“Great pad Thai great food.”
Review of Busara

Busara
Ranked #38 of 97 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I think bursura is a top 3 Thai place in nova

The salads are great. We opted for 3 main courses.

1. Chicken pad Thai. I think one of the better ones you can get.

2. Tofu. Spicy and tasty. Great flavor.

3. Spicy egg plant. Excellent.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I wanted to enjoy lunch together before kids are out of school. We decided to try a new place. All the reviews were good and the menu looked ok online.

The atmosphere is load almost bar-like. I could barely have a conversation with my spouse. The seating was crowded surrounded by other two party patrons. We were unhappy about this!!

The menu appeared ok. We order a couple of soups. They were so-so. The chicken chunk were too big in the coconut soup. The shrimp in the hot and sour were NOT fully de-viened. The best dish was the papaya salad.

We ordered beef satay, too. My husband said it wasn't good. We shared when I took a bite of my pieces, I almost vomited. It tasted horrible. The sauce was bad, but the meat was not any better without the sauce. This was the worst food we ordered. I had to spit out my one and only bite of this so-called beef.

The bok choy dish was good, but we were disappointed it was only bok choy. I could have made it at home for under $1 or $2 by buying a bag from H-mart. It was $9 for the plate!

We chose this place based on location. I will definitely drive somewhere else next time. There are lots of yummy ethnic restaurants around in Falls Church and Vienna and possibly somewhere else in Tysons.

Expensive, inedible satay, and impossible to enjoy your dining companion. Thumbs down!!! Keep looking, there are better places to eat and spend your money.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We lived in Thailand for several years, and when we had a delicious dinner at Busara recently, we felt transported by the authentic feeling. Very good food. Not too heavy, and very tasty. Very good service.

1  Thank Julia C
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Other than Thai Noy in Va. this is my favorite Thai restaurant in the region, especially for its Drunken Noodle, Mango Sticky Rice and spring rolls. The serving portions are large but not overwhelming and the spices are just right. I highly recommend this restaurant. There is also plenty of parking.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were at the BUSARA on 8148 Watson Street in McLean, VA on 15th March 2013 for lunch and requested for a corner round table for our group of six people. The receptionist who was probably a new staff, initially appeared very reluctant to allow this, until she realized that my brother and his wife are very frequent diners and they knew the manager well!

The menu is not extensive, but it adequately covered the Thai cuisine with the more or less popular Thai dishes. Amongst the dishes that we ordered were:

The fried calamari served with a mildly spiced sauce. The batter was light and crispy.
We had the papaya salad with roasted peanuts, string beans and tomato mixed with a spicy lime dressing. This tasted refreshing!
The next dish was minced chicken with a spicy dressing in onion and mint leaves served with lettuce. We had the Pad Thai Pak which was the Thai rice noodles stir-fried with assorted vegetables, bean curd, and dressed with crushed peanuts. This was also good and tasty. We had the spicy sea food fried rice which is my brother’s favorite dish. The other dishes were Watercress plant in a spicy black bean sauce. I found this rather bland and cannot say I liked the preparation. We had one portion of Gang Ped Yang which is slices of roasted duck meat simmered in red curry with pineapple and cherry tomatoes. This was tasty and not too spicy. The Pattaya Seafood, a dish of shrimp, squid and scallops sautéed in roasted chili sauce with scallions, onion, mushrooms and sweet basil leaves was also good. My son ordered for himself the Wonton soup which is a mixture of shrimp and chicken in a clear light broth with fresh vegetables and thinly-sliced roasted pork.

Generally, the decor is not exciting, the service was very friendly, efficient and cheerful.
The prices for the dishes are reasonable and the food portions not too large. Having experienced Thai food in Thailand many times before, I found the food fresh, flavourful, not too spicy and fairly authentic. The eatery was crowded during lunch as the place is popular with the office workers in Tysons Corner. In spite of this, the servers were attentive and the service was good and cheerful.
There is ample parking spaces in front of the restaurant, including parking for the handicap. The eatery is wheel-chair friendly. Delivery for take out dinner is free within a three mile radius. Most credit cards are accepted.

Opening hours:
Lunch Hours:Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner Hours:Monday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Address: