“Excellent service says it all”

Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent service says it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We usually stay at the Hilton or Hyatt but we gave Crowne Plaza a try after seeing some positive reviews. The service was outstanding! The hotel was fully booked for the weekend with a wedding and a few corporate events but the front desk (Elaine, Mina, and another gentleman) were just amazing. I, being the idiot boyfriend that I am, made a mistake in the booking (completely my fault) and booked a smaller room for 2 adults. I asked if there was anything that could be done and they made it happen. They were fast, friendly, and professional. They moved me to a larger room (even while they were super busy checking people in) and even offered to help me move my luggage. They made it so easy and, well, so hospitable! This is the type of service that makes you want to come back; the type of service that other hotels should aspire to.

Thank you Elaine and Mina!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a grueling drive through the nether regions of DC, I arrived at the hotel my company booked for a meeting. Over $300 bucks with taxes for this room. I was placed in a room with connecting doors. The noise from the neighbors was ridiculous. The room service menu has outdated prices, at least 2 of the offerings were underpriced based on what was charged to the room. I complained and they comped the difference. But the true horror was the bathroom! There was hair in the sink! There was a wormy little insect in the toilet!! There was NO WORKING SHOWER in my room!!! Not a drop of water came out of the faucet!! Since I woke up early due to the racket in the room next door, I had time to bird bathe at the sink. If I had risen at my normal time, there is no way I could have gone to Plan B for bathing and been on time. I told front desk about the hair, the bug, the SHOWER, and the guy showed no concern and gave no price reduction whatsoever. His comment was if I had notified them the night before I would have been moved. When I check in to a hotel I do not go straight to the shower and cut it on. Believe you me, I will do that from now on! And I will not EVER recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear TJTarheel,

I was distressed to read your unsatisfactory stay with us. I would like to apologize for not meeting your needs while you were here.
Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we may resolve them with our team. We look forward to serving you in the near future to show that we can do it right.

Trish Drews
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I like this hotel. Staff extremely friendly. Located near excellent restaurants and shopping malls. Not far either from Dulles International. Small gym. Indoor pool. Cosy bar. Hotel has a courtesy bus also that takes guests to nearby locations

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony R
Landisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We wanted to go to Washington to see the cherry blossoms and found an incredible deal here! It was our first stay,, but we will definitely be back. Friendly, helpful service all around, free shuttle service to the metro, free parking, easy access to the hotel without tons of traffic, mall & restaurants directly across the street. Very clean. Pool & hot tub (although we were too tired to use it)! Fantastic food at O'Malleys Pub right at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

From the minute we arrived we were full of giggles jokes and all. We were greeted by a very friendly and patient guest services rep. We told him we were hear for fun, laughs and shopping and he assured us that we would have a comfortable and great stay. He went over all the amenities (restaurants, swimming pool, fitness center and shuttle). He gave us our room keys and told us to call if we have any problems. We left out for awhile and when we returned he asked asked us how our evening was and wished us a good night. Our room was spotless and very up to date just as we viewed on line. The second night we came in and Mina remembered us and asked us how our stay had been up to that point. We all at one time said "great". We all laughed he laughed with us. We forgot to bring a wine opener and when we ordered room service they offered to open our bottle for us. Room service delivered our food in 20 minutes opened our wine and did it with a smile. Crowne Plaza must have a culture of customer service throughout because every staff person we came in contact with was great to us. Very friendly conscientious staff. If I could give more than 5 rating I would. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in a lot of states and other countries and this is one of the best ever. Thank you Crowne Plaze for a great stat!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in the area overnight for a real estate closing, and the hotel was very conveniently located for our purpose. Our room was extremely attractive, comfortable and clean. Handicapped bathroom was very well-designed and equipped. Amenities very nice, including sleep aids. We had dinner at the hotel pub with complimentary glasses of wine and beer. Reuben sandwich excellent. Breakfast buffet also excellent with choices you don't often find elsewhere. Hotel staff could not have been any nicer or more efficient. We felt that the Crowne Plaza was a terrific value for the money and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Tyson's Corners area. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this Crowne Plaza for about 5 months (Mon-Thurs) for business travel. The staff is very friendly, accommodating, and get to know you very quickly. The workout room is a bit small, but can handle a decent "travel" workout. Co-workers also used to run outside in the area, which is perfectly safe from our experience. The pool is clean and a good size for laps. The area can be very congested during rush hour, but is close to the highway and easy to get to different parts of VA or into DC. During my extended stay, they were updating most of the rooms, which was nice when you got one.

Room Tip: The three story side is better than the tower for executive style rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Jeffrey G,

Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#7 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner

Been to Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!