“Good hotel in metro DC area - by Alagappan”

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Vienna, Virginia
“Good hotel in metro DC area - by Alagappan”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The room is clean, very spacious with kitchen. All the staff members (Tonya, Karen, Lee and their manager) are friendly, flexible enough and helpful. Also, they acted very quickly and resolved it when I brought up issue with hair dryer instrument in the room. I can recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room and your fully equipped kitchen. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff, especially Tonya, Karen and Lee, to be friendly and helpful. I apologize that you experienced an issue with your hair dryer; however, I am happy that we were able to resolve the issue right away. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The overall experience was great but our heat did not work in the room. The room was clean, very spacious, and although we got a smoking room it had no foul smell. The staff was friendly and helpful with finding us a local restaurant to eat at. I would recommend this hotel to other just make sure you heat is functioning.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I’m glad that your clean, spacious room met your travel needs. It’s also great to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. It is our goal to provide outstanding customer service and I am pleased that we met that goal. Still, we apologize that the heater did not work. I met with the staff and we will check every unit to ensure that the heat issue is not repeated.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me, at tyc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Hartsdale, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and found the staff friendly. The place was clean with nice channel line up on the cable subscription. Breakfast was a disappointment but coffee was great. All in all a good stay. I am rating this as average because of the other breakfast, lunch and dinner options were quite limited in the vicinity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Harvard17
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Thank you for your kind comments about the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and our staff's friendly service. Still I am very sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature at our hotel, so we will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to it in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Weston, West Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Not terribly fancy, but very clean and comfortable. The room was tasteful with alternating tan and hunter green walls. Although I didn't use the kitchenette, the appliances available was not much less than you find in a home; the two-burner stove was more than plenty. I used the free "low speed" wi-fi but faster speeds were available for a reasonable fee.

The staff was very pleasant and professional. Pride of appearance and sense of professionalism was obvious.

This facility is clearly well run and very well managed. Attention to the the little things are evident.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Paul - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff, the pride they take in their work, and the overall cleanliness of the property. I will be sure to share your review with the team.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was in the VA area on extended business (3 weeks) and wanted more than a hotel room. This was a great alternative. Nice size room, with plenty of space to stretch out. Kitchenette (Fridge, microwave) was great, avoided forcing me to eat out every night. Quiet environment, close to main roads and restaurants, but far enough away to eliminate the traffic noise.

Staff was very friendly and appreciated a good joke. Margaret, Julia, Tracy ... thanks.

Only negatives were the expensive on-site laundry facilities, no workout facilities on-site and the once a week maid service. But Golds Gym nearby is available (free to guests) and extra towels and linens are available at front desk (if you needed them). Bed was typical chain hotel comfort level.

Excellent value for the dollar ... I would stay there again.
Check-in and Check-out process was quick and easy.

Room Tip: Full size refrigerator was a surprise along with the full strength Microwave. Shower water pressur...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Keith - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Thank you for the kind comments about your experience with us; however, we apologize that the water pressure in your shower was unsatisfactory. In response to your feedback, I am working with our maintenance staff to ensure this is optimal for all of our guests moving forward.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at tyc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My room was a well-maintained efficiency apartment. All furniture and appliances were clean and in perfect working order. The air conditioning was set comfortably. The amenities you expect from a hotel were provided.
Julia at the front desk got me through the check-in process quickly and efficiently in a very courteous and professional manner. She was also a great help at identifying places to eat, etc., including providing menus.
I would highly recommend this location. It was perfect for my needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Ron - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about Julia at the front desk and the appliances in the room. I am sharing your review with Julia and my team. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed October 7, 2013

What a great find. All the other hotels in the area were $50+ higher and not as accommodating. Super clean, great service & Love the kitchenette! Julia greeted me with enthusiasm even though it was nearly 11pm and knew of a restaurant w/in walking distance that would still be open to grab a late night bite. I'll be staying there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Duran J
Duran - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about the service and the cleanliness of the hotel. Also, I am pleased that you found our fully equipped kitchen an added value to your stay. I am sharing your review with Julia and the rest of our team. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very happy to hear that we achieved that goal during your stay.