“Not up to Marriott Standards”

Residence Inn Tysons Corner
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Syracuse, NY
“Not up to Marriott Standards”
Reviewed April 18, 2005

I stayed at this Residence Inn for 5 nights, travelled there for business. Worst Marriott I've ever stayed in. The clerk at the front desk was chatting when I came in at 9 pm or so to check in and would not stop for about 10 minutes to check me in. Finally I walked right up to him and had to interupt (politely of course!). He seemed less than thrilled to input my Marriott Rewards number. The only plus-The room was large with nice kitchen eqiupment and a good sized desk. The bed was horrible, very stiff and cheap. When hanging clothes, some of the hangars were so old and britlle they snapped and I had to toss them. The glass they left by the bathroom sink had black hair in it (luckily, there was a dishwasher in the room ;) everything then went through it first).The free wireless internet access did not work, the TV programming did not match up with the TV guide and they gave no list (ok, not a huge deal). Loud slamming of doors or dropping of things on floor late at night, every night, from upstairs. Very small parking lot, forced to park in underground garage a few times with teenagers hanging around in the parking lot listening to loud music with their doors open. Didn't feel safe after that. The included breakfast buffet was good the first day (fresh strawberries and a griddle so you could make your own waffles) but then had an old melon/fruit cocktail thing the rest of the week and I think the eggs were powdered. I looked at dinner 2 nights and decided school food had looked cleaner. I always stay at Marriott's & I won't go back there.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank Bbbebe
oats2929, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 20, 2008
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at the hotel. We do all we can to satisfy our guests and I apologize for not being able to live up to the Marriott standards that you come to expect. We have upgraded our internet so there is now better connectivity then there was before and we ensure that we offer fresh items on our breakfast bar. I hope that should you choose to come back in the area, you give us another chance. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2004

We stayed here for a week while job interviewing in northern Virginia. Big place and lots of space, decent free breakfast and hospitality evenings, but our bed was like a board and both my husbnad and myself had sore shoulders from this. Also I was supposed to have a king bed but was given a double instead. This hotel is passable but kind of worn out also with stains in the carpets and chipped furniture. Needs renovation. For a better sleep, stay at the Shertaon Premier next door for a cosy bed.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2004

Good service and a great value. Larger rooms were big compared to typical hotel rooms, very home like. Suppers on Tuesday and Wednesday were delicious and helped me save money overall on my trip.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Holyoke, MA
Reviewed June 16, 2004

Friendly service agents and huge breakfast make this place a steal. Beautiful courtyard with outdoor pool and even barbecue!! Jim was especially helpful. Definitely the best place to stay if your in Tysons Corner!

5 Thank DrKennethNoisewater