“Nice Experience”

Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum
Ranked #12 of 124 things to do in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Coastal history is alive and thriving at the Virginia Beach Surf & Rescue Museum. Standing proudly at 24th Street on the Boardwalk, the museum building itself is a Virginia Beach icon on the National Register of Historic Places. Explore lots of fun exhibits and a great gift shop right on the boardwalk!
Virginia
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After visiting Virginia Beach many times and walking by this place every time, I decided to stop. I am glad I did. My guide Marty was wonderful, so knowledgeable yet personable.

All in all a nice little gem worth the stop. You could easily make this a quick stop, I was there less than an hour. However, I am a fast museum person. I imagine the average museum goer would be 1-2 hours.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank AmbersM0mmy

Bartlett, Illinois
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Thanksgiving Holiday”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very interesting place. A guide to tell you all about the history of this Coast Guard Station. Worth checking it out.

Visited November 2013
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“A worthwhile boardwalk stop”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

You won't believe some of the contraptions that our brave Coast Guardsmen used to get to shipwrecks and retrieve their hapless victims. Do yourself a favor: get out of the sun for 30 minutes and learn something new. Definitely worth your time--for adults and older children. I loves me my Coast Guard heros!

Visited December 2013
Williamsburg
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Interesting History”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My best friend and I visited this fall. It was very interesting the way changes that have been made over the years to life saving devices and such

Visited October 2013
Warren PA
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A bit of history on the Boardwalk”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

As you're wandering the boardwalk, stop in for a free look at the history displays and small souvenir shop. A good use of about 30 minutes, browsing through the two-story historic building.

Visited October 2013