“Great stay!”

Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I can't say anything negative about the stay at this hotel! The bed was so comfortable that I almost overslept for my meeting the next morning. The bathroom was very nice. The staff was very professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if in the area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear YDM425,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experience during your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed! Our staff is looking forward to welcoming you back to a relaxing nights rest soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

After reading all the mediocre reviews about this hotel I was very skeptical about staying here on a business trip. I was even MORE worried about a block away when I saw all the construction going on in the area & all around the property. However, as soon as I got out of my friend's car & walked through the doors I was immediately relieved & pleasantly surprised.

My first impression was "wow, everyone was way too friendly" I was waiting to finally come across someone who didn't say "hello or welcome to the Sheraton Premiere", but that really never happend. Just an overall nice vibe. Very pretty lobby as well. Check-in was totally quick and pleasant. The gentleman who checked me in (7/31/12 @ 6:00 pm) gave me some information regarding points of interest, restaurants in the area. Very nice to deal with. I stayed in a tower room on the 16th floor close to the elevator and again was concerned that the noise from the elevator would keep me up, but I really didn't hear much in the way of noise until the morning when I was up early anyway. The room was very nicely appointed and very clean. The bathroom was spacious and also clean. There wasn't much of a "view" just mostly down to the pool area & highway, but nonetheless still very bright with great windows to allow the sunlight inside which I really like.

I stayed for 3 nights, but only requested houskeeping for 1 of those days since it was just me in a room & I don't make mess anyway. I was satisfied with the room when I returned for the day & didn't see the need to have them come again during the duration of my stay. I was left a $5 voucher to use at the restaurant for opting to not have houskeeping come in everyday. I did eat once at Brix and Ale for lunch. The food was ok, service ok nothing spectacular & I was a bit annoyed that I was charged full price for my meal (booked with star hot rate which is suppose to allow discounts on food) AND was over charged on a debit card from $43.00 to almost $65.00. When I talked to the hostess at the restaurant she stated it was the bank's fault not theirs & I was charged the appropriate amount as far as their records could show. So needless to say I did not return to eat there again, but that still did not change my impression of the hotel itself.

From what I could see the outdoor pool was never really crowded (a big plus), but I never went out to use it given my schedule. I really didn't have the time to explore the hotel, but I would expect it to be better than average. The construction outside is terrible, but it should not be a deal breaker as far as deciding on staying at this particular Sheraton. It is close to shopping, restaurants and the beltway and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. Many thanks to the staff at the Sheraton Premiere @ Tysons Corner for making my first trip to this area an enjoyable one:)

Room Tip: Tower room 1602 was recently renovated. It was clean & pretty spacious. Views could've been...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank FlipFlopsR4Me

Dear FlipFlopsR4Me, WOW! We truly appreicate your genuine response. We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay here at the Sheraton Premiere. Our dedicated staff is passionate about making every guest feel welcome. We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Premiere in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We prepaid for this room on Priceline, and the front desk staff could not have been nicer at check-in and any time I had questions. They put us next to the stairs so that we could get to the pool and parking lot easily--very thoughtful. However, we never got to enjoy the indoor pool because it was closed and only opened at 8 pm. It was one of the things we were looking forward to, and we never got to use it. We had to use the outside pool, which seemed dirty and dated.
We had the pleasure of having young teenaged girls room next to us with no adult supervision, and we heard every thing they did. They were still screaming at 1 am, and I tried to call the front desk but they claimed came up and could not hear anything. They did offer to move us, but it was 12:45 am and we had two small children with us--not really that easy to move them in the middle of the night. The walls are paper thin and you will hear everything your neighbors do/say.
Location is convenient to Tyson's Corner shopping and the beltway, but there is a lot of road construction close by (not the hotel's fault at all).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Alison H,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback during your stay at the Sheraton Premiere. Our team is dedicated to providing your family with a warm experience. We apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations during your nights rest. We appreciate your response and are working with our team to improve the areas in need. The Sheraton Premiere team looks forward to welcoming you, and your family, back soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip in Tyson's corner. The first thing I noticed when I got out of my car was an awful chemical smell. It most likely had to do with the construction going on for the nearby metro, but the smell turned my stomach. Not the hotel's fault of course, but it did bother me, and I wouldn't stay there again until construction finishes.

Inside, the hotel staff was extremely pleasant and attentive. The room was very nicely appointed, modern, and clean. I didn't use the gym or pool while there, so can't comment on that.

We did go down to the in-hotel restaurant, and it was also under construction. They had converted an event room into a restaurant and served a limited menu. It worked for the purposes of our dinner, but would have been nice to have more dining options within the hotel. It was a business trip so I didn't hang out at the hotel much.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are pleased to hear you had a warm stay. During our recent enhancements, we have rennovated our new restaurant - Brix and Ale, a modernized interpretation of the classic pub. We invite you to dine and enjoy time here during your next stay! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you next time!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an event that was taking place there. The hotel is very large and has an indoor and outdoor pool, which was nice. There is also a jacuzzi, but it seemed as though someone drilled holes into the stone to vent the bubbles so when you're sitting in it you constantly hear sucking noises.

We stayed in the tower and had two double beds. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean and well-maintained. What was missing that we wish we would have had - a microwave and mini-fridge.

A drawback was the amount of noise that we heard -- we heard noise from above us as well as people running up and down the halls almost near midnight. A little frustrating when you have to be up early in the morning. I don't think the rooms are well insulated. Just something to consider.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are a must!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Amy M, We appreciate your response and sharing about your stay while at the Sheraton Premiere. We are thrilled you enjoyed our pool! Our team members are dedicated to extending their very best to make each guest feel comfortable. Upon your next arrival, we would like to offer a room more suited to your needs, based on availability! Thank you for choosing Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, and we look forward to welcoming yo back soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was at the Sheraton for an Irish dance competition where 1000 dancers would be competing, meaning that with family members the Sheraton should have been expecting at least 2000 people to be on site (not all of them staying at the hotel, but would be there for the competitions during the day). It took longer than 25 minutes to get through the check-in line. Only two staff members were working the desk. Our room was actually fine when we got upstairs. We came back down for dinner in the restaurant. It was 7:00 on a Saturday night and the room was only half full. When we asked for a table for two we were told it would take a "very long time because we are so busy"; this said when half the tables were empty. We decided to stay. As predicted, everything took a very long time. The quality of the food was acceptable but the wait was not. There were only two waitresses that we could see, and they were overwhelmed. The next day the 1000 dancers and families converged on the hotel. There was one server at the coffee bar - ONE - to serve everyone. The line was out the door. This same coffee bar was also the only lunch option. After waiting at least 30 minutes in line we were served "ham sandwiches". For $5.75 we got two slices of Wonder bread, a slice of pressed "ham", a slice of american cheese, tomato and lettuce. Awful is the only word to describe it.
The other issue with the hotel did not have to do with service but with accessibility. There are no stairs between the mezzanine level and lobby level. So each of the 2000 people who wanted to go back an forth between the competition levels had to take the elevator. Nightmare. I asked several staff members where the stairs were and was repeatedly told that there weren't any. God only knows what would have happened if a fire broke out.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are close to the elevator since it is a round hotel with the elevator in the center...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
FrankKuhns, Director of Sales at Sheraton Tysons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the wait times you experienced at the front desk, Brix and Ale, and the Link Cafe. Our team members take pride in providing excellent customer service to our guests and we sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have taken steps to ensure that this does not happen in the future and exceed the expectations that you expect when staying at the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner.

We do have stairs that connect the lobby and upper lobby levels. We are deeply sorry that our team did not share this information with you in order to facilitate quick travels between floors during the dance competition.

We appreciate the feedback about your recent stay. We would love the opportunity to invite you back to the hotel to experience the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner again. If you would like to connect with us personally, I invite you to call the hotel and ask to speak with our Director of Sales and Marketing, Frank Kuhns.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Construction, construction, construction! Pool was great. Got a reasonable fare from Hotwire, but was slightly disappointed with the hotel overall. Long, long walk to room.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Tanaga, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We're disappointed to hear your experience of the construction on Leesburg Pike. The Washington Metro Silver Line construction is moving rapidly and is expected to be finished in 2013. The Metro Silver Line stop will be adjacent to the Sheraton Premiere which soon provides added convenience for our guests traveling to and from Washington Dulles Airport, Washington Reagan National Airport, downtown Washington D.C. and surrounding areas. We value you feedback and anticipate welcoming you back to the Sheraton Premiere.