“Bad management”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Verona
Marquette, Michigan
“Bad management”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

When we checked in at 1:00 am, we asked about a room on the second floor and we were told that they were doing renovations and we needed to pick another room. We ended up getting a room with a double and come to find out it was a handicapped room. A couple of nights later we were moved into a room with a kingsize bed and the very next day we were told that we had to pay another 50.00 for our stay. According to the website it says that for a kingsize bed and 2 doubles are the same price so why were we charged more? The linens on the bed did not fit properly and they were stained.
We also asked that our room not be cleaned while we were gone for the day, we came back and it was cleaned, but no towels were left for us. We were there for 1 week, i should have taken my business elsewhere after the first night. The rooms need new recliners (hard as a rock), new sheets would be good, and the kind that fit the beds, cleaner bedspreads. I plan on visiting the area again, but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Oh by the way the pool that is advertised on their website is non existing,it was covered with a tarp, apparently the owners want to put in a playground in there instead of a pool. The only reason why we stayed there is because my boyfriends' friend works there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
VA BCH
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Basic room, perfect for 1 night stay. Clean room, coffee available in the office and a snack for the morning breakfast. You can't beat the price.

We did a hike one day and stayed 1 night. No frills, just basic room was all we needed. King size bed was good.

Room Tip: Heater was a little noisy, but didn't effect our rest as we had a busy day.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
hammond, la
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I would highly recommand not staying in this flee bag for any kind of money. This is probably the worse motel I ever stayed at in a 30 years of traveling. The rooms are filty and the staff belongs in a Tarentino movie. Good luck.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mo321

Travelers are raving about these Verona hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ok so obviously one finds or books this hotel based on one thing....price. We booked this place off of Priceline day of. We were travelling to DC and this is the farthest we could make it for the day. Priceline said it was a pet-friendly hotel for $64 including tax and pet fee. We thought even if this place is a dump it will be worth the price, WRONG!

We showed up and asked for our room, the lady at the front desk asked in a very rude fashion to write down all of our license and credit card info. My girlfriend asked asked nicely, "Don't you already have that information from Priceline? She said her computer was slow and needed all the information again for incidentals and then started screaming in another language. We said we will show our ID, but not write it down, if you could give us the room key we paid for that would be great. Once again she started screaming in another language and then put her husband/owner on speaker over her cell phone. He continued the verbal abuse switching back in forth between broken english and some indian dialect. No one deserves to be screamed at, so we left.

Called Priceline to get refunded because we could not even check in. They declined because of their same day non-refundable reservationpolicy. We were not canceling our reservation because we found a better price, or did not like the looks, we could not even speak in a rational manner to the lady at the front desk! After much deliberation the manager at Priceline said he would talk to the hotel and see if we could be refunded. After about 15 minutes he comes back on the phone and says he cannot refund us. We asked if he had a pleasant conversation, he said without hesitation, NO, but policy is policy. Well I read Priceline's policy and I don't see anything about being refused a room? I have used Priceline about 15 times, now I will never use them again because they obviously side with the hotel, not the consumer. We will fight this charge through our credit card company and priceline will see 0, but somehow the Knights Inn will keep the $54 even though no one stayed there.

I rarely, rarely write 1 star reviews anywhere, but this place deserves to go out of business. I don't care if they offer rooms for $10, take your money elsewhere there are tons of other budget hotels in Northern Virginia area.

Room Tip: Book elswewhere.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I got this motel from hotwire no hotel name display. Unfortunately I forgot to read review before booking this motel. After I booked and read the review I was shocked and contacted hotwire to cancel the reservation. They declined. Well I checked in everything came true. The front desk guy was not professional, no greeting whatsoever. Talked rudely. The room was very old type, the blanket was completely rotten. How can a motel chain of 2 star keep suck a rotten blanket. The motel provides continental breakfast which is very poor in standard. Overall if you cant get any other motel instead of sleeping in the car or rest area you can stay in this motel. I realized the motel management is Indian. I personally worked in the motel. I know how Indian people manages the motels. They are getting into more and more into the motel business and ruining the service and standard. Please stay from them!!

Room Tip: read reviews prior to booking.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This was our only reasonable option in order to attend granddaughter's graduation at Harrisonburg. They jacked up the rates to twice the regular rate and then refused to give me my Wyndham Rewards (paid $117 incl tax). Room was much less than spotless (but not really dirty). Everything looked (and was) worn. No fridge or microwave, no coffeemaker. Telephone would only work if you held the cord a certain way. Wireless internet was slower than molassas. Last night, I stayed in a Comfort Inn in Bristol VA which was no great shakes, but infiitely better than this Knights Inn for $70 incl tax. Avoid this place if you can.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This hotel is the nastyest place ...idk even know why it is still OPEN! ..the sheets are stained brown like the have never been washed. The smell of the whole room is horrific! The tub have never been cleaned the are covered in yeallow scum. If u want water u must run it for atleast 2 min. till the brown water clears up, the shower head sprays from everywheres but the holes. There are dead bugs in the lights on the celing and the fan and light doesnt even work. The heating unit blows musty cool air when its on heat. The walls have black mold growing up it 2 feet. This has been the worst place my fiancee and I have ever stayed at on a trip. Where the [--]are the managers and housekeepers!!!! we paid 50 dollers to stay at a horrier movie hotel. U get 6 channels and the tv is from the ice age and it has no color.The bed is like sleeping on wood. There are bugs all over the walls by the door since the door doesnt close on the bottom. Something should be done about this crap hole place since its charging way to much to for a room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Verona
Motel 6 Staunton
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Knights Inn Staunton/Verona? Share your experiences!