Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
Tysons Corner Marriott(Tysons Corner)(Great Value!)
$269
$229
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner(Tysons Corner)(Great Value!)
$179
$201
Doubletree.com
$133
ExtendedStay
Residence Inn Tysons Corner(Tysons Corner)
$152
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall(Tysons Corner)(Great Value!)
$188
$559
$459
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskfleming's steakhousechain bridge roadbreakfast buffetshuttle servicewithin milesbusiness hotelroom servicemetro stationmile radiusbeds were comfortablefree shuttledc areaeach morningbusiness triphotel staffking bed
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is one of the nicer Courtyard Marriotts you will find in the US. It looks and feels like a full-service Marriot hotel. Tyson's corner is pricey but this place is a bargain for the area. I particularly like that fact that it has a regular central air system versus the separate room units you find in most Courtyards. There is a Flemngs Steakhouse attached to the hotel which is the equivalent of a fine dining restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice, and both times it was sub-par, but my last visit was the worst experiences I've had with a hotel. I stayed there last week for business, and the room was booked and was to be paid for by the institute I was working for. The room was pleasant enough, but the toilet didn't really flush, it just filled up and slowly drained after each attempt. The sink was backed up and slow to drain, and calling the number for the front desk directed me to a "vacant room" and subsequently into limbo. The worse aspect came a week later though when I was charged for my stay using the credit card I had given them for "incidentals." At no point in the trip was I quoted a rate or asked to sign anything saying I would pay for the room. I called and was directed to accounting. The accountant said she got an email saying to charge me for the room. That seemed unlikely, so I asked her to forward me the email. She hemmed and hawed and said she couldn't find it. I asked to remove the charge while I investigated the situation with the agency who'd employed me, and she refused saying, "Let me explain something. When you check into a hotel, you assume responsibility for paying the bill." I question whether that's even true when the room is booked by someone else on my behalf, and even if it were, it's pretty shabby customer service to give a customer a lecture when they're asking for a courtesy, while they investigate the situation further. I asked to speak to a manager several times but she insisted that she was the one who handled billing, and refused to connect me to anyone else. I contacted Marriott customer service, where the agent was apologetic and agreed to look into the situation. I'm sure this will all work out in my favor, but I will NEVER stay at Courtyard Marriott again and I will advise anyone I know to avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
WashDCHotels, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Hello zdanielle,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a detailed account of your stay. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you have experienced and are glad that you let us know about the issues so we can immediately correct them.

I would like to start by apologizing for your experience and assure you that the experience you had is not typical at all for our guests and is completely unacceptable by our standards. We are sorry for the issue with the bathroom and the phone in your room and the engineering team has already addressed both problems. Next time feel free to come down to the front desk if you can’t get through on the phone, we are all more than happy to help guests when they need anything at all. We are again very sorry for the mix-up with your bill. The situation was handled poorly by our team and we are working to remedy your specific issue as well as address the service issues our team experienced with you.

Once again we are deeply sorry for your experience and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you and prove that we can do it right!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Good basic hotel, however it's embedded in crazy a traffic area. First time there you'll need to look at a map carefully, however once there it's great. I especially like the "Bistro" snack and lounge area. Good place to finish any work before calling it a night...

• Stayed: February 2012
WashDCHotels, Owner and Management Representative at Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear hreedwork,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that the traffic in the area wasn’t too much trouble. We encourage our guests to call the front desk for directions as the traffic patterns in the area can change due to construction.

The team is looking forward to another chance to serve you the next time you come to Tysons Corner.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed here for a close-to-home weekend away. We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi tub! Such a nice bonus! Room was clean and a nice amount of room. I greatly appreciated the mini fridge (not a mini bar, just a small refrigerator to use during the stay). Breakfast buffett had a very nice spread. All staff was polite and helpful. Parking was mostly garage, but free. Despite the local construction, it was easy on/off the beltway. We peobably could have walked to the mall, but it was an easy drive.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank abigailsarah523

Hello abigailsarah523,

We all appreciate you taking the time to wrie a review of your stay at our hotel! It is always great to hear from our guests.

It is great to hear that the team was able to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and that you could relax during your “stay-cation!” We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great in room amenities and those around the hotel as well. It is also great that you could start your day off right with a hearty breakfast from our full buffet.

We are looking forward to the next time you get away to Tysons Corner and we have another chance to serve you.

The Courtyard Tyson Corner Team

Reviewed February 17, 2012

My family and I stayed for 9 nights and were very pleased. At check in we were upgraded to a suite which was great since we were traveling with a toddler. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and by the time we checked out the entire staff knew our son. The evening of Valentines Day, the steak house was able to fit my wife and I in despite not having reservations. The pool while not big enough for an adult to swim was perfect for kids. We did not use the gym but it looked nice also. Our only complaint was the internet service which was almost dial up speed. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Chad T,

Everyone at the hotel loves hearing from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel.

We are very happy to hear that we were able to take care of your family and make your longer stay as comfortable as possible. It is great that you were able to get so much enjoyment out of all the amenities at the hotel and that Flemings was able to make your Valentine’s Day special. We are sorry for the speed of the internet but since we offer free unrestricted internet access at the hotel when there are a lot of guests logged on the usually lightning fast speeds will slow down significantly. We are working on a new system that should alleviate this issue.

The entire team is looking forward to the chance to serve you again the next time you come to Tysons Corner.