“Absolutely great!”

Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
“Absolutely great!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

What a place! Room rate was excellent, efficient front desk, good rooms with free wifi. Manager's reception with food and drink 2x a week that could substitute for a dinner, free BBQ once a month. Free breakfast with bagels and waffles etc. Rachel Benedict was super manager and host for our stay. Two friends stayed in separate rooms and agree!! Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Jvdrhor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
falls church
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The front desk was wonderful, however the room was disgusting. Upon entering the room, I realized the A/C was turned on full blast and the room temperature was about 40 degrees. After I un-fogged my glasses because it was 90 degrees outside, I turned it off. I then went to use the bathroom, upon sitting I realized my bottom was completely wet. The seat was wet from condensation, and the bathroom mirror was completely fogged up. It gets worse. In need of a shower, I took off my shoes and walked to the bathroom. The carpet was moist and my feet squished. Then after the shower I put on a pair of white sport socks I had so my feet would stay dry. That was a mistake because the carpet was disgustingly dirty, and the socks turned black on the bottom within a few minutes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank glynis p
Reviewed July 17, 2011

You can get the 5a metro bus from Dulles and it is a short walk to more malls than the world really needs. The rooms and beds are big, lots of Internet and clean. Breakfast is basic but high spirited. Out side is not so clean and the air conditioners take up a chunk of the room. Turned mine off. Good value.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank CrocodileSam
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We took our 8th graders to DC for the week and this was the best place! The staff was so welcoming and accommodating. They made sure our boys rooms were far enough away from our girls rooms. The breakfasts were delicious. The evening we arrived they had a happy hour with soda pops and appetizers (there was beer and wine, but no one in our group could partake!). Then there was a fantastic BBQ Wednesday evening with Karokee. The kids had a lot of fun in the swimming pool, too. The rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank donohueka
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I didn't actually STAY here, but I had a business meeting at the hotel and in one of the hotel rooms.

This property seemed pretty nice for a Comfort Inn, keeping in mind that Comfort Inn are usually 2-star budget-minded properties. The hotel owner/staff seemed alert and courteous; they noticed me on the property almost immediately and asked how they could help.

There's a large area for the breakfast buffet. The public bathrooms were clean and odor-free; in fact when I used it at about 3pm, I interrupted a staff member tidying it up. There was a small center courtyard to sit within and a small round pool on one side of the property. They have some kind of property-dedicated van shuttle but I don't think it goes all the way to Dulles.

The room looked at least as good as you can expect a 2-star room to be, if not more so. There was a large refrigerator, something I wouldn't expect in such a room.

All in all, this property looked as much like a below-average Hampton Inn as an above-average Comfort Inn. And I mean that in a good way!

If you are a 2-star room kind of customer, then I believe I can safely recommend this property to you. If, on the other hand, you won't stay any lower than a Hampton Inn or a Courtyard, then you should take a pass.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DoctorQuality
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Beware! I booked my reservation via booking.com. The hotel decided to charge my credit card for the full stay before our anticipated arrival date. I have never had a hotel charge my credit card before the actual stay, not even for the first night, even for our international travels! Found other lodging for our DC visit and cancelled the booking well before the date of arrival and the front desk said that I would see a refund in the 'next few days'. After repeated calls asking to speak with the 'Manager' and leaving voicemails, I got not one phone call back. I had to contact booking.com to try to resolve this and got an email back to let me know that the front desk manager was contacted and that I should see my credit in a week. I did-Three weeks later after I already incurred interest on this credit card charge....I didn't stay here but I have to say that this hotel does not have very good business practices.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank buonviaggio_11
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We arrived to find a very dated, old, run down Motel... not at all what you would expect from a choice hotel.

The carpet was so disgusting i would not let any family members walk around wiith out shoes on. The constant tour buses coming and going made the noise level very high especially at night.

The shuttle service was the most postive thing about this Motel... the did provide rides to the Dunn Loring metro station however if you did not tip the driver, he got moody.

We will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Vienna Wolf Trap Hotel
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall
#10 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Quality Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!