“Loved the pies”

Something Different
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Urbanna
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Loved the pies”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I took our daughter to the river for the 4th for her to stay with friends. A neighbor recommended Something Different as a place for us to have lunch on the way back to a Richmond. What a find! We loved the atmosphere and the food was great. I highly recommend the Hot Brown sandwich with turkey and country ham. So delicious. We each ordered pie. I got the coconut rum custard and he got the chocolate cashew chess. They served the chocolate one warm which made it even better. We loved it and the owner was kind enough to send me the pie recipes. His name is Dan. Be sure to meet him. It was fun talking to him. We will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NPSRVA

Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent Food (esp. the Beef offerings!!)”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The atmosphere is great with a nice bar area and the staff is super friendly. I was so surprised by the Tri-Tip Beef dish I ordered. I am from the Mid-West and kind of snobby about my beef and was blown away by how good it was. Someone else ordered the beef brisket and it was delicious as well! I really enjoyed eating at this establishment and they make you feel like you are a local even when you're not! PS - they have an attached ice cream shop with all homemade ice cream - I love heat in my desserts and they had a "hot chocolate" ice cream with chili peppers!

• Visited July 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Holy cow!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize heaven was located in Urbanna, Virginia!! I was lucky enough to dine, today, at Something Different. The building's interior is loaded with fabulous old beams and tables salvaged from their farm and a prorevolutionary home named Woodbine. Now, for the food...the beef brisket was sublime and the macaroni and cheese topped with country ham was magnificent! We ended with a beignet and a slice of their homemade chocolate cashew chess pie with vanilla ice cream. Ah! If this is heaven I swear I'll behave for the rest of my life!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank dmadi
Hampton, Virginia
“A pleasant surprise in the Rivah Country”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a new place for the Third Saturday in Rivah Country geocaching meet and greet. This was a small meet for us and the restaurant was quick and smooth in changing plans. The server was quite pleasant and attentive and the selections were quite wide. I opted for a Texas brisket with fries and slaw. On first appearance, I was not happy as it looked chopped, but opening the bun I found sliced meat and the taste was quite nice. The "brisket sauce" seemed a bit more NC than TX, but worked. All the portions at our table were large - well worth the money. All in all, I hope Rivah Country wants to return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GrandpaGene
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something for Everyone”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place has me excited to come back to. We went to stay at the Chesapeake Inn last May (2013). This place had incredible specials which I had-as well as large portioned entrees on the everyday menu. I ordered the Quinoa (Veggie) Burger salad and my boyfriend ordered an incredible pasta entree. Both of us were so full and satisfied. The best part about it is the menu wasn't directly tailored to "Vegetarians" or "Non-Vegetarians" but the quality of both sides of the food menu were top notch. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited July 2013