“Long-time reliable favorite”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 123
Transit: West Falls Church Metro
Description: Situated in one of the most coveted living and commercial areas in the US, this Art Deco-inspired roadhouse stands atop a bluff above the crossroads connecting Washington, DC and Northern Virginia. With four dining rooms, two kitchens and balconies overlooking live palm trees, Clyde's of Tysons Corner sets a new standard for Clyde's. From it's first day in operation, it has drawn a huge crowd of international and residential visitors including: business people and shoppers to nearby families and Wolf Trap audiences. With decor and furnishings that invite guests to dine amidst the glory days of Art Deco, the only thing that might top the varied and extensive menu is the elaborate and sophisticated atmosphere.
Reviewed December 11, 2016

We made a reservation for a party of seven on a busy night in the holiday season for a family birthday. They did inquire if it was a special occasion and gave us a table for exactly the time we requested. We were both adults and teenagers and everyone found something to enjoy on the large and wide-ranging menu of mostly modern American standards with many seasonal specials. Our server was prompt and pleasant. Particular favorites were the calamari starter, crispy and tender; the shredded Brussels sprout salad; and the soups (French onion and chowder). We liked the complementary bread service. For entrees the teens had good sized burgers that were served with fries--others enjoyed a good Cubano sandwich, and the delicious crab cake served over a farro and sweet potato pilaf. Clydes is known for their burgers and their crab cakes and these did not disappoint. The burgers were prepared as ordered and the crab cake was jumbo lump and tasted fresh (although at this time of year it was probably not local crab, it was just as good as the crab cakes I remember getting at Clydes many years ago with my dad). Some of us tried desserts, including chocolate mousse, pumpkin cannolis, and a caramel Blondie (my favorite) that arrived with a candle and the birthday song being sung! The only less than excellent item was the decaf coffee, which was good tasting but not quite hot enough in very small cups. The restaurant and parking lot were both packed full, and right now construction makes it hard to find off the main road. But the valet parking was prompt and FREE. Inside the place was really bustling with holiday parties. The noise level was high but not really excessive for a weekend night, we were able to converse down the table. Overall, Clydes is at the high end of dressy casual in terms of price, but we were well taken care of.

Maureen H, General Manager at Clyde's of Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review on Trip Advisor about your experience with us at Clyde's of Tysons. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience, service and meal. What could we do to earn 5 stars from you? I welcome any feedback that you might have. Thank you for your time and your loyal patronage.

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

Made a reservation on OpenTable for 9:30 p.m. Arrived around 9:15 and the restaurant was busy but not super. Upon arrival, there was no host/hostess at the checkin station. Waited approximately 10-15 minutes before a gentleman arrived at the desk and asked how many? I'm pretty sure he only showed up because a young man at the bar kept turning around and looking at us. He finally got up and went to the back and this person showed up. Nevertheless, our seriver was awesome but not awesome enough for me to go back. I will stick to Clyde's downtown .... they're busy but their customer service is on point.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us at Clyde's of Tysons on TripAdivisor. I would like to sincerely apologize that you were not greeted promptly upon arrival. You should have absolutely been graciously greeted in a fast manner right when you walked in the door. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and server once you got seated. I plan on sharing your feedback with my management team to make sure that there is always someone up front to greet our guests quickly. Once again, I apologize that this did not happen on your visit.

I welcome any further feedback you may have about your dining experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out. I do hope that you will give us another try someday.

I look forward to your response.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

Had Thanksgiving dinner here and the offered specials for the holiday were very good and reasonably priced. Turkey dinner had everything you could ask for and plenty of it. Pumpkin ravioli was good too. They fell short on the desserts - pumpkin pie was no better than Mrs. Smiths - maybe it was. The apple pie was better. Service was good but the wait person wasn't as attentive as she should have been and never asked if we wanted coffee/tea with our dessert.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us from Thanksgiving. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your turkey dinner. Our chefs do a fantastic job of putting out a great plate. I will absolutely share your comments about the pies to our chef team. I can assure you that our desserts are house made.

If you have any more feedback regarding your server or service, please feel free to email me. I welcome feedback as it can only help us with future training.

I look forward to your response.

Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Great dining experience. Both the raw and grilled oysters were fresh, well prepared, and delicious! I had the short rib for dinner. It was amazing. I would definitely recommend it and plan to return for it again in the future. On the contrary, however, my husband was not happy with the trout dish.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us here at Clyde's of Tysons. We have such an incredible oyster program and I do agree, our grilled oysters and raw oysters are always fresh and delicious. I am sorry to hear that your husband did not enjoy the trout. We are in the process of changing several of our dishes on the dinner menu and I am sure the next time you visit, your husband will find a dish that he loves. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are in need of any assistance.

Reviewed November 25, 2016

Romantic, private dinner for two. Dining room has fireplace and one is surrounded by multiple murals with an interesting history. Lovely evening with delicious food and excellent service.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your romantic dinner for two here with us at Clyde's of Tysons. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you. We greatly appreciate your loyal patronage.