“For a second choice it was not bad”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Ranked #46 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Murphy's Irish Pub is located one block off of the beach at 30th Street and Pacific Avenue, serving everything from authentic Irish specialties to fresh,local seafood and produce. We offer nightly dinner specials and Happy Hour all year long as well as live entertainment, an outdoor patio for the summer months, and the largest 4 sided fireplace at the beach for the winter months.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had planned to go to another restaurant to eat and since that restaurant had only a buffet, we decided to go to Murphy's since it was within walking distance of the hotel. The food was good and the ambiance was better. The restaurant was crowded with people but did not feel as if there were no place to go. We were seated promptly and there was plenty of room.

1  Thank dave n

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

It's hard to find a place that reminds you of Ireland. Murphy's does. Dark pub-like atmosphere, great Guinness, fish and chips, crab cakes, fish, as well as corned beef and cabbage and shepherd's pie. We enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good Irish Pub with good Irish specials, food and beverage. Very friendly waitstaff and bartenders. Good place to watch your favorite team or have a good game of darts ( or both)

1  Thank Grenville F
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Ordered clams in marinara sauce, and it was so burning hot (spicy), I couldn't finish more than a few mouthfuls. Nowhere on the menu did the description say "fiery hot" or "extremely spicy", which is NOT what you would expect for marinara sauce....Told the waitress about it, and she just shrugged her shoulders...didn't offer to get me something else to eat.
I would NOT recommend this restaurant since there are so many more excellent choices in VA Beach.

1  Thank cyngert1
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I seem to gravitate to Irish Pub's when on travel, and here it was a block from my hotel, oh well. Simply, this is a great pub with nice people and good food and good selection of beers too. I have nothing bad to say, only good, I am glad I found it.