“I cannot believe this place is still open”
Review of Seafood Harbor - CLOSED

Seafood Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
birmingham, uk
“I cannot believe this place is still open”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

People out there, please check reviews if available before visiting restaurants The best part of this particular one is the outside and that is exactly where I would advise you to stay.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank bulldogdrummond

Huntington, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doubles as Day Care for Server's Children!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I tried Seafood Harbor on a whim and regret it. To keep this short and sweet, here is a list of the positives and negatives. Positive - the crab legs were really good. Negatives - a server chased her toddler son around the restaurant for about an hour, our server quoted the wrong prices for the bar and side dishes, my medium rare steak couldn't have been any more well done, the food on the salad bar was not fresh and the baked potato that we canceled from our initial order was still on our bill which our server kindly pointed out. Rated this as poor instead of terrible because at least the legs were good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chris S
Culloden, wv
“Ripoff”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

For $29.00 I expect more on the buffet than Crab Legs and poorly cooked, flavorless fish! I tried the Clam Chower and after the first spoon I pushed it away, absolutely horable. The Clams and Shrip were over cooked. The salad bar is nothing to write home about either. Desert selection was cheap pasty and flavorless puddings. Don't waste your time or money on this tourist trap.

2 Thank BubblesWV
Newport News, Virginia
“Go somewhere else!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recommend drinking heavily if you plan on eating here. That is the only way this food is palatable. Let's put it this way, the best thing on the seafood buffet is the watermelon and the mac n cheese.

2 Thank Smash38
Chesterfield, Virginia
“If this was the last restaurant open in VA Beach, go to the next town!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our visit was the week of July 4th. This was not our first visit to be sure, but it will be our last. It's a buffet, tho you can order from the menu, so it goes without saying that the food is not 5 star. Nor were we expecting that. Previous visits were filling and satisfactory. However on this visit (a trip to VA Beach for my mom's birthday) all, and I mean all, the food was overcooked and mushy to the consistency of baby food-and with as much flavor. We were told all was fresh as the lunch rush had ended about an hour previously. To even admit to charging more for the rubbery and cold crab legs was insulting. Fortunately we opted not to indulge-tho it was our original reason for stopping there. The salad bar was so small it could have fit on a serving tray. I ate a couple of bites of the salad, some bread and absolutely nothing else on my plate from the buffet. Though not a factor to this review, our waitress never once asked if we were enjoying our meal-maybe because it was so obvious we were not-so unlike our previous meals there. The clincher was seeing the kitchen help/cook go out and start sweeping the parking lot, come back in and stir and rearrange stuff on the buffet line. No way, and I mean no way, did he have time to wash his hands. I am not sure if the restaurant changed ownership-and neither was the manager when I asked. And I use manager very loosely. Note to owners: training in customer service skills very adviseable in a service industry. Our bill for 3 people was $73.00. Only my husband made a second trip to the buffet. My mom and I did not dare tho we were also very hungry. Later that evening, my husband paid dearly for that second trip and was unable to join us for the firework display. You'd think an established eatery, on the main drag in Virginia Beach over the prime summer holiday would be a safe bet. You'd be wrong.

• Visited June 2012