“Excellent Food (esp. the Beef offerings!!)”

Something Different
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Urbanna
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The atmosphere is great with a nice bar area and the staff is super friendly. I was so surprised by the Tri-Tip Beef dish I ordered. I am from the Mid-West and kind of snobby about my beef and was blown away by how good it was. Someone else ordered the beef brisket and it was delicious as well! I really enjoyed eating at this establishment and they make you feel like you are a local even when you're not! PS - they have an attached ice cream shop with all homemade ice cream - I love heat in my desserts and they had a "hot chocolate" ice cream with chili peppers!

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I didn't realize heaven was located in Urbanna, Virginia!! I was lucky enough to dine, today, at Something Different. The building's interior is loaded with fabulous old beams and tables salvaged from their farm and a prorevolutionary home named Woodbine. Now, for the food...the beef brisket was sublime and the macaroni and cheese topped with country ham was magnificent! We ended with a beignet and a slice of their homemade chocolate cashew chess pie with vanilla ice cream. Ah! If this is heaven I swear I'll behave for the rest of my life!

2  Thank dmadi
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a new place for the Third Saturday in Rivah Country geocaching meet and greet. This was a small meet for us and the restaurant was quick and smooth in changing plans. The server was quite pleasant and attentive and the selections were quite wide. I opted for a Texas brisket with fries and slaw. On first appearance, I was not happy as it looked chopped, but opening the bun I found sliced meat and the taste was quite nice. The "brisket sauce" seemed a bit more NC than TX, but worked. All the portions at our table were large - well worth the money. All in all, I hope Rivah Country wants to return.

1  Thank GrandpaGene
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place has me excited to come back to. We went to stay at the Chesapeake Inn last May (2013). This place had incredible specials which I had-as well as large portioned entrees on the everyday menu. I ordered the Quinoa (Veggie) Burger salad and my boyfriend ordered an incredible pasta entree. Both of us were so full and satisfied. The best part about it is the menu wasn't directly tailored to "Vegetarians" or "Non-Vegetarians" but the quality of both sides of the food menu were top notch. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

While passing through Urbanna on a side trip returning home from a wedding we stopped at "Something Different" for lunch. It is a small town restuarant with great food and friendly service. While we had to wait a short while it was well worth it. Scarlet, our very pleasant and efficient waitress, promptly took our order. My wife had "she crab soup" and crab cakes. I had crab cakes also with sides of cole slaw and potato salad. The crab cakes were made without fillers and were quite good. Scarlet kept our ice tea full and checked on us frequently notwithstanding the fact that the restuarant was very busy.

The bottom line is that I highly recommend it and if back in the area I will visit again. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank thed3

Been to Something Different? Share your experiences!