“Far exceeded our expectations!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Warwick, NY
“Far exceeded our expectations!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2007

My husband & I stayed here from 4/19-4/22/07. What a great deal for less than $100 per night. Flat/Widescreen TV, Marble topped furniture, HUGE stall shower, Room Service, Fridge, Microwave, Lots of Space, Adjustable Mattress for each side of bed, Immaculate room...should I continue? Our hotel selection was based on some other user reviews. Even the room service was good. Generous portions, fast service, and very reasonably priced.
Where we live, this type of stay would cost well over $150 per night. I would immediately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the DC area. The drive into the Mall area in DC is only 10 minutes from the hotel. Great shopping within a quarter mile of the hotel too (Tiffany, Hermes, Gucci, etc...).
Sorry, wish we took pictures. Next time maybe.

• Liked — Too much to choose just one thing.
  • Disliked — Price of Breakfast Buffet in the lobby restaurant ($10.95 pp)
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The_Benjamins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Asked for room away from elevators, ice machine, etc. Front desk assured us room far from those. Room was exactly next to the soda and
ice machines. Non-smoking room appeared clean, but there was an underlying smell of body odor, men's cologne, and cigars on pillows and bedding. Expecting a shower/bathtub combo, was surprised at only a shower that leaked badly upon the floor. Luckily there were many towels to sop up the gallons of wasted water. Email to hotel manager with these concerns remains unanswered. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grandmommyof6
toronto
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We arrived at 12:30 am for a saturday night stay, we paid 99.00, it may of been the weekend the review a few down stayed for 68.00???? Breakfast was 10.95 supposibly a person, they got it for free??? The man was fairly helpful at check-in, first room was smoky smelling so we chnged room close to 1 am, old room service was in the halls from check-in till we left, overall okay, if on vacation try the residence inn dulles at 28 centre, overall if rate was under 70 maybe, no more then 70 for no breakfast especially when you are with family.

• Tips/Secrets — Lots of hotels in area, have a look
  • Stayed November 2006
Richmond, VA
Reviewed December 30, 2006

What a great hotel nestled in the busy Tyson's Corner area!!!
I wanted a quick get-a-way and found a great price for this hotel...what a deal!

Great location, Great hotel, Great Room........

Check-in was great via their website. The taxes were much cheaper on the hotel's site which made the overall total cheaper.
When making the reservation, like to know if you would like your room on the bottom floors vs. higher floors and close vs. far from elevator. I choose higher and near the elevator. I was smack next to the elevator, but never heard it open or close.

The elevator is very fast and convenient to the parking (garage).

The room was great!
I enjoyed the flat screen T.V. There are a lot of channels to choose from.
The work desk and chair were very comfy along with the other room chair & ottoman... I fell asleep for a few hours in that chair.

Since there was not a complimentary breakfast included (the ONLY drawback), I drove to the local store(s) and gathered up a few things to enjoy for breakfast since I would probably sleep in late the next few days.
There is a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot at your disposal in the room. It was Perfect!

There is a safe in the closet along with an ironing board & Iron.

The bathroom had great products for you to use (shampoo, conditioners, lotions,etc). There is an extra large & long shower only (no tub) with a nice massaging shower head. There is also a hair dryer located in the bathroom.

The bed was scrumptious. They had the additional pillows I requested which made it that much more inviting every time I entered the room. You can adjust your bed by turning a switch at the head-side of the bed... It moves the padding to give you a softer or firmer mattress.

The heat and cooling system in the room was great. I switched it around from time to time and the results were quick and effective.

There is an area where coffee and cocoa are available in the lobby. There is a pantry where you can purchase snacks(I didn't use due to the snacks I purchased from the store). There is a "restaurant" that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as room service (until 10 PM)

There is a 24-hour business office. 2 computers, printers,fax machine, and copier. You use your room key to open it....very convenient since I didn't bring a laptop. If you brought your laptop and no printer, there is a way to print to a copier in the hotel.

There is a hotel shuttle that will drive you to Tyson's I, II and local Metro Stop. There is a schedule, but if they are at the hotel and you need to go, there is not an issue.

The parking garage is located underneath the hotel with easy access to the elevators. During the day, if you are out and about, you can park on the street. **Caution, when you are leaving the garage, it's a tight turn...try swinging out to your left, then cutting to your right when U leave.

ALL IN ALL....I WILL RETURN AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!

• Liked — Price. Bed and Room Amenities
  • Disliked — No complimentary breakfast.
  • Tips/Secrets — if U drive in, explore the area. Nice stores that aren't in the malls.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
4 Thank 804Lady
New Jersey
Reviewed December 19, 2006

We like to come to the metro DC area several times a year and have found the Tyson's Corner area to be conveniently located half-way between DC and our friends in Northern VA. Last time we stayed at the Doubletree in Tysons corner and that experience was mediocre. This time around we decided to try something new. After comparing rates for the hotels in the area, Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) appeared to have the most bang for the buck. We were traveling with our 8-month old for the first time and were a little concerned as to how it's going to go. As some of the reviewers mentioned below, the hotel is located in a rather quiet location on the side street and is surrounded by office buildings. We arrived on a Friday evening (around 6 pm) and the whole area was nice and quiet as most of the people had left for the week. Traveling with a baby we had a mountain of bags in the car and when we went in to get a bellboy or someone to help us carry them to the car, the attendant pointed towards a luggage cart and made the "help yourselves" gesture. We didn't like that at first, but the rest of our stay blew us away. Check-in was a breeze, we got a nice sized room on the 7th floor. We weren't concerned about the view as much, but I think it was facing the "good" side. The room appeared to be brand new, very clean, lots of nice amenities: king sized bed with a heavenly mattress, pillows and bed spread, comfortable designer office chair, nice HDTV, refrigerator, microwave, alarm clock radio with a jack for the MP3 player. Since we were travelling with the baby, we also asked for the crib in the room. The hotel gave us a what looked like an industrial version of the same old pack n play. They did put folded up blankets and sheets to create some sort of a mattress. It worked out fine for our baby, with the only issue being a little hole in the fabric of the crib and the stuffing sticking out. We didn't even notice it at first, but our 8-month-old sure did and was pulling on it from the getgo. Since we had some time to spare, we decided to take our baby to the pool. That night and every day there after we were really lucky to have been the only onces (plus the lifeguard) at the pool, which was great! The pool is only about 4 feet deep, but you really don't need more to swim some laps or to play with your child. There was also a whirlpool which we took full advantage of to soak our old bones in.
The first night was great. Did I say that the mattress was heavenly? It's some patented garden sleep system and towards the end of our stay we were actually looking into buying it. The off-the-main-street location of the hotel made it very quiet at night. Keep in mind that Tysons Corner area lies at the intersection of many highways, main roads, etc. so to find a hotel in a quiet area was truly a blessing. (The Double tree we stayed at the last time was overlooking the Dulles Toll Road, and being on the 11th floor there, we were still awaked by the noise of cars zooming by).
We booked the package that included breakfast because we wanted to have the convenience of taking the elevator to breakfast and not have to worry about getting the baby and ourselves ready for the day ahead. If you are inclined to have breakfast outside of the hotel, the area has plenty of food choices. The breakfast was really good, the staff were really friendly and made sure to accomodate our every need. They played with the baby, brought her the high chair, and the chef was great at accomodating our request for the freshly boiled eggs for our baby. The breakfast fare is standard american breakfast and you could also ask for the omelet. The restaurant was never crowded so we could take our time.
The rest of our stay was just as nice, we didn't go to Tyson's corner shopping mall because we've been there many times before and just came to visit friends and family this time, but if we had to go there, the shuttle would have made it super easy. The shuttle could also take you to the West Falls Church Metro station, which would put you into DC in no time. We preferred to drive in as it was the weekend and parking was easier to find.
Overall our stay was excellent, all of us (including the baby) had a blast. One more thing, the complementary wired/wireless high speed internet was a great thing to have given that I had to finish up several important documents and had to check in with the office. Underground parking also gave us some additional peace of mind. Overall, I don't think there is a single negative thing I could write about this hotel, for the location, amenities and service, you are practically getting it for free with the low rates offered (we paid $81/night, including breakfast) And mind you, it was the week before Christmas.

• Liked — excellent value for the money: location, amenities, service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank avodemas
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2006

The wife was looking to go up to Tysons Corner for a shopping trip so decided to make a weekend out of it, booking a Saturday night stay. Paid a superb rate of $68 including taxes. It was my first stay at a Garden Inn so thought I'd write up a little report...

Location: Not bad, off a side road that runs parallel to the Leesburg Pike, just a couple of minutes from Tysons Corner Center and a few more from the Galleria. No busy roads on either side but the hotel itself is almost built into a hill which sounds odd...The views over the back of the hotel aren't too pretty. Something that looks like a one story warehouse thing with parking lots and strip malls.

Arrival: We had driven up from Richmond in the morning and the staff were happy for us to leave the car in the underground parking below the hotel and let us use the shuttle to Tysons Galleria. Waited maybe ten minutes so had the opportunity for a quick look around the ground floor. Place looked almost brand new, a nice fireplace by the front door with coffee machine next to it.

Check-In: Came back from the mall around 7pm and checked in. Was given breakfast coupon for 2 and $5 pantry coupon (in absence of upgraded rooms since there was only one category of room, Evolution, at this property). Also handed an HGI bag with a couple of bottles of water. I saw about half a dozen others behind the desk too. Was informed there was a business centre with a couple of PCs and printers on the ground floor. Also a fitness centre and small pool with hot tub.

Room: We had room 907 (I think) on the top floor. Slightly odd location between the elevator and the ice machine but neither caused any distraction during our stay. The room itself was immaculate, even had wrapping still around the table lamps. 26" HDTV, nice desk etc. The bathroom had no bath, just a bath sized shower stall with massagey function...Also in the room was a coffee maker and microwave.

We spent the rest of the evening in the room having had a large late lunch, nice place to relax for a few hours with sore feet. We did go down to use the pantry coupon, spending about $8 in the end but the person recognised us from check-in and smiled letting the other $3 slide The Pantry whilst useful was rather pricey...$2.50 for a bottle of Coke, $5 for a Lean Cuisine for example...Used the free business centre and even the printing was free. Saved us going to Kinkos to sort something out so I was grateful for that.

The bed was very comfortable, not as comfortable as some of the Hilton ones I've had recently but certainly rather nice. Slept very well. The wife went to work out early in the morning leaving me to rest for a while longer, said the gym was alright, had an elliptical so she was happy. I got the briefest of looks and it did appear quite small. Nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel though.

Breakfast: Was served until 11.30am on Sunday and so we went down for a late breakfast, perhaps 10.30 or so. Perhaps a dozen or so tables out, half of them occupied. A little Indian lady came over with coffee, welcoming us to breakfast and inviting us to help ourselves. Seemed like a really decent spread. Bagels, cereal, pastries, hot breakfast with biscuits and gravy and the most fun part....make your own HGI branded waffles/pancakes Pouring the mix in the thing, spinning it and waiting for it to come out was somewhat rewarding! Regular checkups from the hostess and top ups on the coffee too.

We checked out of the room soon after leaving very happy with out stay For $68 it represented amazing value for money, I was starting to wonder where the catch was; free parking, free breakfast, free internet and printing, free pool and fitness centre! We would certainly return here on future trips to the area. I'm not sure how representative this hotel is of the HGI brand but feel that if every hotel and stay is this good I'll actively try and stay at more of them.

Pictures:
Room http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/8384/dsc03136gj7.jpg

Lobby:

• Liked — Clean rooms, nicely fitted out rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, nicely equipped business centre
  • Disliked — Do I have to put something here?
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to get a north facing room, use the shuttle during the day of your arrival too
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank OP2002
Southeastern Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2006

I've stayed in a few Hilton Garden Inns and no Garden Inn impressed me as much as this one. I roomed in with a friend of mine and was very impressed with the fact that there were two *queen* sized beds in one room. And they were no ordinary queen sized beds. They were extra soft, very plushy, and pure white. I also loved the fact that there was a microwave for late night popcorn and a refridgerator for our leftovers from nearby restaurants. The hotel does has a shuttle that will take you to the metro (which is 5 minutes away) and I liked the fact that even though they had scheduled times, we could still be taken to the metro anytime we wanted. The hotel is located in a business area so it is nice and quiet. There are lots and lots of restaurants (Persian, Indian, Italian, etc) nearby (and shops too) and you don't have to drive too far for dinner.

One of the things that I didn't care too much for was the fact that room service was only available certain hours and often closed after 5:00pm. But the fact that the business center was open 24 hours a day so I could check my email in the middle of the night and the wonderful staff (including the kind cleaning staff) who didn't hesitate to get us whatever we needed, plus the fact that the hotel is really new, really made up for it. And to top it off with free parking (apparently a rare thing in DC), I've already made plans to stay when I head back up to the DC area in a few days.

• Liked — The *queen* sized beds with *huge* plushy pillows, microwave, refridgerator
  • Disliked — That room service closes a little too early
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#2 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!