“A good place to stop after a long trip.”

Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel is first class. Rooms are clean and modern. Spotless bathrooms. excellent value. The option of quiet room is not worth the extra. restaurant is good do not expect fine cuisine. We had to return a meal as the lamb chop we got was only fat and cold. But on overall we will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for the review. I am proud to be a part of the Hilton McLean as hearing guest comments and feedback such as yours is such a joy. Our staff is experienced in delivering a first class experience to our guests and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

First off, you won’t get much better service at a hotel anywhere in the Washington DC area. The contemporary rooms are comfortable, especially the incredible beds and linens, and the flat screen HD TVs with full controls are terrific if you’re staying in. I might easily have given the hotel a five rating except for a couple of issues. Let me start by saying that the service was for the most part excellent. But there were some glitches that shouldn’t have happened. For instance, the web site says, “Upgrade to an Executive Room for complimentary continental breakfast and evening appetizers.” I did, only to find out the Executive Lounge is closed. If you ask, they will give you breakfast coupons and evening snack coupons, but the desk clerk was confused on check-in and I didn’t get the coupons until the day before I left. To their credit, a manager fairly adjusted my rate for the first night, but I’d have preferred the amenities from day 1. Disclosure: I’m a Hilton Honors Gold level member. But you wouldn’t have known it during this stay – I requested extra bath towels but had to ask for them each day, and I was not not offered the complimentary room upgrade or any explanation as to why not (e.g., full). When I asked, I was told I had been upgraded but the room assigned was what I paid for. Still, I don’t mean for these things to overshadow what was otherwise a great hotel. I’ll definitely consider staying here the next time I’m in the area.

Room Tip: Don't book the executive rooms until the lounge re-opens. Rooms near the atrium are very noisy...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Pretty standard Hilton property. Modern decor and clean. Liked the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries. Only complaint is the noise. I was in room 362 which faces the lobby/bar area, and it was so noisy at nighttime. Not ideal for a business traveler, which I was. Had I stayed more than one night, I would've asked to be moved to a room that didn't face the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lobby/bar courtyard are noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your unbiased feedback. I really appreciate guest comments in regards to how we can improve our service to our guests. I am so sorry about the noise that was brought into your room. I can understand how this would be frustrating. I will look into this personally on how we can make a more concious effort to ensure that the noise levels are kept at a low volume for our guests in their sleeping rooms. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The facility is great and the price is really affordable, but if you stayed with any convention/meeting etc unfortunately, you can't sleep since the bar of this hotel is located on the center of the building and there's a well above that bar. All the noises are come to all the rooms thru the door until midnight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kojiro S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Spacious, clean and modern room; nice lobby with great bar and big screen television monitors; close to Tysons Corner for shopping; and lots of free parking. Location is more convenient if you have a car. Easy access to Dulles International Airport. Stayed there two nights in October and would stay there again. Too bad that the Federal government shutdown meant that the national monuments and parks in the area were closed.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

A very well maintained and ran business style hotel that is tastefully decorated and clean. I found my room to be everything they said it would be. I upgraded my stay to enjoy a corner window room. The room was spacious, clean, and came equipped with two very heavy cloth bath robes and at least a 42" flat screen television. The room was most comfortable, quiet and had ample sitting and reading lights.

I appreciated the friendly service at the front desk and the courtesy call from the management staff shortly after my check in. I enjoyed a most delicious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast bar was well stocked, organized and maintained by the service personnel. The bar included fresh fruit, cereals and a hot bar with various selections that most people would find very pleasing. You'll spend $16 for the continental cold breakfast and $23 if you want to include the hot bar. One can easily fill up with just the cold bar and leave feeling full with healthy goods in the belly.

While I found all the staff to be most helpful and polite, I was particularly impressed with the room service maids that I encountered when coming and going from my room hallway. I was greeted with the most pleasant and genuine greeting of "Good Morning!" They even went so far to wish be well at the start of my day. Both encounters were spontaneous and very unexpected; however, I was totally impressed and delighted by my encounter with these service personnel of the hotel. The truly helped to make me feel extra good about my stay. I only wish I had gotten their names in order to have had the opportunity to praise them more formally to upper management.

This is obviously a very expensive area of the city to stay/eat and play and a very top notch hotel, but I highly recommend it to anyone. I was able to book my room at a very reasonable rate and used some of my Hilton points to upgrade my room. The hotel is located close to upscale shopping and endless restaurants to choose from. Parking is convenient and free behind the hotel. This is a great business hotel, but it is also a great hotel for business type travelers who just want to enjoy a nice get-away weekend trip to DC.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel off and on since its first year in operation. My past two stays were within six weeks of one another and both proved to be excellent experiences. The rooms were very comfy, immaculately clean, and the renovations to the rooms/baths during the past year are a total success. The word "elegant" comes to mind and best describes the renovated bathrooms; walk-in showers, marble tiling, four-nozzle shower heads, back-lighting of mirror, and right-sizing make the room a real treat. One complaint!!!...stop charging for WiFi in the rooms; with the rates being charged, Wifi Internet ought to be included, especially for guests staying less than, say, 3-4 nights! Why not be a leader instead of a follower in the highly competitive Tysons Corner market?

Room Tip: Higher floors are nominally more quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner
2 mi away
Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!