“We stay here often”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I keep meaning to write this review. Over the last 2 years my wife, daughter and I have stayed at this hotel 5 times for a night or two each time. We love this hotel. We have stayed at many hotels in the greater Washington area and this is our new favorite. The hotel is a short drive to Tyson's corner shopping (or they have a van you can take- which we have done during Christmas shopping season and it was great.) They have pretty easy driving access to Washington DC. The hotel offers a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning, and the reception on weekday evenings is great. While not large, the pool is a nice size and has always had warm water! The gym is also great. There are also many restaurants nearby. Though you will need to drive to places, it is a wonderful main base for seeing DC without the huge DC prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments and your continued support. We look forward to having you back very very soon!

998 - 1,004 of 1,310 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I were traveling with our 3 children and my parents. We chose it for the proximity to Washington, DC. Everyone was happy with the stay.

Here is what we liked:
The price was very good. The hotel was only about 30 minutes from Washington, DC. Parking was free. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were large. Breakfast was GREAT. Lots of options and they would also cook omelets to order! The manager's reception was GREAT. From 5:30-7:30 there was basically an open bar. My husband had a rum and Coke, I had a glass of wine, my parents had beer, and my kids had soda. There were snacks, too, but nothing really to write home about. The pool had a life guard. There was an ATM (which came in handy) and a cute little gift shop for incidentals. The hotel was a short drive from grocery stores and restaurants.

Here is what we didn't like:
The rooms were a bit dark as a result of the set up. The only windows to the outside were in the bedroom making the living room a bit dark. No big deal really. Internet is NOT free. It comes with a fee. We paid the fee and found the internet to be terribly unreliable. We could not get a stable connection to save our lives! We ordered room service. The service was good, the meal was not.

We would definitely stay again, but probably not pay the extra $10 per night for the unreliable internet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments, I am glad you had a nice visit. I want to apologize for the poor internet service and room service order. Our guests should never have a problem connecting and the food should be fresh, hot, and flavorful. I am sorry that was not your experience. You can be sure I will follow up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very affordable hotel. The rooms are very clean, the staff is very friendly, and the breakfast beats any breakfast that I have had at a hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to visit Washington, D.C., but rather stay in the outside area. The shuttle bus takes you directly to the train station, which takes you into D.C. and all of the prime areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Steve W, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thanks so much for your coments and for sharing on Trip Advisor. We hope you come and visit us again and often!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I checked in here for one night on the way to another destination. I had used priceline name your own price and got a great rate. The suites were quite large which was nice. However, they are starting to look old and tired. Breakfast in the morning was really nice, there were tons of options. However it was very crowed in the breakfast line.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Location was a bit inconvenient but some of the hotels closer to DC were fully booked--big conventions going on in town. Construction on Leesburg Pike also added to the inconvenience. The suite was spacious with comfortable furniture and very clean. Service at the front desk was efficient. I had no problems using the business center except for Mapquest being blocked on the computers for some reason. My main complaint was with the manager's reception and cocktail lounge. The servers didn't seem to be prepared or to really know what they were doing when asked for common drinks. I like staying in Embassy Suites but feel this one could use improvements in both the snacks and beverage service at the manager's reception. I rated service as average--for me it was very good to excellent at the front desk and in breakfast service but poor in the cocktail lounge.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I expected Embassy Suites to be a clean motel. I was wrong. Check in was long, only 1 staff while others were in and out behind counter. Once I get the card we go to the room. Well, the lampshades were falling apart and looked like blood splatters all over them. The fan did not work in the bathroom. The air filter had about 1/2 inch of dust all over it. Was last changed in April per the record on inside of door. The dining chair was falling apart and the fabric was hanging almost to the ground. Lots of stains all over the couch, over 8 inches in diameter. There's no way the maid didn't see these. I took pics of everything, I will try to post. Room 222. The breakfast was excellent. They have a shuttle to the metro but they cut it off at 10:30 and you are stuck in D.C. So we had to rush dinner and a didn't do a cruise on the Potomac. It takes about 30 min on metro to get from Smithsonian stop to there's. So if there's a problem w tracks or tickets etc... You will have to get a cab starting at $50. If you go out for drinks and can't make the hotel curfew, Adams Morgan area where all the bars are wanted $120 to take us back. I hope in the future, even if they have to charge something that they offer 24 hour service.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love staying at this hotel and have stayed here over 10 times in the last 5 years. The location is great easy to get to everything, free shuttle to the METRO but no shuttle to and from airport, most hotel in Tysons don't have shuttles to the airport. Lots of places to shop and eat around the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family