“special food”
Review of The Works Bar and Grill - CLOSED

The Works Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of historic Urbanna is The Works Bar and Grill. We feature a dining room, bar, patio and game room. A little bit of something for everyone.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Atmosphere and food excellent, as well as wait staff. Right in the town of Urbanna, good friendly staff,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great food, upscale casual, great price, nice setting, great drinks. What else can we say, a must try for dinner in Urbanna. Highly recommend the Friday night "date night" $20 for soup/salad, entree, and dessert. Worth twice the price.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great atmosphere in this cute little town. We were excited to see the menu and quickly ordered drinks and steamed oysters. Drinks were very slow to come, they looked understaffed on a busy Saturday afternoon. The oysters arrived and looked absolutely pathetically overcooked, I was suprised that they were served. We also order entrees. My husband's fish sandwich was also overcooked, the fish was dry. My crabcake was good but would call it average. The portions were reasonable for the price.

The atmosphere was fantastic, I could see this being a wonderful spot for drinks. The waitstaff was very kind, but again service was very slow. We enjoyed, might be back for a beer but that's all.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We arrived in Urbanna on Friday. We came to town on a Living Social offer which included a free appetizer at Ostra. We ordered the fried oysters and the crab cake. They were delicious. Friday night is Date Night, offering a 3 course dinner for $20.00. Our dinner was wonderful. We started with a Caesar and House Salad. For our entres we chose the Salmon with grit cakes and green beans and the Porterhouse Pork Chop with mashed potatos and apple chutney. Both were spectacular. Then for dessert we had The Big O and the cheesecake. They were also delicious. They also offer bottles of wine for $15 on date night as well. I would definitely recommend Ostra while visiting Urbanna. The service and food were great!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This little town has some serious soul. Ostra was a great place to eat. I don't eat oysters but I tried their cheeseburger (a craving at that particular moment) and fries. Incredible. Really good. Even better were the two Patron margaritas during happy hour. Two of the best margaritas in my life thus far and I have some experience in this department. You will not be disappointed to try Ostra. The place had a great vibe and you can tell much thought and love has gone into making this restaurant a place to frequent regularly.