“Great Place for your DC trip”

Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Oneida, Wisconsin
“Great Place for your DC trip”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great place. Take the new Silver Line Metro from DC and get off at the Spring Hill stop. Go down the exit stairs and turn right. 1-1/2 blocks (across from the Honda dealership). 4 blocks from Walmart. 5 blocks from good restaurants. Great rooms. Nice pool. Large dining room for the full and free breakfast. We got into DC late on the AMTRAK but still could take the DC Metro line from Union Station in downtown DC, transferred at Metro Center to the Silver Line and the entire trip (at night) cost us on about $4.00 or so each. Plenty of hot water in the shower, lots of towels, friendly staff. Access to the rooms is outside the hotel perimeter.

METRO NOTE: IF you are going to use your credit card for DC Metro ticket purchases whether multi stop or single direction you will need to remember your 4 digit credit card pin number. NOT the 3 digit backside code. Or else you have to put cash into the ticket dispensing machine. This goes for ALL DC Metro ticket locations.

1 Thank obus1944

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel is shabby, there's no other way of describing it. We had 2 rooms for 5 days so we had lots of time to get to know the place. In one of the rooms the carpet was always damp by the entryway. When we asked to have it fixed or get a new room they said that they air conditioner was leaking into the room and that there were no other rooms available. No one ever came to fix it and the room had an overall damp feeling and musty smell. The other room was fine, but the furniture was definitely dated in both rooms. All that being said, the amenities were nice. The breakfast was the same thing everyday but filling enough and "free". The proximity of the new metro station couldn't be beat and was the big motivator for us picking this hotel. I didn't see another place that was closer or more convenient. Their shuttle service was nice too. They'll take you wherever you want to go in a 3 mile radius of the hotel. I thought the staff was pretty nice. They even let us check-in an hour early and check-out an hour late because of our flight schedule.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the gazebo courtyard. People hang out there in the evening talking and lau...
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My parents were travelling around east coast, they were having a great time until staying in this hotel. The hotel is ok, but all three staffs in front desk were very unpolite, they seemed not know words as sorry, please and thanks, and they look very unhappy with their work. They were not helpful with non-native language speakers. They gave my parents a room very dirty and they did not apologise for that. When I called to talk to the manager the person who answer the phone (Jess, or Jane) was very unpolite and rude. I hope the headquarter of this hotel make something about this group of staffs.

Room Tip: Very bad front desk workers
1 Thank Julia S

Travelers are raving about these Tysons Corner hotels

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was greeted with a smile and the person checked me in quickly and efficiently even though it was almost midnight. It was easy to find from the directions. The person explained how the buildings were set up numerically so I could easily find my room. There was a very nice courtyard with places to sit, the pool was clean and looked very relaxing!- a little chilly for me though! The seminar I was going to was at a different hotel but I could walk there safely. There were a lot of lunch type restaurants and a few pricier dinner places that were still within walking distance but would have been more of a hike. My room included a fridge and a microwave. Walmart was within walking distance. There was a lot of noise on Friday night but was soon quietened by someone from the office.
I was very happy with the amenities and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The balcony side on the courtyard is quieter for roadside noise but more noisy for guest noise. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The guy at front desk was unfriendly, didn't know how to handle prepaid reservations. The hotel had no elevator so I had to WALK to my room. I went to the odd numbered section of the hotel but i had an even numbered room so I had to walk all the way around to the other section of the hotel. By the time I got to my room, everyone else in my tour group was asleep. The rooms were dirty and the wifi was horrible, it kept switching on and off. I checked for mites but couldn't tell. When I woke up in the morning I had a big ugly bite on my ankle and when I took my morning shower the water wouldn't turn on. I called front desk and I said my shower wasn't working they didn't respond. What kind of service is this? Thank goodness I stayed there for only one night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hongwei S
Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Generally above average. Lots of tour and training groups use the hotel. Close to many attractions, shopping and restaurants. Staff is usually helpful and try to make your stay comfortable. Rooms are a little dated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am partially quoting a friend who lives in the area, that this Comfort Inn is "an oasis" in the middle of a busy area of Northern Virginia (what's NOt crazy there?!?). It's quiet, for the most part, with virtually no Rt. 7 noise, even though it is only a block to Rt. 7 and the new Metro station.

In season, the pool makes for a wonderful retreat from all the chaos of No. VA.

It is my choice of places to stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends