“Great Greek Food in the NOVA Suburbs”
Review of Nostos

Nostos
Reserve with OpenTable
Nostos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Leesburg pike
Description: .
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Nostos serves very fresh and delicious Greek traditional dishes. I typically do not eat dessert at Greek establishments, because chocolate is important to me and there is rarely any chocolate. However... at Nostos the desserts are worth it. For example, the shredded phyllo dough stuffed with walnuts and honey, served with ice cream, is wonderful and satisfies my sweet tooth.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had to circle around a few times before I found the restaurant (the sign was not lighted and it's set back from Leesburg Pike in an office building). Once inside, we were greeted warmly by the hostess and the service continued to be professional and gracious throughout our meal. We shared several appetizers (fried greek cheese, zucchini with tzatziki and an eggplant spread with pita). All were delicious. Everyone had a cocktail and agreed that their bartender knows how to make a good drink. For entrees, there were a few whole branzinos and several lamb dishes, all of which were superb...simple marinades which enhanced the flavors of the meat or fish rather than hiding them. We even shared a few desserts which were typical but yummy. One word of warning on the greek coffee...it comes in tiny cups and is quite grainy. If you don't drink it all quickly, it becomes congealed and looks like a lump of chocolate pudding.
We arrived on the early side and were the 2nd ones in the dining room so noise wasn't an issue but by the time we left, the dining room was full and more "lively." I wouldn't say the noise was a problem for us.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Excellant service. Excellant food. Great fish whole or portioned all done simply as I like it with salt and lemon. Extensive Greek wine list with good advice on translatting types. Service will debone for you if needed. Nice atmosphere. A hidden gem. Great for amorous couples or business. Try the fish roe mouse and other mezze options. Better than Alexandria option. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have eaten here numerous times, which is the best indication we like the food. And I have written a favorable review some time ago. I continue to rate the food somewhere between very good and excellent. The major problem the customers have complained about here is the noise. In August the restaurant took steps to absorb the din. Our visit confirmed that progress had been made, although we have not visited on a weekend when the noise is typically at its highest. However, this time it was not the noise but the service that was the major concern. Our server was Savvas. Our party of 4 ordered 9 middle-sized dishes; he brought 8 of them out and dumped them on us simultaneously. Unfortunately, we did not think to ask that the dishes be staggered so that we could enjoy them hot and with some time to savor and digest. Other waiters have asked us about this issue so that the dishes could be served in some reasonable manner. But not Savvas.
Since this is a problem that could repeat itself, as it is common for customers to order these Greek "tapas" and share them, I encourage patrons to be alert and take steps against getting overwhelmed with everything served at once. The experience is similar to having all your courses at a regular restaurant served simultaneously. Not a good experience, in my opinion. Also, I assume that if one ordered one appetizer and one main entree, they would not be served together. But if you order everything from one section of the menu, that's fine; but be sure to structure how the dishes are to be served.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant and it was a great find! The leg of lamb was tender and perfectly cooked. My salad was fresh and delicious. as you approach the restaurant there are great garden containers full of fresh herbs, peppers and tomatoes. I don't know if that is what was actually used but it tasted like it could have been fresh picked.

Service was spot on.