“staffs friendlyness”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Vienna, Virginia
“staffs friendlyness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I want to comment on the excellent jobs your staff have done, my husband, Dale Moody will stay here the rest of the month of Jan 2014, that's a total of almost 40 days.
We are happy, a good start for a brand new year.
Mona works very hard, she was here seven days this holiday week, I just don't want to go home without putting in this good note for her. Cheer!!!!
PS: Nelson is very hard working too. Mrs. Jane Mody

Room Tip: compare and share the prices.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Mrs. Mody,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your kind comments! I was so glad to learn of your wonderful experiences with our staff and certainly enjoyed running into you while you were here. Wish you the best down south in Florida and please come visit us again soon. You can be assured that we will take care of Mr. Mody and we will pass the credit to both Mona and Nelson. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oakton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Caveat: I am a SPG Platinum member, so I always receive a few extra amenities.

I stayed at the Sheraton Premiere Tysons for roughly 30 days this summer. You would think that a hotel would wear you down, but it did not.

Rooms: Larger than expected for a city hotel. Clean. Well appointed for a Sheraton. Terrific views in tower rooms. I would not ever stay in a non-tower room at this property.

Food: Hotel restaurant is above average. Great options are within 200 yards including Italian, greek, and American.

Location: Perfectly located in Tysons due to its proximity to freeway as well as where the new metro will open next year.

Room Tip: Tower only. Non-tower rooms offer no view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear PopeRoman,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location and services. We would like to continue to be your home away from home during your visits to the area. We enjoy reading feedback on our property and about our cleanliness and spacious rooms and the location as you described close to multi different restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. If we can be of additional assistance with your future travel plans to the Tysons Corner area, we welcome the opportunity. Thank you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We were family of 5 we stayed for one night only as a transit. Hotel was really nice and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. Location is nice, near the airport and has facilities around. Less than 1 min walk to walmart. Only comment is that WiFi should be free as it's not.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Aidamourad
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Aidamourad,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I’m delighted we had the opportunity to host you for your family getaway. We appreciate your great feedback and for being such a loyal guest of the Sheraton. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed several aspects of your stay at the Sheraton Tysons Corner such as our great location and hospitable service along with the cleanliness of our guest rooms which we have always been known for. Also, we just wanted to let you know that the Internet charges are free on the weekends. Thank you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed on 12/27 and I must say the entire front desk and bellmen were great, the male front desk agent with neat dreadlocks checked me in , he was very polite and efficient. I definitely will be returning soon

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Synclaire s,
Thank you for the review. Our associates take great pride in their work and I’m glad you experienced their passion for service excellence. I will share your comments along with my appreciation with Stevens and with everyone on our team. We look forward to your return and wish you the happiest new year!
Buxton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights on business. Very good quality hotel. Spacious and comfortable rooms with tea / coffee maker. Wifi expensive at $50 for 5 days. Fridge with a couple of nottles of water was good. Iron was quite ineffective. Only real complaint was bathroom as the water was not always hot and although the room had been renovated the shower head was coming away from the wall. Food options are a little limited and breakfast is actually quite expensive but the quality was good. Pool was deserted, and there was no changing room / shower area.Shuttle was convenient and on time both to local business organisation and Tyson's mall. If you get a taxi from the hotel, get the yellow can rather than the limo.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Mike0210,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a well-rounded review of your stay! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience. On the other hand we apologies for the hot water issue that took a little more time to get hot than expected; we are glad to report that it has been taken care of! We must agree with you – our prime location puts our guests at ease with worry free to get to their destination. Our complimentary shuttle is designed to ensure guests like you feel comfortable when away from home. We are encouraged by your praise! We hope to expect the pleasure of having you back again with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

As a wedding guest, I appreciated the spacious parking, easy layout, and overall "feel" of the event space. The Mezzanine level ballroom was GORGEOUS and the staff did a great job of transforming the space from a pristine ceremony venue to an elegant reception site. You don't need to do much when your focal point is a beautiful chandelier and enormous skylights, so if you're considering a special event here, go take a look. This hotel does a great job with weddings.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear MangezDonc,
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. It was a pleasure to note how much you had enjoyed your friend’s wedding and the positive experience with the staff. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review and your support. Thanks again.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently spent a weekend at this hotel during a convention, and I'm having a hard time understanding why it's called Sheraton "Premiere".

I have stayed at countless Sheraton hotels over the years, and this ranks towards the bottom, overall the hotel is average at best.

From the outside it looks great, and when you first walk into the lobby, it's promising. Nicely renovated lobby, fully equipped business centre, 1st class restaurant. But once you leave the lobby it's all downhill from there.

The rooms are very old and dated (our room had a strange smell throughout the whole stay). The one thing I can say positive about the rooms is that they are generally very large. But the furniture, the amenities, the general look and feel of the room gives you the impression that it's rundown and poorly maintained. I couldn't even find a plug for my cell phone, there was not a single "available" plug in the room, I literally had to unplug the coffee machine for me to plug in my phone.

The location was fine, it all depends if you need to be in that area. The area will soon be serviced by an elevated train, which will be very practical, it's close to some major corporate offices, so relatively good business location. And I have to admit that the price was excellent ($89/night to pre-pay, $99 otherwise).

Also, I did eat at the restaurant, the food was excellent, choice of breakfast buffet or brunch a la carte, good food for a fair price, in a nice resto.

But in general I was disappointed, this hotel is not up the standard I have come to expect from Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear JandK786,
Through each comment we receive, both positive and negative, we are able to seek knowledge and growth to better serve our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is truly appreciated and I will be sure to share it with my colleagues. We are puzzled however by your comments about the condition of our guest rooms as they are newly renovated. We would appreciate more details and we welcome the opportunity to hear more from you as we will be very thankful. We hope to welcome you back in the near future and should you require any future assistance please feel free to call upon me directly.