All reviews super sites rv sites the ice cream shop nice campground large sites adult pool mini golf favorite campground oyster festival crab feast bike riding camping trip water trampoline travel trailer putt putt golf cart traffic pool area
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2016

First time staying at Bethpage, heard lots about the camp ground prior to going and wanted to check it out ourselves. Site was VERY spacious, and level. Site was grass with some dirt, wish there was a bit more gravel on sites. Strong odor of septic the first night however mgmt stayed on top of the issue and pumped out the system multiple times throughout our stay. Pool and waterpark was very busy due to the heat, temperature of the water was also very hot, and at times not very refreshing. Our site (Sycamore 3) was on the main road of the campground and was a great view for the nightly golf cart cruising. Ice cream store and mini golf was extremely far from main campsites. Our group enjoyed a sunset cruise on the Bethpager.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

Overall our visit was good and relaxing. A lot to do for the kids and family. Bathhouse was clean but very cramped for a 6' man as it was almost better showering in the rv.

Pool was nice but over the 4th of July weekend all you could do is stand in the pool as it was wall to wall people.

Sites were very large and we all grass. We had 2ish days of rain and a lot of the sites flooded, luckily not ours but friends and they had to go thrift the sloppy mess just to get off their site.

I think the biggest issue we had was the ton of people but was not fully unexpected as we stayed on a holiday but there is not much rule to the campground when the sun goes down so need to be careful especially with smaller kids and was told by staff that no security is on the campground. We did see the local sheriff roll through a few times but mostly seemed to be looking for underage drinking.

Overall we'd return and that's to the staff as we never had an unpleasant experience.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

We were in the area and looking for a place to park our RV. We didn't have reservations; however we were able to get a nice spot and stayed a week at Bethpage. This place is family oriented with nice pools & water park. Boat rentals & a great little restaurant on the grounds.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Bethpage1, Manager at Bethpage Camp-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Thank you for staying with us for the week and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Please come visit us again when you are in the area!

Reviewed June 24, 2016

First time camping at Bethpage.Stayed Fri to Fri June 10, 2016- June 17. Stayed with my family of 5 (Juniper 14A) and Friends family of 4 (Dogwood 13). Sites were great and you would have to be a first timer to not understand the hook ups at each camp site as well as boundaries. This is a huge campground with many season campers so you can expect the weekends and summer weeks to be crowded and yes Golf Carts. I dont own one but if I had a seasonal there or any campground I would have one maybe two so thats just common sense. All the staff including life guards were very nice. During the week there was hardly any crowd at the campground even times we were only ones at the pool and lake areas. No matter what campgrounds I have been to there is always loud music, drinking, golf carts, loud people, kids, etc. thats why they have a Quiet Time (11pm - 7am) As far as the flooded sites, there is a drain on every site that I saw. We had 2 inches of rain our last night there and there was NO water laying afterwards. The price to stay to me is fair, but would like to see a military/first responder discount. Other camp grounds charge more and also add amenity fees during peak time with just a splash pool area. The only negative thing I can say is we did not stay long enough! Next year will be a week+.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Bethpage1, Manager at Bethpage Camp-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and detail your experience! We hope to see your family back with us soon and safe travels the rest of this summer!

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

I had two reservations for side by side sites. One for us, one for my dad. When I paid in full on the phone before arriving, I had my dad's name added to our reservation because he was most likely going to arrive before us. When we arrived, they tried to put us together on one site and said we only had one reservation although I had TWO confirmation numbers and paid for two sites. I had to ride with the host all the way back to the office to sort the mess out then back to our campsite to finally set up. The host showed us where to park and hook up. The next day, I got a call from the office saying we needed to move our trailer because we were hooked up to the wrong septic?!? My husband and dad had to walk all the way from the pool to our sites. The supervisor was extremely rude and wanted us to hook up and move 10 feet when the motor home next to us could have easily done the same. We finally suggested that was a better idea and thankfully didn't have to move. Ridiculous hassle.

The sites are nice, but the park was very crowded. Pool is nice, but water was freezing and there were not enough chairs. Lots of loud, inappropriate music, people speeding around in golf carts, and lots of public drinking. Ehhhh...

This was our first time camping in a very long time and the first time in our first travel trailer. Don't think we'll be back.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank momphotos
Bethpage1, General Manager at Bethpage Camp-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. Our goal is to have every guest experience the exceptional service that Bethpage has provided for many years. I will certainly follow up with my staff and use this experience as a training opportunity.
Also I invite you to contact me personally if you decide to stay with us again in the future and I will help coordinate your visit.

Terry Jordan