“OK Business Hotel”

Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 23, 2007

Fine hotel if you need to stay in the area of Tyson's Corners. Very pleasant reception area with helpful staff. I had to stay late on the day of check-out, and was able to check-out at 4pm, and not charged for an extra night, something unheard of in American hotels. You have to have a car to move around, but otherwise it's a decent property.

• Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed August 5, 2007

My husband booked this hotel through Priceline for two nights and I booked this hotel through hotwire for one night (at same night, so make sure we can stay with other family members together).
Overall stay was OK. But when we got back and checked our credit cards (my husband used his own card for reservation and I used mine), there are two extra charges charged by Courtyard(around $50 for each night) in additional to the money we paid to Priceline and Hotwire. We were confused because we did not damage any properties and asked no room services. The receipt they gave us at the time of checking out clearly shows our balance was 0. How did this mistake happen?
I made a bunch of calls toCourtyard on Friday morning and nobody at Accounting Dep. was available to help. I left messages to a couple of people who were thought be helpful by front desk. Now it is Monday noon, nobody call me back and I called courtyard this morning, only recording greeted me still.
Very disappointed with this "three star" hotel....

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Buererer
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Drove up with no reservation on a Sunday night and was given a clean, no-frills room for a little over $100. A great deal, considering the area! The hotel is located directly across the street from Tysons Galleria, so it's convenient to both the malls and the many businesses in the area.

There's a tiny pool and small exercise room, but nothing to write home about. This is a good place to stay if you need a clean room but don't want to pay for the extra amenities you're not going to use.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 13, 2007

The front desk people were rude, incompetent, didn't have a clue on how to communicate. The Only good thing was the person who drove the shuttle, she's very nice! The overall experience makes me ill! The room service people were idiots in terms of how to handle a client request. I would never stay here again. Go stay at the Holiday Inn next door, or any other hotel in the area--avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank oceanracer
Reviewed June 13, 2007

Wow talk about problems!!

Front staff was clueless, they were overbooked, check in took forever and because I am a gold member they had to send me a check for not honoring my reservation. Whoopie after a long day traveling and getting at midnight only to wait around till 1am before they send me to another hotel.

Don't take your chances business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Wise_One
Reviewed May 20, 2007

I stayed at this hotel as part of my weekly travel from Monday-thursday on my business trips. I was on a tight budget from the visiting company so this hotel fit well into my budget. The hotel was ok but being a regular traveller I would suggest a few things that these guys should change about themselves...

1. The shuttle service is good but can be improved. I have waited for as long as 30 mins before I could get in the shuttle.
2. The gym is too small for the size of the hotel. Two threadmills and that too old ones.

The hotel has a classy steak house but the rest of the hotel doesn't really match up with those standards.

I hope this improves.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2007

We booked 2 nights through priceline, The location was great and the hotel was fine except, We didn't have any hot water. We didn't realize how bad it was until the first morning and to keep our plans we took cold showers. We then reported the problem and said we would be gone for the day. We we got back there were no messages but the water seemed fine. The next morning there was no hot water again. I called and reported the problem and ask them to get back to us with a resolution. after an hour I called back and they said they didn't want to disturb us.
We needed to get ready to leave so the manager said she would get us another room to shower in if that was OK. The hotel was not busy and I said there was an ajoining room, maybe we could use that. She said she would send a key up. They ended up sending us to the far end of the hall to use another room. There was very little hot water in that room but it was better. They did offer us free breakfast but at that point we had already eaten. I don't know if it was because we used priceline or not, but they didn't seem concerned with our comfort.

Stayed: January 2007