“Excellent Value”

Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here due to its proximity to Wolftrap Center for the Performing Arts. The staff were friendly, the hotel modern and clean, and our room was comfortable, and clean. We were told that our room had been remodeled recently and it showed. We paid about $85 for the room which I consider a bargain. I travel a lot and know a good hotel when I see one. This is one I would return to if the need arises again. It's close to Wolftrap and the Tyson Corner Mall, and not too far from Dulles either. We tried the restaurant onsite,"Harth" for breakfast, and it was very good.

Room Tip: Get a room that is on the oppisite side of the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear kjtripper,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are very happy to be the official hotel for Wolf Trap! I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I travel often for work to this hotel. 1st it's spotless. I don't think I ever saw anything dirty in that whole building. The lobby bar is always lively during happy hour and winds downs for a low key meal afterwards. If I'm alone I enjoy the friendly community tables for an "email catch up dinner". My bed is always so clean and comfortable. A lot of friendly staffers with smiles and offers to help. A few times jasmine checked me in and she is always professional, efficient and friendly which is always nice after hectic flights and travel. Thank you jasmine! If you have time and the weather permits try their outdoor dinning. The menu always changes so you never get bored with the same old stuff when you frequent this hotel. Food is always delicious and fresh.
Would definetly recommend it and be back.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear TheMangoMan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am especially happy to hear that our check-in staff continue to do a great job. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stay at this Hilton every year for the past 5 years and have watched the extensive renovation unfold. This now-smartly furnished, open lobby is both beautiful and functional. Speaking of 'welcoming,' staff member Dulani at the Reception Desk makes us feel welcomed and special every year when we return.

The rooms are now modern and very nicely furnished. However, I echo another reviewer's suggestion that the bathrooms really need a shaving/make up mirror as the wall-hung mirrior behind the sink is too far away to see well. and while the back-lit mirror is beautiful, it just doesn't quite do the job. The elevators are efficient and quick -- no long waits even when the hotel is fully booked as it was when we were there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Like that commercial Hilton should tag this hotel ' Not your parent's Hilton' or mine to boot. We dined at the restaurant harth over the last year and stayed at the hotel vs. bucking the traffic at night. Rooms are outstanding as is the staff. Highly recommended !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait until Metro comes to this hotel and roads are done and it would be a destination hotel vs. a convenient place to stay in Tysons.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here recently for three nights at the recommendation of coworkers for a business trip. I am a Hilton Honors member but haven't been in a Hilton property in awhile so my status has slipped. My coworkers, both platinum level I believe, got coupons for appetizers, breakfast, etc. and needless to say, I did not. I'm not saying I should have but just be aware that if you are paying for these items, they are expensive (an example was a $22.00 breakfast buffet). The lobby bar area is nice but tended to get crowded as the evening wore on and $10 to $13 glasses of wine could get expensive.

As for the hotel, it was very convenient by car to Tysons Corner and to area corporate offices. If you timed it right, there was apparently a nearby bus service to the West Falls Church Metro station but I didn't try this.

The hotel is modern and comfortable. I paid $5 extra a night to be upgraded to an executive room on the top floor but I'm not sure this was really a benefit after seeing my coworker's room.
The room amenities were nice, bed was comfortable, TV was fine, the different lighting settings for low reading, high reading, overall room lighting were nice, and the shower was unique - I did appreciate the different spout options on the shower head. One negative - no refrigerator, at least in the room I was "upgraded" to.

I did use the pool area one afternoon (doesn't open until 5 PM) and found this heated indoor pool to be great for exercise or relaxing. The adjacent fitness room was fine for a hotel of this caliber.

If you are a higher level Hilton rewards member and can get some vouchers for breakfast, etc., I would say definitely stay at this hotel. This is a very nice Hilton and you can't go wrong with staying here except as relates to the rewards member issues. However, there is stiff competition from nearby hotels so personally, when I head back to this area, I will most likely stay at a competitor chain just to remain within another loyalty program (where I am a higher level) and get a few more perks.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask for some vouchers to the bar and the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear atcken,

First, I would like to thank you very much for your feedback. This is a great way for us to follow up on our guests experiences at the Hilton McLean. All of our guest rooms are equiped with a mini refridgerator, located in the cabinet adjacent to the restroom area. If your room did not have one, I apologize, as there should be one in each room. Again, thank you for your feeback and we hope to see you back at the Hilton McLean again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I can't imagine the pressure this staff is under... this hotel is literally walking distance to Hilton's new (2009) world headquarters.

I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again. The staff was efficient at every touch point, check-in, room service, check-out. Greeting from the staff I encountered in the halls. The room was spacious, clean, and that modern decor that wasn't "neo-modern." Loved the shower. The lobby wasn't as happening as say the W in Chicago, but well utilized. They had a spacious business center. I am not much one to eat alone in a restaurant, so I didn't try that, but the room service came quickly and was tasty.

This is really close to the Tysons Galleria mall. I hear it is an awesome mall, but really didn't have anything for me to cause me to walk over to it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front of the building, away from the elevators, on the fourth floor... and that seem...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom F
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Tom F,
I am so glad to hear you had a pleasant stay! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. For your next visit, did you know we have a complementary shuttle that goes anywhere in a three mile radius? Great for visiting the mall! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton McLean.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stay here often for work. Renovation long overdue and nice but seems like a man's hotel. The toilet is very low and they removed the tub (glass shower door leaks water all over floor), and the sink height is tall like a shaving sink. Oddest of all is the new tv that dims at night. It's annoying and the front desk advised its better for night vision. Restaurant service is inattentive at breakfast when you are in a hurry to get to work. Gym and bar (not co located) are great. Good location and plenty of parking. Nice place to sit out at night by fire after work.

Room Tip: Elevator dings into open area if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Barbara D,
Thank you for the feedback, and I am so sorry to hear about your shower door leaking and breakfast experience. I will be sure to follow up on these challenges. We are also glad to hear you have gotten a chance to enjoy our outdoor patio, and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.