“Ok food, too expensive”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Hill Road
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Vienna, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went with my family of 5 to celebrate a big sale we got scored with a new client. I've heard so many things about this steakhouse thought lets try it. Going in there with high expectations I was not thrilled with the atmosphere at all. We were sat at a doing table and had to change tables. It was actually a square table that folds out to be round so at each end where it folded out the cracks were disturbing. Rather than changing the table the server offered to fix it? So we moved.

There is absolutely no presentation with the food. Might as well serve it on paper plates and serve it to the dogs. Sitting at a round table the calamari appetizer came and no one could reach it and there was no sharing spoon to distribute to the plates. Not ruining our time, we were eager to order our steaks. It was a piece of steak on a plain small white plate.... That's it. Granted the quality of the meat is good however I asked for a medium and received a medium rare...

Oh and the service was so s-l-o-w to the point we lost out appetite.

So we will not be back for sure. If I'm expected to pay $100 for a dish which I walked in knowing that, I expect excellence.

If you are a meat lover in the areas, you must(!) go to Chima.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you are looking for inexpensive dinning this may not be your first choice. If you are looking for a meal for a special event or just want quality dinning, I highly recommend this restaurant. Everyone in my family of 4 raved about their meal; best steak I have ever eaten. The only negative, the food is served on a very hot plate and the steak was still sizzling, spaying a little grease. Amazing taste and quality, well worth the price.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

First time to a Ruth's Chris Steak House. Of course it is very expensive as all steak houses are. Guess that is why I have never been before. But... the lamb chops were the best I have ever had, cooked perfectly. Staff very accommodating and professional. Lovely experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came here early on a Friday evening after shopping nearby knowing we could have a reliably good steak dinner while travelling through the Northern VA area. Our steaks arrived looking similar despite different cuts being ordered between the two of us. It turns out our orders were switched around (steaks and level of doneness) and so we asked to return my husband's steak for further cooking. What we experienced after this request to rectify the order was incredible service that you only get in the US: my husband was brought a new steak altogether, we were given the rest of the bottle of wine from which a glass was ordered and all of our sides which had been partially eaten were to be replaced. It was an incredibly generous response on the server and manager's parts to an error that we were happy to just be rectified, but it was gratefully received (except the additional food which really was just too much for us!). We have been to many Ruth's Chris steakhouses in the US but the reliably excellent food and the gracious service we received at this restaurant could not be topped.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I recently ate at the Vienna, Virginia, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse as we wanted a good quality steak and have eaten at this location in the past and had a great experience. Our meal this time was by no means a disappointment; the steak was quality and cooked right, the sides were plentiful and tasty. It was a good visit, not great or spectacular, but good. Both times that we've eaten at Ruth's Chris, the steak has been spot on.

Our meal started with a glass of wine and a wedge salad. There was plenty of blue cheese on the salad, but it needed more bacon (plenty of bacon and blue cheese is what people really want!). I had the petite filet and my husband had the T-Bone. Both were cooked exactly right. If you’ve never eaten at a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, they have a different way of serving their steaks; they are served on a piping hot dish with plenty of sizzling butter on the plate. It is amazingly good. But when the plate and butter cool down, it tends to just make your steak taste greasy. We ordered the side dishes of potatoes au gratin, french fries and sautéed spinach. Each was tasty (see pictures). Overall the steaks were great and the rest of the meal was good, again, not amazing or spectacular, but good. Our meal with 3 glasses of wine, dinner for two (no dessert) and tip was about $220. That is a lot of cash to lay down for a couple of steaks and sides. If you eat at Ruth’s Chris, you won’t be disappointed in the steak, but as there are so many good Steakhouses in the Tysons/McLean/Arlington/DC area, you just have to decide where you want to spend your money.

1  Thank Pamela K