“Small touches would makes it perfect” 4 of 5 stars

The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Small touches would makes it perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

When you hear the Ritz you expect luxury, service and more and this stay made me wonder where is the level of Ritz is going.
We stayed 22 days in 1 suite and one club room therefore I can give you a detailed review about this property
Location of this hotel is perfect, quite safe and convenient , withier going shopping or for business, family or solo the location is perfect and has easy access to all highways, airports and malls in the area and within 15 minutes’ drive to D.C
Parking with a fee despite the 2 huge parking lots attached to hotel and the attendants could be nice if you tip them and other wise if you do not.
Front disk agents are the nicest and friendliest and they will attend to all your requests and solve any issue and I will give them 10 out of 10 though they need to smile a little more.
Housekeeping is a serious issue, one day the room is cleaned perfectly with all amenities added and another was done horribly!! No water or amenities added so it depends on the cleaning person doing your room that and their mood.
The other room we checked and though it is on the club level had left over rotten food left in the small fridge.
Internet was told to us that it is free but it was charged on the bill and when we discussed it with front disk, they removed it.
Spa is clean beautiful and worth visiting and I loved the Yoga class between 4:30 and 5:00 BUT there is only indoor swimming pool.
One restaurant and one coffee shop (I think this hotel deserve more outlets than that!!!) ..food is average and overpriced including the room service which I believe it is highly overpriced for this quality and the limited variety of food.
Hotel lobby, halls and lefts are clean but windows in the rooms are very dirty.
I still love the Ritz and hope they can do something to improve a bit at this property

Room Tip: double check your bill at check out
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed here for one night primarily so I could visit the hotel spa. I had a wonderful time and the spa was awesome, I heartily recommend it. My room was spacious and well appointed with a very well stocked mini bar and great TV choices. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful especially in the main bar and restaurant. The breakfast cafe left a little to be desired, the waiters were slightly uppity and snobbish but that didn't have an impact on the overall positive nature of my stay. I'll definitely be visiting another Ritz-Carlton sometime in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed at The Ritz for 3 nights as we were attending a family wedding which also took place in the hotel itself. We had booked a good number of rooms at the hotel. The check in process was quite smooth and efficient. One of our rooms had a faulty safe but the staff once again was prompt in changing the room. The rooms were decent sized and so was the bathroom. The stay was quite comfortable.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel in case someone wants to visit DC as it is a good drive into DC. That said, the Silver Line Metro station is closeby and gets you into DC in about 45 minutes. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle ride upto a 3 mile radius.

The hotel is connected to Tysons Galleria - an upmarket mall and across the road is Tysons Centre which is a regular mall. Both places have good shopping and places to eat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank US75
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I should start my review by saying the only Ritz-Carlton I had previously stayed at was their resort in Amelia Island, Florida. That stay was incredible (although it was a very long time ago), so that was my frame of reference on Ritz-Carlton style and service.

I was very optimistic ahead of our business trip for an annual conference to Tyson's Corner in June, especially since I enjoyed the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island so much. This hotel was extremely disappointing, and while I debated between giving this an average or poor score, I chose to go with poor for the following reasons:

-ODOR AND TEMPERATURE-
When we stayed in June, the hotel was oddly warm, as though the central air system could have been malfunctioning. The conference areas and elevators especially were stifling, and things became humid and damp with all of the attendees, which was frankly disgusting. Probably related to the central air problems, there was a very musty odor present, again particularly in the conference area. When we asked several staff members about what was going on with the temperature and the odor, they apologized but did not say anyone was working on anything and could not explain the cause. Neither issue improved by time we departed.

-SERVICE-
As in the above example, service was spotty on the whole. Front desk staff was nice and efficient, and assisted my colleague well when she had noise issues in the early morning hours from unattended children in a room. But those on the conference floors were unable to assist or answer questions about the odor/temperature issues. The hotel had just opened a new restaurant, America Eats, and while we found the food to be pretty good on the whole, the service was uneven: orders of bread forgotten, needing to make rounds to reconfirm the entire party's order 5 minutes after taking the order, slow speed to getting food to tables. It seemed that the staff was not fully prepared or trained on pretty standard aspects of restaurant hospitality.

Rooms were nice, although the bathroom felt a bit cramped (I love a big hotel bathroom) and I would have loved slightly hotter water.

All in all, I removed a point each for the odor and temperature issues that were never resolved during our stay, and a second point for the very uneven service. More recent reviews don't mention odor or temperature issues, although almost none were business trip reviews so I don't know if they were in the conference areas. I would not stay here again, and recommended to the conference organizers that they look for a new location next year, and if still in Tyson's Corner, then a new venue.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Was there for 4 days for a family wedding... cannot fault the hotel for anything. It lives up to the Ritz brand. Obviously, not one we would choose if we were visiting DC but since we were part of a wedding group we were agnostic to location.

Rooms are good, room service is excellent, food is tasty, staff is friendly.

Very close to 2 shopping malls - high end and regular - if that is what you want.

Room Tip: Higher floor w/ views over DC
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Came up here for a quick one evening getaway. From the moment of pulling up to the very end, everything was perfect.

Twenty four hours prior to my arrival, I checked in through the Ritz-Carlton app. Easy and seamless. When I arrived, Abi took my bags and had a glass of champagne waiting for me at the front desk. Bubbly always helps ease into a weekend. Despite a huge wedding that was checking in at the same time, there was no wait and my room was available immediately. Thanks Chris!

When I arrived to my room on the Club Level, the hotel had welcomed
me back with a note and a couple of bottles of my favourite sparkling mineral water.

The Club Lounge was exceptional this weekend. After staying at this hotel several times, the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Club Lounge genuinely become your friends. Shima, Wanda and Karla are always more than accommodating, catering and anticipating to your every need.

I'm looking forward to my return in a couple of weeks, for a longer weekend spa getaway.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
West Point, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The beds are fantastic and the rest of the facility is very nicely done. Good people that are for the most part unfailingly polite and helpful. My only criticism is the continuing effort to sell you up to the next higher fee service or product. Ignore this since it won't go away and enjoy the beds. Nice bar with good variety of interesting snacks. Overall, it is a place I will revisit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#6 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 471 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!