“90th Birthday Party” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Melrose, MA
“90th Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Needed a hotel to attend my uncle's 90th birthday party in Falls Church. Chose this hotel because of the rate. My husband and I had an early am flight and got to the hotel early (1030am). The woman at the desk was wonderful. We didn't have to wait for a room. Once we checked out the room, I was very pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room. It had a full kitchen including an oven. Good sitting area with pull out sofa and nice bedroom area and bathroom. Also it had a fireplace! Not something you would use in August in Virginia but was still nice. Full breakfast is included and there was quite a choice including made to order waffles. The pool area was good sized and very nice. There was also a firepit and cushioned seating area outside the pool area. An oversized grill you could use and tables and chairs outside to sit if you liked. They also have an onsite small fitness center and laundry.

The staff was great, especially the man who cleaned up the breakfast area on the weekends. If you had a large family it would be perfect and you could cook so as not to have the expense of eating out everyday.

They do have some construction going on up the street and it is in an area that is all corporate buildings and a college but very quiet at night. They are adding alot of restaurants and a Walmart right next store and the Metro orange line is opening up in the fall so it is very convenient to public transportation. Tysons Corner Mall about 5 minutes away driving and the closest Metro is 3.5 miles, West Falls Church (until the one up the street opens up).

My brother stayed here as well and also was very pleased. He got in early the next day and they found him a room early, too.

I would highly reccomend this property and would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Purplelvrl
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and a big happy 90th birthday to your uncle.
I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Shaune Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Customer service was great. When making the reservation Ahbleza sold me on the hotel, he answered All of my questions and I had a bunch!. Check in was smooth, and easy Ahbleza had requested a room close to the Lobby Area, but the room was not ready ( we got there early) But we took a room in Bldg 12. The room ( 2 bedroom suite) was clean, and neat. Appliances were very clean. Parking right in front of Bldg 12 and it was a short walk to the lobby through the courtyard. area. The pool and jacuzzi were open and clean , and we enjoyed our time there. Breakfast was standard hotel buffet, no complaints, Basketballs were available for use at the front desk. Shaune checked us in, and was also available to answer any questions we had... turns out he is the General manager of the hotel. I did not notice much construction noise, and traffic is not THAT bad! Overall This hotel is nice and i would stay again. Flat screen tv's in each room. The one thing I would have liked to see was a security booth of some sort, since the location is at the end of a cul de sac, HOWEVER, we had no problems, but when Walmart and the Metro opens, they may want to explore the security option. NIce place, Close to DC and Chantilly with a mall up the road.

• 4 of 5 stars
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I'm thrilled that Ahbleza and I were able to meet and exceed your expectations. It really means a lot to us at the hotel when guests' remember our names as it means we made an impact in your stay. We certainly look forward to having you return in the future.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed with 3 kids for two nights, and if Priceline hadn't screwed up our reservation "extension" and sent us to another location we'd have happily stayed 2 more. HUGE room with a queen bed, pull-out sofa and sectional couch. Fully furnished kitchen with dishwasher, disposal, full-size refrigerator, plates, silverware and even wine glasses. Plenty of room for all of us with no problem. Rooms are set in groups of 4 around the central outdoor pool area, which is very nice for relaxing in the evenings. The only problem we had was with the maids being rather persistent about getting in to clean in the mornings (they opened our door a little after 8am both days and returned twice afterwards before we went out). But they do keep the place spotless, so I can't complain. As other reviewers have noted, staying here is more like getting an apartment than a hotel room. If you're traveling with kids or a group, it can't be beat. Only a short Metro or car ride from downtown DC, too.

Room Tip: You have to lug your luggage up stairs to the 2nd-floor rooms, but then you don't have people wa...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review.
Our unique style does give you the largest rooms in Tysons corner, as well as the most modern, and recently renovated rooms. I'm certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you return in the future.

Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Outstanding accomodation, staff, location and breakfast. We stayed for four days beginning July 25 for my wife's daughters wedding. Steve did a great job arranging the rooms for all the out of town guests. No one had a complaint. Pool was super clean and the grounds were immaculate. Since the bride and groom live in the area I know we will be staying at the hotel again.

Buffet breakfast was served every day and buffet dinner is available Monday through Wednesday.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review!
I'm glad Steve, our Director of Sales was helpful to you and your wedding party. We certainly look forward to having you stay in the near future.

Vienna, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 3 kids (8, 6 and 4) for one night in July 2013. Was given a room with queen bed in a loft and a pull-out sofa. Upon arrival the temperature in the suite was 79 degrees and it took about 2 hours to bring the temperature down to something more reasonable. Thank goodness for the fan over the queen bed!

The only ice in the freezer was in a fairly dirty tray that I wasn't about to use. The sofa bed might have been one of the worst mattresses I've used, and I had to fight with it to get it to open. Fortunately my children slept on the sofa bed for most of the night, though I did sleep there for a few hours.

The suite had 2 full bathrooms, which were fine, though the fixtures could use some updating. The room contained two flat screen TVs, one upstairs in the loft and one in the "dining" room. The dining area was spacious and could accommodate up to six people.

The stairs up to the loft were creaky and the entire facility had a worn-out appearance. The property almost looks as if it was a multi-family residence at one point, and converted to a hotel at some time in its life. Access to the units was all from the exterior, and half of the units required utilizing stairs for access. Some of the units were also a bit of a walk from the parking lot, so hauling luggage and other items into the room when the outside temperature is 90+ degrees isn't much fun. Hence my complaint about the high temperature of the room when we finally got inside.

I did not sample the breakfast, but I understood from my children and wife that the offerings were standard Residence Inn fare, so the property gets good marks on that front.

The sofa bed was a big disappointment, and we had to call down to the front desk to get pillows for it (sheets and a blanket were bundled in one of the closets). Overall, I found the quality to be on the average side. I was glad that we were only staying for one night.

• 3 of 5 stars
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 22, 2013

I am terribly sorry that you felt our hotel was average. We certainly strive for delivering above average service to all of our guests. This property is older, however we recently underwent a renovation to all of our guest rooms. We have always been a hotel but our style is unique to this day and age. We do offer the largest guest room suites in the area and I certainly hope you give us a try again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Weekend prices are very good. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are quite large and very nice, but a little dark due to surrounding woods/buildings and not a great deal of lighting (but enough). Very quiet. Landscaping is unusually good for a business hotel. Good pool. Hot breakfast is above average. Good WIFI.

The buildings are showing their age on the outside. No elevators to the second floor. Hard to find the hotel hidden away down Tyco Road.

The hotel caters to tour groups - mostly South Asian during a recent stay. The only downside is that they tend to eat at the same time, so breakfast can be crowded.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you don't want to carry suitcases up the stairs to the second floor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skipper090
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. While we may have had a group in the hotel, we cater to groups, leisure and business travelers as well as those staying in the area for extended stay. Many guests like our location as it is away from the busy roads in Tysons Corner and with a metro soon to be opened at the end of our street, we certainly have prime location. We certainly are looking forward to you staying with us again soon.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in June 2013 while on a business trip. The room was clean, well appointed and ready for me despite my arriving before the advertised check-in time. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was tasty, and the hors d oeuvres/dinner was nice also. The rate was more than competitive with hotels nearby, and I got more for my money. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill R
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are certainly an excellent value in the Tysons Corner area as we have the largest suites, complimentary breakfast and free wireless internet. We are also the most modern property as we underwent a renovation almost a year ago. We look forward to having you stay with us again.