“I am in love.....”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“I am in love.....”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This Hotel is Nothing short of Amazing..... I fell in love, the decor, the Gym, pool,on site bar, comfortable room with free Wi fi.....and the Wonderful Hotel Clerk MINA.... This man is friendly, hospitable, and so welcoming!
Hands down I would stay again... I'm in love with this Crowne Plaza!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank PerksCORT
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear “PerksCORT”;
I was so happy to read the review of your most recent stay and how excited you were. This shows that we can give guests what they expect plus a little bit more. Your comments will be reviewed with our team and Mina will be recognized at our staff meeting for going above and beyond. We were glad that you were able to enjoy our amenities and look forward to a return visit from you.

Yours in Hospitality,
Trish Drews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during a storm in the DC area. The front desk staff were great when I checked in.
Room was fine until I tried the radio/alarm clock. It did not work. I called the front desk. Someone was there in 5 minutes. They couldnt get it to work so said they would contact Engineering. I called the front desk 30 minutes later to ask where the engineer was. He appeared in a few minutes and replaced.
It was incredibly noisy in the room. I was on the first floor. Lots of noise from rooms on either side and from the snow plows. The heat was inconsistent; I was unable to get the heater to provide consistent heat. It WAS very cold outside. The alternating hot and cold air from the heater, combined with the noise, did not provide for a great night's sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor
1 Thank antshe
Dear “antshe”;
I was disappointed to read your recent review of your stay at our hotel. My Chief Engineer will be following up with his team in order to improve our response time to guest needs and will ensure that all heating units are in working order prior to check in. Thank you for the positive comments regarding our front desk staff and I will be sure to let our team know.

kansas city
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two night this past week and found it was a nice place to stay. The hotel staff was VERY courteous and helpful from check in to check out! There were two people at the front desk during our check in (sorry that I didn't catch their names) but the girl was energetic with a great smile and the guy was helpful in answering our questions about where to eat, etc. Other staff helped with getting a taxi, printing an updated bill and adding charges to our room from the convenience shop. The hotel wasn't busy that we could tell.

When we travel, we put a Do Not Disturb card on the door as we prefer not to have room service. The staff slipped a note under the door saying we could request it if needed and left a follow up voice message letting us know if we needed anything replace such as shampoo, etc., we could just contact the front desk.
Other points:
Because this was an expenses-paid trip, I don't know a lot about the actual hotel costs.
The breakfast buffet, was reasonably priced and excellent, especially the salmon, fruit and biscuits.
My hubs said the desk chair was very comfortable.
Everything was clean and nicely decorated
The bed was awesome and the room quiet even being close to a cross-intersection.

The reasons I don't rate this a 5:
The room we were in had some ceiling damage in one corner
The tub wasn't long enough for a relaxing bath that I really needed during this trip
There was not a soda machine on our floor. (There may have been on others, but I did not check this).
The public areas - lobby and hallway - were really cold (to be somewhat expected in winter with automatic doors).
There didn't appear to be a lot to do around the hotel other than two malls, but to be fair, we didn't go wandering around because of the weather.

Green Features: The room had a recycle trash can in the room which was appreciated.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brendagoulding
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear “vacationjunkie2”;

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your most recent stay at our hotel. Your positive comments are appreciated by all and we will recognize our departmental teams at our meetings. Your observations regarding the ceiling will be addressed and we will make sure our staff does a better job of informing all guests of vending areas and all there is to do around Tysons Corner. We look forward to a future visit by you when the weather is warmer and you can experience much more of our area as well as enjoy the amenities we offer.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently stayed here for a Business Trip and had a wonderful experience! Every staff member I came across was willing to go above and beyond to help out - some of the best customer service I have experienced at a Hotel. Additionally, the rooms were clean, and comfortable with plenty of room.

We also stopped by the bar on the first level, O'Malley's. I was pleasantly surprised that not only did they have great drinks, but the bar was also very lively for a Monday night!

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and would absolutely be happy to stay there again!

1 Thank Cari W
Reviewed January 29, 2014

As most reviews indicate, this hotel is very conveniently located across from the Tyson's Galleria. I will agree with that wholeheartedly, but other than that, this is a very average hotel. I made a reservation at this hotel online through their Crowne Plaza website, which features a tool enabling you to chat with a live representative. The representative I chatted with offered me a king suite with some other amenities for a great price, so I provided her my info in agreement, and was very much looking forward to my visit. When the email confirmation she sent me was for a standard room, I took a screenshot of our chat agreement for the king suite thinking I was covered. However, when I checked in the next day, mentioned this to the gentleman at the front desk, and showed him the screenshot, he told me he was sorry he could not give me the suite for that price and that he had never heard of such a chat tool. He was apparently shocked that this chat tool even existed, and several times explained that he would not honor the terms agreed upon in this mysterious chat. I patiently explained that this was not good customer service practice, at which point he, as the manager, begrudgingly agreed to give me the king suite while explaining that its usually reserved for their elite members, as if I was regrettably depriving these individuals of a room. When I got to my room, I was very disappointed. The suite was a very bare bones dark room with only a small window. Had I been staying for a day, this would be a non issue. But I was preparing for a week-long stay and this room was not inviting and not nearly as luxurious as the stock photos suggest. Without unpacking, I checked out within 30 min of arriving. The manager was kind enough not to charge me for the room, but was not sorry. I checked in at the Hilton instead for an equally-priced and beautiful standard room and 10 times better customer service and professionalism. Again, I don't have anything glaringly negative to say about the Crowne Plaza - it was average, conveniently located, included what I imagine to be a decent breakfast, and somewhere affordable to hang your hat if you're not spending much time in the room.

Dear “treyfish”;
I was disappointed to read your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that you did not get what you expected and will review with our front office staff the proper procedures for double-checking reservations and guest requests. I will also follow-up with our Crowne Plaza website to make sure we are offering the correct information to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to fill out your review.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Great location for both business and leisure. Very close to business district. Tysons Corner shopping mall is very large and got almost everything.
Great services from very nice employees.
Hotel facilities are in good condition.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank S G
Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This Hotel has by far the finest staff I have had the privilege to serve me. I have been traveling for work over the last ten years and every opportunity I get I stay here. From the kitchen staff to the front desk when I arrive and throughout my stay they treat me like family. The bar is reasonably priced with great bartenders and servers. The pool is world class with a real gym ( for me a big plus). I plan on continuing my stays whenever I am in the area for work and pleasure. Thanks to all who have made my stay and my family's enjoyable.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel. 7th is the quietest
Green Features: They practice not just attempt to be environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Hycin T
Dear “Hycin T”;

I appreciate your 5-Star review of your many visits to our hotel. Your comments make me very proud and I have shared them with our staff. We do strive to give our guests more than they expect and it shows that our training is working well. We look forward to your return visits as we are definitely your home away from home.
Yours in hospitality,

Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#7 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!