“Very nice New Years Eve”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - McLean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 96 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leesburg Pike
Transit: Fairfax Connector, Route 427, Tysons-West*Park Transit Station/West Falls Church Metro Line, Weekday Service Only.
Description: In the heart of Northern Virginia's high-tech corridor, in the Tysons Corner/McLean area, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks has a fresh-daily lunch & dinner menus. We serve more than 30 varieties of fresh seafood flown in daily from both U.S. & international waters, available from menus that change DAILY & is THE place to socialize in the best of traditions. Prepared using fresh ingredients, your food is served in a timeless & traditional presentation. Enjoy the spirited and lively atmosphere of our bar after a show and enjoy watching our bartenders practice traditional mixology, making hand-crafted cocktails using fresh-squeezed juices, never using blenders or mixes.
Great Falls, Virginia
“Very nice New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Have been here many times over the years, but even on a busy New Year's Eve, this was our best meal at this site. We were greeted by staff festooned with party hats which were offered to us and we accepted. This was the early crowd, so not everyone wore a hat, but we thought it was fun. I enjoyed Maryland Crab soup and a Shrimp Trio of fried, scampi and stuffed shrimp while my husband had "they always do a nice" Ceasar Salad and mixed seafood grill. My only complaint was that the oysters we shared were not prepared as completley as they could have- some shell in a few of mine and most were not totally removed from the shell- I had to pry a bit off before eating. Service was very good and the decor is based on local seafood and yet sophisticated. Valet parking is always efficient.

• Visited December 2013

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Best Happy Hour Food Around!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were driving by after a Saturday out shopping at the mall and popped in to take advantage of their happy hour, which is available everyday of the week!
They have some GRET deals at happy hour... like the $2.99 Shrimp Croutons, $5.99 Fish Tacos or $3.99 Cheeseburger.

The food was nice. It was all fresh and tasty.

Only issues with the food was that the fish tacos were fried cod. Never seen fried fish in a fish taco and that makes it go from healthy to unhealthy pretty quickly. It was tasty though.
The cheeseburger was nice, nothing spectacular.
Shrimp Croutons were the best thing we ordered and at $2.99, the best deal too!

Service was also decent.

Drink quality was nice.

• Visited December 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Always good”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

It has been several years since I went for lunch to this resturant and it did not disappoint--finding the parking lot can be confusing but otherwise, endorse without qualification.

Business must not be as good as it once was becasue the menu had only about 20% of previous selections. Nontheless, everything looked inviting--we had the lobster bisque (5 stars) and claim chowder (3.5 stars). We shared an order of calamari (3 stars) and wild mushrooms with spinage (5 stars). Service was excellent, staff was friendly.

• Visited November 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Terrible food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to Mc Cormick and Schmick's last night to celebrate my birthday. My daughter got sick on the Kobe burger that she had. It was raw meat they serve. When you asked for medium well, you get pink burgers, same thing with my steak, supposedly medium well but raw meat in the middle. Anyway she had stomach cramps the next morning and vomitted. Being pregnant, that is not what you want to happen. My other daughter's steak was raw as well. My family doesn't like pink meat and we never order them like that. I don't think there will be a next time going there. And to top it all, there was a fire and we all got evacuated. We never finish eating but the waiter gave us the bill and we paid them. Waiter was very nice though. It was a bad experience going to that restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth D
Chelsea, Alabama, United States
“Great service for a business dinner”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I needed a restaurant for a business meal and I am so glad I picked McCormick & Schmick's. I placed the reservation for 13 online stating I needed a quite table. The hostess called to Inquire about the request then offered a private room that was excellent. The food was marvelous topped only by the service. What a great restaurant!

• Visited September 2013