“"Enjoyed Fireworks Display At This Hotel!!!"” 5 of 5 stars

Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“"Enjoyed Fireworks Display At This Hotel!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

For six years, I have traveled to this particular Hotel location to celebrate the "4th of July" and view the Falls Church,VA+Washington,DC fireworks display from the comfort of our hotel balcony/patio. We SAVE MONEY on commuting/parking within and surrounding the Washington,DC areas(ESPECIALLY during the "4th of July" festivities)!!! We usually choose the Breakfast Rate Plan when we make our Hotel Reservations at this property(as another means of SAVING MONEY). The Breakfast selection is VERY satisfying in my opinion(You have choices of various pastries,fruits,beverages,hot buffet options and cook to order egg omelets) with attractive seating areas that offer scenic views!!! The Hotel Rooms Decor were updated a couple of years ago and the beds are VERY comfortable! The "Front Desk" are ALWAYS friendly and accomadating to Hotel Guests as you check in! This Hotel does offer a complimentary Hotel Shuttle Service within a 2 mile radius (which is a PLUS because the Hotel Shuttle Service helps you as the Hotel Guest SAVE MONEY instead of you commuting and paying for parking with your car...Most Hotel Guests including myself REALLY APPRECIATE the Hotel Shuttle Service to be transported to "Tysons Corner I","Tysons Galleria II", local Metro subway station, restaurants and the grocery store).Tip: When checking in at "Front Desk" on July 4th-request a Hotel Room with a balcony/patio facing the Falls Church,VA+Washington,DC fireworks display.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MelonieTurner
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hello Ms. Turner,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with other travelers looking for the best option to celebrate Independence Day without having to deal with the traffic and crowds. We appreciate you coming back every year to spend this holiday with us. We are pleased we can assist in making your vacation time so enjoyable. The Washington, DC fireworks are such a wonderful experience and we are so happy to be able to serve you while here in the DC area. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Heather Hull

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Albany, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott on other occasions and enjoy the proximity to Tyson's galleria and Tyson's center. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. One of the best features is an underground parking lot with direct access to the hotel.

Room Tip: Select a higher room with a view of the Galleria.
Green Features: Option to keep towels and sheets vfor more than one day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Priscilla F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are locals in the DC area, but we were looking for a 1 night romantic get away from our kids, work, in-laws etc. and we found that the Tyson Corner area was far away enough, but not too far away in case our kids encountered an emergency.
The Courtyard has romance packages with the whirlpool in room and the breakfast or dinner included with champagne, but we decided to book through Priceline and Tripadvisor and I'm so glad we did! Although we didn't get the romantic package, we booked the king with whirlpool room for a really great rate.
When we checked in that evening, we requested a late check out for the next day, and the staff were super friendly and congratulated us on our 10 year anniversary.
I just went ahead and brought the ambiance to make it romantic: Sake bath for the jacuzzi, candles, etc. They put us up on the top flor and it was so private, and the view from our room (even though it was Tyson's corner) it just was so pretty.
The next morning, it was just so nice to sleep in and wake up with my honey, and then go downstairs and have a Starbucks coffee.- and then just to go back upstairs and take advantage of the private hot tub. Wow!
I know this review does not make too much sense, but its because I'm so relaxed from my anniversary date with my hubby at this awesome hotel that my brain is mush.
All I can say is that this hotel is amazing! Thank you Tyson's courtyard staff for making my 10 year anniversary just absolute bliss!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank arzatefam5
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very good rating because there is nothing negative to say about this hotel. It is a 13 in a dozen business hotel, owned and managed by a respected brand. Practical, clean, professional and friendly staff, good breakfast. What do you want more when on business travel? Located on walking distance from 2 huge shopping malls (well ... huge... for European standards this is huge). Plenty of nice restaurants in the mall, and shop till you drop if you have some spare time after your customer visits. Recommended for Europeans on business travel who have little spare time, but want a 1 stop location to fill upp their luggage with clothes and electronics which are much cheaper than in Europe. Wireless and wired internet in the room, parking and breakfast included in the corporate package (may depend on the arrangements your employer took with them)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cocoyoc
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It has the necessary facilities for business travelers who have meetings in and around Tysons Corner. Everything about it was sufficient, satisfactory and efficient. A bit expensive, but then, everything is expensive in Tysons Corner…

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Earth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel, close to where I was conducting business. No problems and the staff were friendly and professional. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Not much around to do within safe, walkable distance due to contruction in the area - expect to drive to other locations to eat and be entertained, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first stay in Virginia, and thanks to Courtyard Tysons Corner it wont be my last. After driving in from NYC it was very nice to pull in FREE indoor or outdoor parking. Walk in to be greeted by very friendly staff and to be asked if I wanted a lower or higher floor (of course I took 11flr,the highest..lol). I checked in to a very clean room with a view over looking an entire shopping plaza across the main intersection, seeing all of my availabilities. Then I went straight to the second floor to the small but very comfortable Starbucks cafe. (Nothing like a good cup of joe!!) My first morning to choose from a Breakfast Buffet at hotel dinning room or a made to order breakfast from Starbucks Cafe. After a few mornings I had done both, which are satisfying. The Staff very accommodating making my four day stay a Courtyard Dream. I now have extended family here in Virginia, and I will be back at Courtyard Tysons Corner.

Room Tip: Higher floors--Better views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
#7 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 528 reviews

Been to Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!