“At sea in McCormick's”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #163 of 1,423 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Cross street: Commerce Street
Transit: HRBT route stops in town center
Garden City NY
“At sea in McCormick's”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

McCormick & Schmidt is now an international chain, found usually in big cities, specializing in seafood. Prices are a bit upscale, This one in Virginia Beach is average IMHO. My seafood combo was not very inspired. I think I should have ordered one plain fish and see how they cooked it instead. Others in my party who ate crabcakes liked the place much better. The beer selection is minimal. Our waiter tried very hard to please.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank GC_Guru

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband wanted to take his son to eat his birthday dinner with all the family. When we got to the restaurant we had to wait to be seated even though we made reservations. Then when we were finally seated our waitress was not attentive and not in any type of urgency. Our water must have taken 25 minutes to get to our table. The bread wasn't brought to our table until our appetizers were almost delivered. I was embarrassed. I have to be fair and say the oysters rockerfeller, creme brule, and flavor and temperature of our food was excellent even though it took us an hour to get our food. I tried to find a manager and expected someone to check on us as I have seen in this restaurant in Florida. No one to be found.

• Visited January 2014
Hampton, Virginia
“Free Veterans Day Meal!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Every year McCormick & Schmick’s serves Veterans a Free meal. There is a special menu for your free veteran’s meal. The choices are very diverse from almond incrusted tilapia to a beef hamburger with fries. The key to this free meal is to make reservations in advance. The meal and the service were outstanding.
Thank you, McCormick & Schmick’s!

• Visited November 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Seafood, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I discovered McCormick & Schmick's several years ago when they had a location in Orlando. It was one of my very favorite places to go when I needed to treat myself to something out of the ordinary.

The Virginia Beach M&S has been a terrific place to have business lunches, entertain clients, or have private, romantic dinners. The food is always excellent. They have a great wine list. Great happy hour specials. Curtained sections for enhanced privacy. Wonderful atmosphere.

Whatever you choose from the menu, you will likely be quite pleased. Everything is cooked to order and very fresh. The servers are sharp and attentive without being intrusive.

Be sure to save room for dessert. Everything is made in-house. We have never been disappointed.

Highly recommend.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Machis5769
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had been to McCormick and Schmick's about 18 years ago in another state and my fiancé had never been. It was amazingly wonderful food, atmosphere, and service. William was an amazing server! Our lobster bisque was the best bisque I have ever had and the swordfish was divine. The "shrimp kisses" appetizer recommended by William were incredible and we appreciated his recommendation. This is probably our new "go to" seafood restaurant! Love it!

• Visited October 2013