“Perfect for shopping”

Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 1 night only on my way to Downdown DC to be close to the shopping malls and it was perfect. The hotel shuttle can take you to Walmart, Tysons Corner shopping centre and Galleria. We arrived very early and could check in for $50 which I paid with a smile. The room rate is very reasonable and to have a shower after the long flight from South Africa was worth the extra dollars! Free wifi in the hotel very convenient. The room is a good size compared to hotels in Europe and super comfortable bed.Front desk personnel very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located in the Tysons Corner area. Breakfast is notch up from other similar hotels. Parking is paid but the cost is really almost nothing. You can easily walk into a couple of malls from this hotel and you will have countless dining options.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the other side of the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after our apartment was packed up for our move out of the region. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious, and we had no problems whatsoever. We chose this location simply because parking was free and the room rate was affordable. As someone who has lived in downtown DC and in Arlington on the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, I would never, ever recommend Tyson's Corner as a place to stay. If, however, you want to be in this location then the hotel is a great deal!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

At the end of a recent visit to this hotel, I discovered that five fraudulent charges had been made against my room from the hotel lobby's Market. While trying to explain the situation to the front desk clerk, he was first accusatory, insisting I had made the charges and simply "forgot" and then exceedingly rude to me, repeatedly asking, "Well what do you want me to do about it?". I never once received an apology from him on behalf of the hotel, and I would certainly expect more from anyone working in the hospitality industry. I was so appalled by the way I was treated that I will never stay at a Marriott hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane M
CourtyardTysons, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Jane M,

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and I apologize on behalf of the front office staff as well as our hotel that we were unable to exceed your guest needs. I am glad we were able to further discuss this instance over the phone and reverse the charges you made us aware of. I do hope you will reach out to me directly in the future for your next stay with us so I can show you we can exceed your expectations!

Rylan Mahoney
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here over week of the 4th of July. Great location, great service!!! I took the shuttle to the mall and it went without incident. Room was spacious and clean. Though they didn't have much restaurant service, i was able to walk right next door where they had a great bar with to go or dine in service.

I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Request high room on backside for view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardTysons, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Misty H,

It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel over the 4th of July week. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our hotels terrific location and shuttle service to and from the mall. It is also nice to note you enjoyed the cleanliness and spacious room we were able to offer you; I will most certainly share this with my housekeeping team. Lastly, although our Starbucks Bistro and Flemings are located inside the hotel, I'm glad you were able to find a more suitable restaurant that catered better to your needs.

We look forward to serving you again and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Rylan Mahoney
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a really decent hotel. I mean no backhanded compliment. When I arrived, the checkin desk was great - lots of good information and super efficient - but when I got to the room it was quite tired, and had a musty smell. I was staying on business for about 10 days, so I thought I wouldn't be able to stand the smell that long. However, either I got used to it or it dissipated. After that first time, I didn't smell it again.

I also got used to the room and began to quite like it. Good, comfortable beds, excellent sound proofing, and good breakfast. Breakfast room staff are lovely too. The food is good but not extensive. That said, one doesn't need more than some eggs, bacon and bagels, and it certainly provides that, and a little more.

It's well located for the two Tysons shopping malls, and for all the businesses in Tysons Corner. Most are within a 20 minute stroll of the hotel, but no-one seems to walk. Hotel shuttles are constantly available during the day. Getting into Washington DC is a little tricky but will soon improve dramatically with the three Tysons Corner stations opening, and linking directly to downtown DC.

Overall, I recommend this hotel mostly for the great staff, and excellent service levels. Be aware that the rooms are tired. But it's also the best deal in Tysons Corner, so one mustn't complain!

Room Tip: Ends of the corridors
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a weekend get away and found the Courtyard to have an attractive rate. The property is buried on an ugly Tyson's corner which is good if doing business and bad if ambiance matters.

The room is clean and new though a little on the small side.

• Stayed: August 2013
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear clherrick, Thank you for staying with us during your time in Tysons Corner. The hotel’s location is the best in Tysons as we are conveniently located to the corporate offices and we also provide the best location for those traveling for pleasure. We are across the street from 2 shopping malls here in Tysons which include multiple dining options. We will be directly across from one of the metro stops soon to open in Tysons that can take you right into Washington, DC to do sightseeing. We are disappointed that the ambiance of Tysons was not appealing to you. We welcome you back to recommend options that we know you would enjoy here in Tysons. We also offer complimentary shuttle to many of the shopping areas and restaurants. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sincerely, Heather Hull