“Great”

DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We loved this hotel. The location was very good. Close to everything. The Service was great, the manager went the extra mile to make sure we were happy. Nice, modern rooms. Very clean. HUGE pool, but the hot tub wasn't working while we were there. Breakfast was good. The price was great for the quality. I plan to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca C

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location is convenient to Tyson's Corner, McLean and DC, though difficult to get into because of road design. The rooms are adequate but small, as are the bathrooms. This was an old Holiday Inn that was redecorated and renamed. There is a musty odor in the hallways and the rooms, though it appears to be clean. New carpet might improve this issue. The air-conditioning produces a blast of cold air when it comes on, but the room alternates between stuffy and freezing. There is an in-room one cup coffeemaker, but no mini-frig or microwave. It does have a good wi-fi connection. We were told that breakfast was included when we booked but found out the next morning that our booking did not include breakfast as expected. We went elsewhere. The fitness center is very nice, well-equipped and was much appreciated. The pool was a highlight--the one advantage of an old facility is an enormous indoor pool that ranges from 3-8.5 feet, as well as super powerful jets in the hot tub. This made up for the musty smell elsewhere! However, it is only open during limited hours when a lifeguard is on duty. O'Malley's, the restaurant and sports bar, had fairly slow service but good food and beer. The staff in O'Malley's was much friendlier than the staff at the desk or in the Tuscan Grille, where we were turned away for breakfast after the front desk telling us that it was included. Know what you are getting, enjoy the pool and know that you are getting an average room in an older building.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Liz8910
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Liz8910,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience as this will help us to improve future guest stays. I am sorry that your time with us did not meet the standards we strive to achieve. I certainly appreciate your comments about your guestroom and experience in our restaurant and was very happy to hear that you enjoyed our state of the art fitness center and indoor pool.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you we value your business and that we can do it right.

General Manager.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

So many changes have taken place in the past two months. I have been staying at the Crown Plaza Tysons Corner for the past 4 years on business for Hair Club. We have one more stay scheduled in two weeks and that will be the last. I will miss my Crown Plaza (Tysons Corner) family (Cofield, Sue, both Meenas, Abraham, Akrim, and Keith). If i left anyone out please forgive me. I am terrible at remembering names. Personally, I think all of you made my stay there feel like home away from home. I will miss all of you. We love you guys. Alright, enough of the mushy stuff...hehehe. The only hotel amenity missing are microwaves in each room. Other than that i have no complaints. Peace.

1  Thank sweetberryred
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights for a business trip. Very good hotel with reseanble price.Everything is bove the avrege, staff are very nice and riendly. Rooms are clean and nicely decoratred. sleeping and bed were comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mohammed Q
Reviewed May 10, 2013

No privacy in this hotel, I sit in the lobby playing Ipad while waiting for my friends to pick me up. The front desk STOP most of the person that walk in to hotel lobby and ask them where he or she is going? What room number and what is the last name the person in that room? WHAT??? Really??? I never heard such thing like that but I heard it with my own ears while I'm sitting there.

If this is a cheap MOTEL, I can understand that. But Crowne Plaza is one of the Major Hotel in US. Anyone have the same issue with this hotel? Post it or write a review about that. I think Crowne Plaza Tysons Corners, VA Violated Hotel's Guest Privacy policy by doing that.

2  Thank Thomas W
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Thomas W,

I appreciate you reviewing our hotel and we are sorry to give you the impression you spoke about. Our intent is to ensure that the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance and this is one of the ways we strive to make sure that our guests are taken care of as many do appreciate our concern.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is a great hotel. Close to great shopping and attractions. We just enjoyed the HUGE indoor pool and the Irish pub. The staff was very friendly and we really enjoyed the weekend. We enjoyed the pub in the hotel as well. The in room coffee was not great and we would have enjoyed better coffee service, but there was a starbucks across the street,

Room Tip: We had a king size bed and it made the room seem a little small. The bathroom had a very small count...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lou F
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for a couple of nights. Everything average, except the staff, who are very friendly and helpful. A bit of a motel feel about it, but the rooms are functional and clean and have everything you need. The gym is ok but could do with some new equipment.
The bed was definately comfortable and I had a fantastic night sleep, which after all, is what a hotel is for! The bar is lively most evenings and again the staff are cheery and friendly.

Good location across from the Tyson's one & two malls.

2  Thank M D
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear MD,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that our staff is very friendly and that you were able to enjoy a great nights sleep. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests get what they expect plus a little bit more and your comments regarding our staff show that our training and commitment to excellence are working well.
Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our area.

Yours in Hospitality,