“Beautifully Renovated”

Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautifully renovated Hilton. The location was perfect for a stay in the Washington D.C. area as we were there for a wedding, but we were also able to conduct some business and even sightsee a bit. The restaurant provided a very nicely appointed continental breakfast with the option of having hot breakfast items as well. The lobby was perfect for relaxing and meeting friends and had a great vibe. Our room on the executive level was very comfortable and we loved all the modern furnishings.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here as it was half way to my husband's job site and DC. The hotel has a beautiful modern design and was very clean. Staff was super friendly and helpful and there is both a bus and a train station near by if you don't want to fight for parking in DC itself. Parking is free at the hotel which is fantastic as last time I stayed in the DC area, my hotel parking was $45 a day!Rooms were clean, comfortable, and nicely designed. Refrigerator was super cold which was a good thing for us since my son has a lot of food allergies and we have to bring safe items for him. The gym was clean, had a great variety of equipment and all were in like new condition. The heated pool was relaxing and clean and the kids had a great time swimming there to unwind from the day's adventures. Room service was quick and delicious. Would have liked to see more options on the menu, but there is the restaurant down stairs if you want more choices. Internet was fast and reliable and the business center was nice and quiet to get some work done. I highly recommend this hotel for business and pleasure and we saved a ton by staying at this Hilton vs. the one by the Smithsonian.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review! I especially enjoyed your comments about our gym and all weather pool. It is great to hear some feedback on these two amenities as they were both renovated in our recent transformation with brand new Precor equipment. Thank you for the suggestion on the room service menu, I will look into this myself. I appreciate all of your great feedback and I look forward to seeing you in the hotel again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hilton McLean/Tyson's Corner is now our best tip when people ask about visiting Washington DC. The hotel is gorgeous - high design concept, beautiful restaurant, pool and lobby, uber clean guest rooms. We got a great rate and stayed an extra day - beds were so comfortable, too. It is a 5 min. drive to the West Falls Church Metro (orange line, plenty of parking) and an easy ride (15-20 mins) into the city without dealing with traffic and expensive parking. A fabulous place to stay for business or pleasure!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your generous compliments and I hope that we see you again in the hotel soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was impressed with the service and amenities offered as well as the cleanliness of the space. The front desk staff was very helpful and even signed me up for the HH Honor Rewards program as well as gave me information about some of the nearby attractions and events. The bed was clean and quite comfortable. The room was very quiet and I could not hear other guests.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review, and thank you for joining our HHonors program! I'm thrilled that our staff were able to help you and that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Even though we encountered a problem at check-in, the staff resolved the problem effectively and in a professional manner. The rooms are very clean. I will definitely stay here in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you. I am so happy to hear that the staff handled the challenge you experienced effectively. We appreciate guests comments as it helps us to know where we can improve and where we are being successful. Thank you and I am looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Way beyond expectations. The staff are particularly caring and courteous. Romms provide everything you need. excellent gym and a superb hamburger is served. Enjoy the outdoor seating in the evening or early morning breakfast. A definite repeat in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the harth burger! That is my absolute favorite item on the menu. I have to add, the Chef has a beef brisket sandwich on the lunch menu right now that is out of this world. I suggest you try it on your next visit!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The front desk staff was very helpful and the hotel was in a great location for us. Our room price was good for the location. We found the rooms at this Hilton comfortable and well set up. Beds were great for sleeping and we were pleased for the most part with our room. Plus the parking lot area was nice and easy to use plus free as well - a real bonus.
BUT.... we stayed for two nights and the same bathroom cleanliness issue existed both nights in the tub / shower area. My concern is how could the bathroom be considered truly clean if a Breathe Right nasal strip was stuck to the wall of the shower (prior to us checking in the room for no telling how long) and remained stuck there our entire stay? We found it to be off-putting to say the least.
We would stay here again, and hope that we do in the future, because it was a positive hotel experience for us for the most part. It is only the the negative portion was so very glaring that it sticks out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your experience with Hilton McLean. I take all guest comments very seriously and follow up personally. I apologize for the cleanliness challenges that were experienced in the restroom area of your guest room. It seems that we had fallen short on the standards that we strive to achieve for every guest stay and I will be following up with this myself. I am so glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope that we have an opportunity to make up for this challenge on your next stay with us.