“Nice atmosphere, good food, great attention from the manager”

Hunter's Head Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Hunter's Head Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Upperville
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: just west of the Citgo Station
Transit: We are located on the north side of Route 50.
Description: Experience our English-style Pub that serves traditional pub fare, fine dining cuisine and mouthwatering homemade desserts. Entrees and appetizers feature local farm meats (Certified HumaneR and Certified Organic) as well as local produce. From our famous burgers, to roasted chickens, to veal and pork chops, Hunter's Head Tavern provides a unique opportunity for customers to dine with confidence. Our main ingredients come from farms dedicated to maintaining the health and well-being of their animals as well as the land. Domestic and imported beers are available on tap along with an excellent wine selection including local and organic choices. Five different dining rooms and extensive outdoor seating during the warm seasons provide a dynamic dining experience whether you are looking for a family-friendly, romantic or cozy neighborhood environment. Pets are also welcome to dine on the patio.
Winchester, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere, good food, great attention from the manager”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've had a number of great beers and nice meals at the Hunter's Head but last week I had an experience I am not sure I've ever had at a restaurant. The beers were great and I always love dining on the patio. Our meals were pretty good, but my friend who was with wasn't that hungry and didn't eat much of her entree. While we were chatting after dinner, the manager came up and took our bill indicating that there was an error. When he came back he explained that he noticed that my friend didn't eat much of her entree and apologized that she was unhappy with it. She confirmed that it was fine, she wasn't that hungry. He insisted on removing it from the bill. That's right--we never complained and he offered to remove her entree! I will never hesitate to go to Hunter's Head knowing that there is this type of guarantee that I will enjoy my meal. (Plus, I can bring my dog during the summer!) By the way--this is only about 10 miles west of Middleburg, a very affordable and casual option in the area.

• Visited August 2014

Clifton, Virginia, Usa
“A Gem in Upperville,VA.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our 2nd trip here.Had the French dip beef sandwich. It came with a pickle and French fries.
There was cooked onions with the sandwich and beef gravy for dipping.All excellent.The french
fries were crispy on the outside,really good.Reminds me of good Belgian fries.Even the bread
and butter was excellent.Bread is oven warm and crisp skin.Very nice outdoor tables and
umbrella.Service is fast and courteous.Request a spoon to get the beef gravy better.

Owings Mills, Maryland
“We Had No Idea What Was Going On....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were excited about our first visit to the Hunter's Head Tavern. We arrived a little early but we had reservations. The place was crowded and we asked where to go to check in. The young man checking us in should have asked if we had ever been there because we had no idea what was going on. I will explain...apparently when you arrive, he assigns you a table, then you look at the chalkboard and pick what you want to eat and drink. Then you go to the counter by the small bar and tell the girl your order – then she gives you a spoon with a number on it – you then go to the assigned table – put your spoon in the empty wine bottle and wait for the food and drinks. The wait staff brings the food and drinks to your table by checking the number on your spoon. OK – got it? The young man who was doing the check in just asked us to step out of the way and then proceeded to ignore us while we were trying to figure out what was going on. We apparently got to close to the ordering line and other customers were being pushy I guess because we looked like lost sheep. Finally, we went up to the ordering counter and asked what we were supposed to do because we had never been there before. We finally got our spoon and our table and then our drinks. Our server was especially nice but we were only 3 minutes into our salads when the entrees arrived (MUCH to FAST). By the time we finished our salad the entrees were getting cold. AND I cannot forget the flies and gnats that dogged us through the meal – GROSS. They keep the door open and the buggers just come in – in droves. The ONLY good thing was the Sticky Toffee dessert, and it was great!

1 Thank Judy J
buckeyelulu
“First visit today”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I went between giving this restaurant an average and very good. The average would be the menu (wish there were some healthier lighter fare). However, the food itself (the unhealthy) was good. The service was great. Waiters and waitresses could not have been more upbeat and helpful. The outdoor seating is delightful. And the crowd - some who had ben there before and some obvious newbies were all well behaved. Many customers had well behaved dogs. It was a nice vibe. We had difficult finding parking but glad we stuck it out. I'd recommend the place.

Chantilly, Virginia
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Very cool atmosphere, British Pub style service and fair worth a local Loudoun County flare.

This place has been around since the 1700s and no wonder why. The service is great, food even better and just an overall great experience.

We have lived down the road for 7 years, wish we would have discovered this gem a long time ago. Will be our regular brunch spot going forward.