“Best Restaruant In Urbanna, Va” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Something Different

Something Different
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Urbanna
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cobbs Creek, Virginia, United States
“Best Restaruant In Urbanna, Va”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Wonderful food and staff...... the Smoked salmon and Beef Tips are my favorite. Located on Virginia Street in the center of Urbanna; You do not want to miss out on this Feasting Treasure!!
I LOVE it!!! If I'm in the area I do not miss stopping in for some of the best eats in the area!!!!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Barbara M

Newport News, Virginia
“I can only say WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Wow, my wife and I rode in on our motorcycle this afternoon and had a late lunch/early dinner. The service staff at Something Different is very attentive and keeps the customer well informed. Noticing we were on our motorcycle we were offered a larger table, after several hours on the bike it was nice to spread out a bit and it takes an observant hostess to realize it, bravo. We were doted on as needed, but not so much that it was overbearing. That is a balance that many restaurants fail to achieve. Urbanna is a small coastal Virginia community and I believe they are blessed to have a restaurant of this caliber.

I am a paleo/primal eater and decided to cheat a bit. A previous reviewer complained about the hoecakes, as a lifelong southerner, amateur cook and barbecue aficionado I had to try them. Sides are as important as the main dish so I ordered the She-Crab soup, hoecakes, the tri-tip, pork barbecue and cole slaw. My wife had the brisket instead of the tri-tip. The soup was delicious. I spent the most of the first 30 years of my life between the Chesapeake Bay and Charleston, SC. Both are areas that take great pride in their versions of this southern delicacy, and I assure you this soup holds its own. I appreciated it because I am gluten intolerant, so it was a rare treat. I enjoyed every drop. The hoecakes were a minor cheat, I normally do not eat corn, but they were delicious. Moist and tasty, they did not need any butter or molasses. The cole slaw was not overly sweet, an instant turn off for me. I wanted to taste fresh cabbage and indeed that is what it was. The barbecue (I ordered the vinegar based) was moist, well smoked and quite tasty. My favorite though was the tri-tip. It was perfectly prepared and an ample amount was served.

We were stuffed when we were done, but completed our cheat with some heavenly ice cream. I enjoyed my visit to Something Different and will be back soon. I must warn you, that if you are into sugary processed foods, this is not the place for you. This is honest food served with pride and a dedication to the craft of southern cooking. I will make the ride back up to enjoy it again.

Urbanna, Virginia
“something different something good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

As its name implies it is not your typical restaurant. We have eaten here since it was first opened. We have never had anything other than excellent food and service. The BBQ is the best I have had in Virginia. I don't think you will find any better. All the food is "home made quality."

Richmond, VA
“Something Positively Different Indeed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have visited SD many times over the years and it is always a delicious and visual treat. First and foremost, we have had the privilege to be introduced to Dan Gill, owner. Dan is a quiet, bright, gifted writer and chef. Often, he is circulating the restaurant providing samples of his fabulous homemade pimento cheese or varied ice creams. Their menu is extensive, creative and comforting. This is an experience NOT to be missed.

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our RV group (about 32 tonight) descended on this restaurant about 6PM tonight. They had been advised the day before that we were coming and they were totally prepared for us. Service was great, food was served quickly and was at the correct temperature. Server staff was awesome and met all of our needs from drinks to desserts. Older gentleman (owner/manager maybe) came by with samples of their homemade award winning pimento cheese and it was great. Several members bought pints to take back to the RV's. Could not ask for a better experience. Would definitely recommend them for any group big or small!