“LOVE IT!” 4 of 5 bubbles

$450.00*
and up
Daily Boat Rentals - SouthWind Sport Deck 212SD
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature enthusiasts will love this park with 2,700-acres of hiking trails, cypress swamps and nesting grounds for a variety of birds.
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“LOVE IT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We camped in June 2013 as well as June 2012. We really enjoyed it. Great time to go crabbing! Kids have a lot of fun, and so do we. :D The shower areas could use some work as they're kinda stinky, but I've seen much worse so I wouldn't let that keep me from coming back. Looking forward to may more camping trips there!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank cnpknight

Mississauga, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“camped July 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have a class A motor home and booked here to camp. It is a lovely beach where we saw dolphins in the bay. Very little undertow so makes swimming enjoyable. We saw several park rangers drive by our site during day and evening.
Only complaint was the noise from the armed force base in the evening conducting helicopter drills. Stop by 11:00 pm. We will go again

Visited July 2013
2 Thank KathyS1955
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Cabins are a great get away.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the cabins in First Landing twice. I love coming here and feeling like you are away from all the hustle and bustle. The cabins have the bare necessities and are quite comfortable. (kitchenette, coffee pot, stove, fireplace, etc.) They allow pets and have great walking trails throughout the park for you to enjoy nature. The cabins have large private porches with picnic benches. If you are visiting the Virginia Beach area, have a pet, and need a place to stay with family that is not going to break the bank, I would highly suggest making a reservation at one of their cabins.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank Deborah D
Virginia Beach, Virginia
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“great for hiking, biking, and enjoying scenery and wildlife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

On a glorious 78 degree day in late December, I hiked several miles at FLSP. I have enjoyed the Park many times, the hiking trails are scenic and well maintained, although 2 trails are susceptible to washing out due to rain or high tide; Osmanthus and Osprey. Both are wonderful trails, just check with staff at the Visitor Center for trail conditions. I walked parts of several trails including one of my favorites, Long Creek Trail. Much of Long Creek Trail follows scenic waterways, has trees draped with Spanish Moss, and is just far enough from the main Cape Henry Trail to afford senerity. LCT is mostly on high ground so the views are nice. Osprey intersects with LCT and runs low along the sandy shoreline. LCT can be reached at either end of the Park; Shore Dr via Cape Henry and other connecting trails, or 64th St LCT entrance/exit is almost halfway between front parking area and boat ramp but there is a small parking area near the LCT trailhead.
If you are visiting the oceanfront, FLSP is very convenient and offers a great change of pace and nice spot for picnic and hike or bike.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank goneagain2
long island, new york
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Pretty Cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We came here to hang out and have lunch on the beach. We did some walking around and found some pretty cool things along the way. I wish we had more time to hang out and see what else the park had to offer!

Visited April 2013