WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
uk
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Arrived 27th aug and was given room 253. Check in was quick, fast and friendly. The bar area was quiet at around 4 pm when I went fr food. Had hot chicken wings and a salad. This along with two glasses of red wine came to $30 ish including service. Room was well appointed. Shame about te slamming doors , a design fault rather than a hotel problem. Staff are most helpful and friendly.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Tyson's corner July 18-20. This place is a great value on the weekends. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help at all times. There is a mall that you can walk to across the street which offers a lot of choice ls in terms of both shopping and dining. Parking at the hotel was free and plentiful.

Check in
Quick and accompanied by sparking wine

Room -
great for our dog!!
Clean
Comfortable bed
Mini fridge

We were given a room on the first floor to accommodate our dog. There were sliding glass doors that lead to an area where the pets can run around. We didn't even have to take our dog tour through the lobby because of the set up. It was more than I could have hoped for!

The hotel itself was clean and decor was up to date. There was an indoor pool on site in addition to the fitness room. There was also a restaurant/pub that served standard pub favorites. Food was okay, service was great. I'd advise trying one of the many restaurants across the street unless you just don't feel like leaving the premises.

Beware: the prices for the coffee and refreshments are a bit high ($4.50 or $5 for a single serve orange juice), but that's the price of convenience I suppose.

All in all, I would return if I needed to stay in the area again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ctbnyc
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

About 12 of us traveled in on a government business trip to stay at thie hotel. We were able to get a room within per diem, that included free breakfast (full hot breakfast.) We even were able to reserve the separate breakfast room in the back so we could eat together. I appreciated the free parking and easily in walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Within walking distance of new Silver Line Washington DC metro. Room was adequate for my needs; quiet room on the eighth floor. Decent free wifi - with ability to upgrade for a nominal fee. Workout room was good....about seven treadmills/elliptical machines. I did not try the free indoor pool. We ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner, sitting just outside the restaurant in the fresh August air. The food was good…service was a little slow. Front desk personnel and maids were friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JoVo19
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night - group of five up to visit family and see a little of D.C. The manager at the front desk, Soo Kim, is my hero. She helped me solve my several little problems unrelated to the hotel and made the trip so much better - and she seemed to know all the guests coming and going. The hotel is in a great location in relation to the malls and the new Silver Line, and the weekend rates are quite reasonable, and we walked to Clyde's for dinner. If there is a next time, we'll stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
2 Thank swvalaw
New york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed a few nights with my kids. We had 2 double beds. It was a cramped room and bathroom. Everything about the hotel was great, except for the mattresses. They are so light, and shift off the box spring very easily. Very soft no back support, we woke up with stiff backs everyday. They really should consider upgrading to something more comfortable. Other than that, we loved the location, style, cleanliness, restaurant, service and price! Great lap pool and free wifi

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank 567lovetotravel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Nothing to write home about. Rooms are humid and musty despite running the air conditioning the whole time. Also, the room seemed to have a couple of flies in it which is pretty annoying and unsightly. I'm happy to only be staying for one night. The hotel is affordable, if I were planning a longer stay I would go elsewhere.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Maram M
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I travel a great deal for business and recreation. This is the second tome I have stayed at the Crown Plaza. Because of changing business plans, I made many requests on the staff and each time my requests, including extending my stay and changing rooms, were meet with efficiency, courtesy and good will. I would like to especially like to recognize Brittany, who went out of her way to insure that every thing was satisfactory.

We'll done and thank you.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ends of the hotel.