“MMMMmmm. good chain italian food”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Maggiano's in Tyson's Galleria. We are located off of the Beltway near the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Our restaurant is a quick trip from the Washington Monument and Wolf Trap. Maggiano's dining room is an ideal location for your dinner, graduation, or important client meeting. Maggiano's hosts a variety of special events including a fabulous Happy Hour. Look for exciting future events including an extravagant wine dinner. So join us soon! We look forward to hosting your next business or family gathering.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We got the pasta meals with the take home portion. They were flavorful, cooked well, and had a good experience. They were swamped on the Saturday night as it was graduation time. We had an hour wait so we walked the mall a little.

Service was a little slow but they were busy. We didn't lack for anything. We enjoyed the food.

Good experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I first visited Maggiano's in the mall in Tyson's Corner a decade ago during a business trip. I had such fond memories of my prior visit, that I made a point of eating there again while visiting DC over the Memorial Day weekend. The atmosphere and service is great, the value is good for the Tyson's Corner/DC area, and the food is incredible.

My Mother is 100% Italian, and I always imagine that I am visiting my relatives in Italy when I dine there! I had the eggplant parmesan and it was out of this world! I can honestly say that it was twice as good as any other eggplant parmesan I have ever had, and I have made and eaten A LOT of eggplant parmesan in my life. It was so good that I brought the "take home" second entree home in my cooler so that my son could taste it! Two separate meals for $12.95 was a steal! I also love the Italian bread with the extra virgin olive oil provided at every table.

In an effort to provide full disclosure, when I was finished with my meal and the waiter brought my "take home" bag, I noticed a 3/4" cockroach walking across my table. I don't know if it was on the bag or had been lurking around the table the whole time I was eating. I suspect that many restaurants have issues with cockroaches, especially in areas where they are surrounded by other restaurants. Although that was the only thing that prevented me from giving the restaurant 5 stars, I did not let it ruin my wonderful meal and did not suffer any ill effects.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Maggianos offered the same fare I have become accustomed to in other cities. The service is excellent and the food was as usual of a very high quality. Our options included the Chicken Francaise and Chopped Salad. An excellent and healthy combination from this restaurant.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

The food prices were very low for DC area, and they have a value section where their gimmick is to give you a second entree to take home. A good deal if you live nearby, not so much as a traveller.

The waiter was friendly and helpful, but disappeared for long stretches. We ordered glasses of house wine at happy hour pricing of $5 per the menu, but at the end were charged $10/glass because our dinner ended after happy hour was over. Our total bill ended up being almost twice what I was expecting!

I ordered baked ziti that was neither ziti nor baked. I got a bowl of rigatoni with some good sauce and cheese that had been put in the salamander long enuf to melt the cheese.

My wife said her lasagna was probably the best restaurant lasagna she ever had. I had mentioned that we were there for our granddaughter's birthday, and the waiter surprised her with a plate of lemon cookies with candles.

1  Thank Jay Y
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wow do these servers ever know the menu. Just terrific, friendly, balanced sense of humor, and the best food. Really delicious chicken parmisian and really nice, large, portions. Came with a side of pasta and marinara. The food descriptions made you want every recommendation and the made every dish sound amazing. I wish every restaurant cared this much about your personal experience.