“Large, good atmosphere, lots going on”
Review of eCitie Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Large, good atmosphere, lots going on”
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Large, good atmosphere, lots going on

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Arlington, VA
“Skip It”
Reviewed January 26, 2008

After reading generally favorable reviews about this restaurant I was looking forward to giving it a try. My husband and I had reservations for 6:30pm on a Friday, and were pleasantly greeted and seated in a mostly empty dining room. The dining room is spacious, yet cozy and has the feeling of a New York club with dark wood booths and soft lighting. The ambiance is great. Given that the restaurant is in a warehouse in Fairfax's Tysons' Corner area, and part of a large lounge/dance hall, the noise level was surprisingly low.

Our meal started with a shared appetizer of fried calamari (my husband's barometer of a restaurant) and it was pleasantly light and crispy, sitting in a bath of tomato sauce. It was emboldened with a splash of the accompanying lemon. With the arrival of our entrees, however, the meal went downhill. I'd ordered the special-two lump crab cakes with yukon gold fries and coleslaw (advertised online), and my husband had the double-cut pork chop. Oddly, our waitress came immediately after we were served our entrees to ask how they were, and then disappeared until after they'd been cleared, and never asked us how we liked the meal. Unfortunately, the crabcakes were not fresh, in fact, they had that ammonia taste we all know and hate, and I was unable to finish one crabcake. The fries, though, were crisp and golden, and the coleslaw was fine, but they didn't make up for the past-its-date crab. My husband's pork chop was decent, but nothing special. Still hungry, I had the key lime pie and my husband had the tiramisu (his other restaurant barometer) for dessert, and there the restaurant faltered again. The pie had that stale refrigerator taste and the tiramisu was far too heavy. The servers (not our waitress) who brought our food and cleared plates were unsmiling and silent.

Our meal, with wine, bottled water, and tip came to around $110 for two.

With the explosion of restaurants in the Washington metropolitan area, I would be hard-pressed to recommend eCitie to anyone.

1 Thank mamabird_arlington
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food and great bar!”
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Great food and great bar!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook