“Rude and won't be going back!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Urbanna
Bethpage Camp-Resort
Point of Rocks, Maryland, United States
“Rude and won't be going back!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you take your golf kart, they will hound you until you get a pass, which you have to pay $15 a day to keep your golf kart at there place.
Some of the people are racial
The elderly people that work there, run it like a boot camp and tell the kids they have to be off there bikes by dusk if they don't have head lights on there bike. Not there place to tell other people children what to do. The kids are there to have a good time, let them.
The lady across from where we were staying accused my dog of biting her 12 week old pug. The Hebner's are extremely rude and racial people. They thought that I had a pitbull, but she is an Olde English Bulldogge who wouldn't hurt a damn fly. When my husband asked her here name she turned around and walked away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Nancy C

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked Bethpage for the weekend after the 4th. Wanted to take the young kids as the waterpark and lake looked like a good time for them. We chose the "cottage" which was basically a 2BR mobile home with a deck, as we don't have an RV. There appears to be about 18 cottages and a million RV sites at the facility.

Place was absolutely packed with people ... almost all seemingly riding around on golf carts. The waterpark was very nice, but ... not without issue. Make sure you get there far in advance of 10am, as we walked in the door at 10:05 and there were no chairs, despite the park being probably at most 1/3 full - obviously towels were marking the spot for later.

Lake was a better experience - rented a paddle boat, though it was a pain to have to rent the boat at the main office, then return to the lake to ride. Snack bar was decent. Kids enjoyed it. Downside - teens that were swearing, adults with open container and smoking, etc.

Cottage was very good, if overpriced. With the exception of the floor, it was very clean - perhaps the cleanest I've seen a hotel/motel/cabin room. Ours was located across from the playground, which ours kids loved but was ok for us - if a bit annoying if some of the kids got loud. Used the BBQ grill out front for dinner which was nice, and the deck has nice poly-wood furniture. AC cranked out the cool air and the TV had a ton of channels. Internet at the cottage did not work at all, despite the website saying the entire location had wireless (the pool and lake area were fine).

Ice cream parlor and mini-golf were great. Recommended.

I guess the issue here is ... the amount of people and associated activity. As mentioned, there are hundreds of golf carts, many playing loud, blaring music and some adults and teens using salty language. It was very difficult to negotiate the place with my vehicle, avoiding speeding golfcarts and folks wandering all over the place. I literally saw the same carts driving up and down the main drag ... and others driving to points unknown (maybe I was just missing the fun somewhere). As other reviews also mentioned, kids seem to wander around alone, and the open container rule is surely not enforced. However, I did find that the 11pm curfew was enforced, as soon as 11pm hit - the place got quiet. The staff was very good.

So, the good - a good waterpark that despite the weekend, the kids had room to enjoy (though no chairs), a nice lake with associated activities, a great ice cream, and a decent (but pricey) accommodation. And the bad ... total lack of enforcement of posted rules, pricey, and annoying golf cart traffic / questionable behavior from those riding the carts. But our young kids loved it, so that's all that matters I suppose, but do you homework before you book here, particularly if you've never experienced an RV/campground atmosphere. Undecided if we'd return.

Room Tip: Cottages 2, 4, 6, and 8 are directly across from the playground. Some good and bad with being here...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank cne24
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been a camper at BethPage for about 10 years, but I won't be going back. They've priced themselves out of what I am willing to pay for "camping".

We were there in the spring of this year, and of course, their "cable TV" service didn't work. I got lot's of excuses for why it didn't, but they really didn't have a clue why it was crappy. I realize that TV is not why we camp, but if they advertize something they should deliver it.

Last but not lease, many sites are not usable when it rains... many years of RVs going in and out of sites have mashed the soil down to where a "bowl" of sorts is formed.

They need to lower prices and do some groundskeeping to make sites drain off better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Garibee
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were very excited to spend a week at Beth Page. We arrived on on Wednesday and plan to depart next Wednesday. Unfortunately we are seriously considering losing the money and leaving early. The problem with this place are; there are NO rules (or they just aren't enforced). It's like one big block party. We went to the pool(which is very nice) only to see countless people drinking at 10 am. They were sitting on the edge of the "family pool" with open containers. Kids are unsupervised at all times and at all hours of the night. If there is a "quiet" time it is not enforced. We have four small girls and camp often. This is by far the worst campground we have been to. Children ride up and down the roads on gulf carts with music blairing. My husband and I are young( in our 30's) so we are far from old and stuck in our ways. This place is that bad. I think parents use the campground as a babysitter while they get plastered all day. What a shame because it could be a beautiful place. We will not be returning to this camp ground.

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank JHmommyto4girls
De
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This Memorial Day weekend has been the same as the last few holiday stays. There is little regard to the rules or any enforcement of them from park staff. Golf carts with kids, under 16, driving around all day long. Very loud music with profanity from carts with kids and adult driving them. Kids completely unsupervised while parents openly consume alcohol with no discretion. Last night I heard the screech of tires to see a very small boy on a bike with training wheels almost get hit by a truck. There were no adults to be found watching out for this child. If this is what you consider camping then this is the place for you. If you have family values then avoid this place, especially on holidays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank momof1
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed @ Bethpage Camp-Resort as part of the 2013 VA Samboree (Good Sam Club).
We had meet with a representative of Bethpage at the Richmond RV show, and we were told that the location would allow us to reserve a golf cart because my wife is disabled. We were told that they don't normally reserve carts, but they would allow it because of the disability. We called for for almost 2 months and it was finally taken care of the week before we arrived.
Once we arrived at the Camp-Resort everything was fantastic with the exception of the lack of enforcement of the quiet hours. Both Friday and Saturday night we had golf carts rolling down the road with their music going and the people being loud.
Minus the few issues, the staff was very helpful, and amenities where top notch. We'd love to stay there again, but they don't give a Good Sam Club discount and the cost per night seems a bit high.

Room Tip: The sites are nice, but stay away from the ends of the streets if you can. The traffic traveling on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank James S
Richmond, Va
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Beth Page for over 4 years in our 41 foot motor home. We have traveled alone, but mostly with family. ( 5 grand daughters ) All members of our family really enjoy this camp ground. It catering to all ages. There are lots of planned activities for the kids, less for the adults. What I have been so impressed with each time we go is the wonderful family experiences that we have observed. Neither my husband or I expericed camping as we were growing up. But sure wished we had had the opportunity to go to a place as nice as Beth Page. Our 3 children and 5 grand daughters have made some great memories. Honestly we have never been there on Labor Day. We always go at least twice during the summer months, and have not run into any of the problems mentioned. There is an adult pool, where drinking is allowed. But I have never seen any problems. I do sometimes wonder about the ages of young adults driving the golf carts?? But I have never seen any fast or dangerous driving. My husband and I do enjoy fixing a cocktail in the evening and walking through the campground and meeting other people. And building a fire with our family and roasting marshmellows. It is a great place to people watch ! It is not a State Park. We have always found the employees to be very friendly and helpful ! They seem to really enjoy what they do, and we are planning our next trip in June. The entire family ! Please go on line to their web site !

Room Tip: They do not have tent camping, but they do have very nice small cottages to rent. The spaces for cam...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Msly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbanna
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Irvington
Chesapeake Bay RV Resort
Chesapeake Bay RV Resort
#1 of 2 in Gloucester

Been to Bethpage Camp-Resort? Share your experiences!