“Nice Accommodations and Friendly Staff”

Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Premiere in Tyson's 6-7 times and think the hotel is very nice with friendly staff.

The food in the lounge is very good. Only issue is I couldn't purchase a bagel during any of my visits, as they don't stock them at the breakfast counter. Although, the restaurant manager was able to get one for me a couple of times, so again, a shout out to the excellent service from the staff.

The location is a bit confusing to get to due to all the construction in the area (even for locals) but overall the location is good.

• Stayed: February 2013
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hi SzQtie!

Thank you for the feedback!

You will be happy to know that the next time you come back you can order a bagel at the Link at Sheraton!

We hope to see you back again!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the moment I arrived I new that Sheraton was on their game at this property. I was greeted by a bellman who was friendly not pushy. The front desk staff were personable, efficient and informative. And, the shuttle drivers were more than accommodating.

There was a recent renovation which made the lobby bright and cheery, and when I arrived at my room, the same brightness was carried through. The bed (king) was comfortable and clean. Loved the carpets which were upscale (see pic). Ad the size of the room was great and allowed for two chairs with ottomans, a full desk, a large, swivel, a flat screen TV, the bed and a bureau. The room also had a coffee machine.

There are two additional things on the property worth calling out. They offer a shuttle service to /from local business (if you're traveling for work) every 15 mins which saved the hassle of cabbing it. They offer a shuttle to /from 2 shopping areas (every hour) if you're looking for a place to eat or just want to do some shopping. Additionally the hotel has a full service restaurant, but also has a grab and go section, which I loved, for coffee, yogurt, pastries if you're in a rush or don't wat formal sit down. That area also has quite a number of very large TVs, which I imagine would be great for watching football, dancing with the stars or any tv show of your pleasure.

I would definitely stay at the hotel again. Note though that its location is in the suburbs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hi GRLTRAV,

We recently completed a 20 million dollar renovation, thank you for noticing all the positive changes!

Oh, and about the shuttles, we have just been approved for 2 new shuttles this year!!! Thank you for the positive feedback, I will make sure to read your comments with our team.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and kids for one night. Just 5 minutes from the Tyson's Corner malls with shuttle service. Nice pool that my kids enjoyed and a nice wine bar. Hotel was a bit packed due to a dance competition taking place, but overall was not a problem. Good spot.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi Sean H,

Thank you for sharing your story on tripadvisor!

Our indoor pool is fantastic and many of our families love this amenity. Our new restaurant is called Brix and Ale… we have 12 bottles of wine on tap :)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights while visiting friends and touring DC. From check in to check out I was impressed with the staff in particular. Friendly, helpful and pleasant. The beds were very comfortable. Food was good in the Brix and Ale restaurant. Only issue is the traffic! But once the nearby Metro station is up and running I would use that every time.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank trendell26
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I carefully selected this hotel based on Trip Advisor recommendations. I agree with previous comments about positive attitudes of the staff, they are top-notch. It is Sheraton's management policies that make likely that I will avoid Sheraton Hotels in the future. I felt thoroughly gouged by certain practices, such as exorbitant Internet charges, exorbitant long distance phone charges, and extremely limited restaurant choices of mediocre quality food. For example, I ordered "Maryland Crab Cake" which was served on a disgustingly sugar-sweet bun. The breakfast buffet is one of the most limited of any major hotel's in my years of travel experience. Because of the hotel location it is nearly impossible to walk to other places; Tyson's Corner is definitely "Motor City", without sidewalks. I have never before written a negative review of any hotel or restaurant.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Curtis S

Hi Curtis S,

Frist allow me to apologize for not exceeding your expatiations.

We are defiantly in a time a great change for the Tysons Corner area. The city is in the process of expanding our sidewalks to 14 feet on each side. I think if you came back today you would be surprised at the transformation in just 1 month. The Silver Line Metro is scheduled to open in December and will help elevate traffic. Did you know the new Silver Line will connect Tysons Corner to downtown DC and eventually Dulles Airport! I will share your feedback with our culinary team about the Maryland Crab Cake sandwich, but surprised as it is one of our most popular items on the menu.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback; it is the only way we will know what to work on to improve for our guests!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed there for over 20 night on four different trips. They have a great workout facility, nice pool, and they team of employees really care about their guest and make you feel valued. Jose is one of the guys that takes care of the sky lounge. He is always on the ball and treats his job as a professional.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Was here for a wedding. Glad we stayed here instead of going home. The room was huge and extremely clean. The bed was so comfy. The pool was great for the kids since no one else was in it and was warm. Variety to eat for breakfast and scrumptious. Staff at the desk were friendly, but really couldn't help when the bus to the ceremony was really late. So ended up taking a taxi.

• Stayed: September 2012

Hi hyenas77,

What great feedback!

I want you to know we will share your comments in our next staff meeting!
Hope you see you again!