“Fantastic Place to Stay with a Great Value”

DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My wife & I travel to northern Virginia on a monthly basis ... the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner is always our #1 choice in hotel when we are in the area. The staff is fantastic especially Soo & Mesfan (front desk personnel). The entire hotel experience is Great!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaTC, Management at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2009

Hello downboat,
First and foremost, we just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. All reviews are important to us, so when we receive great feedback, especially stating that we are your #1 choice in hotel in Tysons…we are ecstatic! We are so glad that you have had a great experience with us each time you stay and we certainly look forward to seeing you both in many more future stays. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please don’t hesitate to let Soo, Mesfin, and any of the staff members know how we can make your stay even better. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Team

Reviewed August 1, 2009

After having read reviews of this hotel before staying here, I had pretty high expectations. Fortunately, the Crowne Plaza lived up to the hype. While my interaction with the staff was limited to checking in, everyone at the reception desk was friendly and helpful. The room was nicer than I expected, and appeared to have been recently remodeled. The lobby and rest of the hotel seemed nice, and the wireless internet (free w/ Priority Club Membership) was perhaps the fastest I have ever encountered in a hotel. About the only complaint I could have about the place was the noisy air-conditioning unit, and I'm pretty sure that's the case at every hotel w/ individual room units. Overall it was a pleasant, trouble-free 4 night stay in a place that really seems to care about customer service. I will definitely stay here again, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Tyson's area. (An additional plus - you can walk to Clyde's for happy hour burgers and wings!)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank gzimmer1
CrownePlazaTC, Owner and Management at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

Hi gzimmer1 -

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us in July. We are glad that you chose our hotel based on other reviews you read and even more thrilled that we met up to your expectations. These reviews certainly help us in guest satisfaction and although the noisy air-conditioning unit was the only issue during your stay, it will certainly be addressed!

We hope you will remain a guest with us at the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.

Best Regards,
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Management Team

Reviewed June 29, 2009

No complaints. Great service from all the staff. The lifeguards at the pool are especially attentive with the kids. Plenty of parking too.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Hello f220,
So glad you could stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Tysons hotel. We’re glad you and your family enjoyed our hotel and the amenities we had to offer. We hope that next time you are in the Tysons Corner area for business or another family trip, that we have the pleasure of having you stay with us and that we can make your next stay even better.

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner Management Team

Reviewed June 29, 2009

My wife and I stayed here in late June, 2009. It is a little hard to find, but so is everything else in the Tyson's area. We got a great price since we used Priceline.

Once inside, we were treated very kindly by the front desk, given a great, spacious and clean room. They have a free shuttle to Tyson's mall, which we would've used but we were seeing a late movie and the shuttle stops running at 10pm. We enjoyed the pool, but the hotub was closed and the lifeguard was very rude to me. Apparently, any kind of jumping into the pool (even in the 8ft. section) is considered "diving" and will result in getting yelled at, very condescendingly, but a very mean lifeguard. Even the other guests supported me in that it was very uncalled for.

Other than that, we enjoyed our one night at this hotel.

1  Thank MattBrown81
CrownePlazaTC, Owner/Management at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

Hi MattBsoul,

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback in your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your visit to the hotel and for taking the time to submit a review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the unneccessary behavior you experienced from one of the staff members. We have made sure to address this situation with our pool company to ensure that this does not happen again.

Again, thank you very much for your posting; and hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner

Reviewed June 25, 2009

The staff was very friendly upon our arrival. Our room was on the executive side and was very clean and nicely decorated. We were in town to attend a cocktail party and were grateful for the large bathroom so that we could both get ready at the same time.

Upon our return home I realized I left a Sephora bag (a store at Tysons Corner) in our room. When I called the hotel, a staff member located my item with housekeeping and was very willing to mail it to me at my home. I received the item today in perfect shape. I can only imagine how many hotels would have just ignored my plea and thrown the item away.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

This hotel is a keeper for any business or personal trip. As a business owner, its tough to find a hotel to accomodate our volatile schedule. Our plans constantly change and the Crown Plaza is able to acomodate this. They did not penalize us (as other hotels do) for day of reservation cancels. They offer a free shuttle service to immediate surrounding attractions. Room service could not be faster. And I always get the feeling that they appreciate our business. The staff is friendly and feel that we are cattered to. I could not be more pleased.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
CrownePlazaTC, Owner and Management at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

Hi Goss465 -

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback in your TripAdvisor review. We truly appreciate your visit to the hotel and for taking the time to submit a review.

Knowing that most of our guests are here on a quite overloaded schedule, we try our best to balance promptness and diligent customer service.

We are thrilled you had a great experience at our hotel, and we hope you will always remain a guest with us at the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you again for posting!

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner

Reviewed June 10, 2009

I was at this hotel for business, and the room was quite nice. Hosuekeeping people were very friendly and helpful, and the building is very pretty inside, but squeezed between other hotels outside. I was most pleased! i only wish you didn't have to pay for internet in the rooms.