“This place is going downhill fast!”
Review of Clyde's of Tysons Corner - CLOSED

Clyde's of Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 123
Transit: West Falls Church Metro
Description: Situated in one of the most coveted living and commercial areas in the US, this Art Deco-inspired roadhouse stands atop a bluff above the crossroads connecting Washington, DC and Northern Virginia. With four dining rooms, two kitchens and balconies overlooking live palm trees, Clyde's of Tysons Corner sets a new standard for Clyde's. From it's first day in operation, it has drawn a huge crowd of international and residential visitors including: business people and shoppers to nearby families and Wolf Trap audiences. With decor and furnishings that invite guests to dine amidst the glory days of Art Deco, the only thing that might top the varied and extensive menu is the elaborate and sophisticated atmosphere.
Reviewed January 1, 2017

We frequent this Clyde's and attend New Years Eve every year at this location. They normally do a good job and have good service. This year was a complete nightmare. It appears to be very poor management since all the basics were a disaster. We arrived and were told to wait while they prepared the table. When we got to the table, there were place settings missing. I had to knick bread plates and silverware from an adjacent table. They didn't bring bread to the whole table, just to the one end so we had to ask twice for more bread. Once dinner was ordered, it took forever to come out, and it wasn't even very crowded. It was half empty!! My steak bled out while sitting on the plate for who knows how long. By the time I got it, it was like show leather. One of out party was sick the next day with an upset stomach. The waitress spilled champagne all over one of the members of our party. She was soaked, I believe it was like 10 full glasses. What a complete disaster! We waited forever to get the check and missed the countdown to midnight due to the waitress completely disappearing. After paying the check we left. Upon arriving home, we received a harassing call from the manager who was yelling at us accusing us of not paying the bill. Our waitress claimed that none of us paid and we skipped out while she got the check. This was a complete lie! All of our parties paid in full and have receipts to prove it!! Needless to say, this was a surreal experience and I have never in my life witnessed a level of unprofessionalism from a restaurant manager and staff. We will be filing a formal complaint with Clyde's and obviously will never go into this place again!!

2  Thank SteveL251

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Went to Clyde's of Tysons to meet with an old friend of many years. It is a good local's favorite for good reasons.
The full bar and excellent food are a real pleasure when shared with friends and loved ones.
The construction that seem to never end in this area make it a real challenge to get to, but it's worth the effort for the comfortable surroundings.
Our server, Ariana, was very cheerful and knowledgeable about the menu an drinks available, she made good recommendations and delivered our food with a cheery smile.
We chose entrees that ranged from chicken, salmon, and even grilled breast of duck. They all were well prepared and accompanied by carefully chosen sides and vegetables that made the pairings great.
The price was very affordable and the value for the meals was a welcome surprise in this area.
The locals have a real nice place to enjoy here.
Our server overheard that it was my birthday and told us of a free birthday dessert available, a very good chocolate mousse was chosen and we all shared it.
All things considered, it was a very enjoyable meal and visit, I will return next time in town.

Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

Last night I went to Clyde's for happy hour and I went within 30 minutes of them changing shifts and to the bartender's had an attitude I asked what was in one of these sangaritas and one of them just kept repeating what's in it what's in it instead of just answering the question he didn't know he told me was Brandy in it but that their general manager makes a batch every 2 to 3 days so I ordered one with no eyes and then he got an attitude because he had poured me a glass of red wine from their house wine unbeknownst to me the general manager told me there was no Brandy in the sangrita I ordered a burger and it was sent back twice because I ordered it well no pink and it kept coming out pink another manager told me he would take care of it but he didn't so at the end of the visit I explained to the general manager that the burger was still on my tab and she gave me a card to come back for a free Burger. Everybody deserves a second chance so when I'm in the area I will revisit. This visit was on the eve of Christmas Eve so you just would have thought everybody would have been more jolly!

Reviewed December 11, 2016

We made a reservation for a party of seven on a busy night in the holiday season for a family birthday. They did inquire if it was a special occasion and gave us a table for exactly the time we requested. We were both adults and teenagers and everyone found something to enjoy on the large and wide-ranging menu of mostly modern American standards with many seasonal specials. Our server was prompt and pleasant. Particular favorites were the calamari starter, crispy and tender; the shredded Brussels sprout salad; and the soups (French onion and chowder). We liked the complementary bread service. For entrees the teens had good sized burgers that were served with fries--others enjoyed a good Cubano sandwich, and the delicious crab cake served over a farro and sweet potato pilaf. Clydes is known for their burgers and their crab cakes and these did not disappoint. The burgers were prepared as ordered and the crab cake was jumbo lump and tasted fresh (although at this time of year it was probably not local crab, it was just as good as the crab cakes I remember getting at Clydes many years ago with my dad). Some of us tried desserts, including chocolate mousse, pumpkin cannolis, and a caramel Blondie (my favorite) that arrived with a candle and the birthday song being sung! The only less than excellent item was the decaf coffee, which was good tasting but not quite hot enough in very small cups. The restaurant and parking lot were both packed full, and right now construction makes it hard to find off the main road. But the valet parking was prompt and FREE. Inside the place was really bustling with holiday parties. The noise level was high but not really excessive for a weekend night, we were able to converse down the table. Overall, Clydes is at the high end of dressy casual in terms of price, but we were well taken care of.

Maureen H, General Manager at Clyde's of Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review on Trip Advisor about your experience with us at Clyde's of Tysons. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience, service and meal. What could we do to earn 5 stars from you? I welcome any feedback that you might have. Thank you for your time and your loyal patronage.

Victoria Gradia
Clyde's of Tysons
vgradia@clydes.com

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

Made a reservation on OpenTable for 9:30 p.m. Arrived around 9:15 and the restaurant was busy but not super. Upon arrival, there was no host/hostess at the checkin station. Waited approximately 10-15 minutes before a gentleman arrived at the desk and asked how many? I'm pretty sure he only showed up because a young man at the bar kept turning around and looking at us. He finally got up and went to the back and this person showed up. Nevertheless, our seriver was awesome but not awesome enough for me to go back. I will stick to Clyde's downtown .... they're busy but their customer service is on point.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Clyde's of Tysons on TripAdivisor. I would like to sincerely apologize that you were not greeted promptly upon arrival. You should have absolutely been graciously greeted in a fast manner right when you walked in the door. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and server once you got seated. I plan on sharing your feedback with my management team to make sure that there is always someone up front to greet our guests quickly. Once again, I apologize that this did not happen on your visit.

I welcome any further feedback you may have about your dining experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out. I do hope that you will give us another try someday.

I look forward to your response.

Victoria Gradia