Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
$271
$259
  • Pool
Tysons Corner Marriott(Tysons Corner)
$249
$192
$166
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner(Tysons Corner)(Great Value!)
$161
GardenInn.com
  • Restaurant
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner(Tysons Corner)(Great Value!)
$132
$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Residence Inn Tysons Corner(Tysons Corner)
$152
$188
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskfleming's steakhousechain bridge roadbreakfast buffetshuttle servicewithin milesbusiness hotelroom servicemetro stationmile radiusbeds were comfortablefree shuttledc areaeach morningbusiness triphotel staffking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I loved that the hotel was conveniently situated very close to all of the shopping and restaurants. The staff were very professional and expedient and the lobby was stylish in its design and decorations.

The odd part about our room was that there was a layer of moisture on the carpet and the furniture. We assumed that it was due to the humidity in the air that evening, even though the air conditioner was on. The room was clean and the bed, very comfortable.

I stayed at this hotel because a seminar was being held the next day. It was disappointing to see that the restaurant was not open during lunch hours. Parking was very limited on the ground level. We parked in the underground garage during one of the days.

The workout room was nice - it was clean and had a couple of treadmills and other cardio equipment. I did not use the pool but it looked well-kept and a lifeguard was on duty.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here for work when the other Courtyard in Vienna was sold out. Same set up with a parking garage, however lobby was small and did not have the Courtyard cafe. My room was on the 10th floow overlooking Chain Bridge Rd. The room was incredibly hot and could never get the air conditioning to work properly. The bathroom was small and the towels were very old. Overall its across the street from Tyson's which is very nice, plenty of restaurants at your fingertips, but the hotel just needs to be refreshed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Getmarshall
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear getmarshall,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very important to us here at the Courtyard Tysons Corner.

I apologize that the Guest Services Representative did not explain the location of our many restaurants options in the hotel. We offer three restaurants in the hotel and the option of room service. Our Terrace Restaurant is open for breakfast and has a wonderful hot buffet breakfast. The Bistro which is open for all three meals is also a great option while staying with us. Both of these restaurants are located on the 2nd floor. Flemings Steakhouse is available on the 1st floor for dinner each night. I am sorry we let you down by not informing you of all the dining options at check in. I have personally reviewed your comments with the Guest Service Representatives to avoid this oversight in the future.

I would like to share with you that the housekeeping department is refreshing the terry in our bathrooms as we speak. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding the AC. I am not sure if you reported the issue and would like to ensure that our Engineering department reviews the issues you were experiencing with the AC.

Thank you for your time and I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Heather Hull
General Manager Courtyard Tysons Corner

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is one of the best areas around. Very close to everything; mall, Whole Foods, banks. There was some construction but it was still fairly easy access in and out and to the freeway. The weekend rate is great but increases 2.5 times during the week because it is a "business hotel" the staff says. Thus I checked out as it isn't that grand. The gym is great and the balcony doesn't have a good view but it is a perfect place to read or enjoy the breeze.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This used to be my favorite place to stay in the DC area for business. This time however, I was shocked by how sloppy the housekeeping had become. Dirty dishes weren't picked up, a wastebasket was taken away (as in, I didn't have a wastebasket), there was mold on the shower curtain, and the towels were stained. We put our room service dishes outside our room - and they weren't picked up until the next day. This is probably a reason that we had ants in our bathroom. I told the front desk all of this and they did their best to promise me that my concerns would be noted to upper management.

Although the customer service was definitely up to Marriott's gold-star standard (other than another front desk employee who gave me directions to the airport - going the wrong way), the hotel has just let itself get run-down. The carpets in my room had numerous stains and the furniture was chipped. The exercise equipment in the fitness room was also rusted, and the room itself was messy. There was a wadded up paper cup on the treadmill and a dirty towel on another piece of equipment. I know this is the guests' fault, not the hotel's, but still, it didn't help with the overall shabby feeling.

Add to this that the Internet went down twice, and it's just not worth staying here again. If this had been a hotel in a lesser chain for $69 a night, it would have been fine, but this is a Marriott and I expected more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank keeksGeneva
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear keeksGeneva,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with me. Our goal here at the Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner is to provide exceptional guest service and a clean, crisp property where everything works. I am so disappointed to hear of your experience. I am truly sorry that we let you down during your most recent stay. I would like you to know that I have addressed these issues mentioned in the review with all involved. I would like to assure you that your experience is not typical and we are making the necessary changes to guarantee it does not repeat itself.

I hope you will give us another chance to prove that we value you as our guest. I would be honored to handle your next stay if you are in the Tysons area in the future. Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss further.

Heather Hull
General Manager Courtyard Tysons Corner

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here while on a business trip because it was close to the office where I was spending some time. Overall, the staff was very friendly. Check-in was easy and I was in my room in just a few minutes after arriving. I will say, it's confusing on how to enter the hotel if you're driving as there's no real sign for the entrance, you just have to figure it out based on the signage on the actual building.

For what you pay, I think the hotel met expectations. It's not exactly a 4* or 5* hotel, but it has all the necessary amenities that one needs.

The rooms were on the smaller side and both the bedroom and bathrooms could use some updating, but it wasn't so bad that it made the stay unenjoyable. The lighting in the bathroom was my biggest complaint, it was very dim and difficult to see when in the shower.

I also had issues with my TV switching to the weather channel randomly as I watched TV. I knew I wasn't accidentally hitting buttons on the remote, as I made sure the remote was on the (tiny) nightstand away from where I was laying.

The rooms were fairly clean, but I felt there was a lack of attention to detail. For example, one of the trash cans wasn't emptied one day and the ice bucket was left with a puddle of melted ice inside. Were these things a big deal? Nope. Did it ruin my day? Nope. It's things like these though that will continue to make it a 3* hotel and nothing more.

One nice thing is that there is a Flemmings Steakhouse attached. I suppose if you're looking for something more affordable, this could be a negative, but seeing as though most of the clientele that I saw were business folks, I think this is a plus to this hotel.

Would I stay here again? Maybe for work, but certainly not pleasure, as it's not really near anything to do for fun (besides the mall) and it's just an average hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business