“Ok hotel.....”

DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stay here for work....rooms clean, indoor pool, ok small gym. Friendly staff. Bar ok, cheap beer, good chicken wings/tenders....nothing much round here, but you can walk to the mall...if you are quick enough to run across the roads..people don't walk in the USA!!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Although the 2-bed room is rather small (especially the bathroom), it was updated and clean. You could tell walking through through the halls that the hotel has been around for awhile but it was kept up well. Although there is a lot of road construction going on at this time, it's still easy to get around the area, near Dulles airport, fancy and outlet shopping, Wolf Trap. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stay at the Crowne Plaza at least once a month for 3 - 5 nights. Trish Drews (GM) has a superior staff who makes our stay pleasant and restful. From the moment we walk in, the staff welcomes us with a pleasant "by name" greeting and continues to inquire about us throughout our stay. The front desk staff managed by the energetic and always smiling Soo Kim is absolutely the best. Her staff provides quick and courteous check-in and excellent advice on local attractions. Mesfin and Cofield are the consummate professionals, as are Jonathan and Jospheen. The shuttle drivers Akrem and Mina are friendly, informative and punctual.

The property is well maintained with an inviting lobby, and the rooms are nicely decorated with comfortable beds and a cozy chair. The internet service was recently upgraded and worked great. The indoor pool is enjoyable and the fitness room is well maintained. The breakfast buffet has a nice assortment of hot and cold foods.

My company has contracts with three hotels in the Tysons Corner area. We host several dozen classes per year with over 30 attendees. The Crowne Plaza is by far the favorite with our visitors.

Well Done!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Jospheen went out of her way to solve a problem. Needed items for an early morning meeting and she made a few calls out to local CVS stores to locate a speciality item. Without her help I would have failed at my task but thanks to her I looked great in the eyes of my boss. Her commitment to excellent customer service shined. She deserves a gold star for providing excellent customer service, great job Jospheen

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CPTysonsCorner, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Hello daniel S,

Thank you very much for such a glowing review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests get what they expect plus a little bit more.

Your comments regarding our staff show that our beliefs and training are working well. I have shared your review with our management staff as well as our team members and we personally have recognized Jospheen in front of her peers in department meetings.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to our area.

Yours in Hospitality,
Trish Drews General Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is currently being used as the hotel for a major UK based Airline....who can be hard people to please, as they get to experience an exceptionally high standard of customer service around the world....and sometimes. not so high standards!
All the staff I had an interaction with, proved professional and courteous at all times, but the bar staff in O'Malleys went above and beyond. Myself and 4 colleagues decided to eat in the already busy bar, but were greeted in a timely and friendly manner. Chris proved to be a master of "order-memory", getting all our particular quirks and requests spot-on. Drink recommendations were made convincingly and with humour. In spite of the bar being full to capacity, our order arrived promptly and without fault and all our group were impressed with the cost, quality and taste of our "bar-snacks"....only one of us was beaten by the bountiful plate of nacho's! Zack, Tyler, Alfredo and Ann Marie should be proud of the service they provide....but ultimate praise should go to Chris! If you get the chance to eat in the bar yourself, see Chris in action for yourself.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was visiting my friends and family in the DC area and found a great deal online and decided to give the Crowne Plaza a try. I usually stay at Marriott Hotels so I wasn't sure what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was very inviting and the front desk staff made me feel at home. I used the hotel shuttle to the metro station during my stay and the two drivers, Akrem and Mina, became my personal chauffeurs. They were both very personable and greeted me by my name after my second day which made me feel like I was more than just another guest. I had dinner with my family at O'Malley's one night and the food was delicious with reasonable prices. I will definitely come back to this Crowne Plaza next time I'm back in town. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was a good hotel for a business traveler. O'Malley's pub/restaurant was convenient and had Smithwick's on tap (bonus!). Breakfast bar was adequate, although the breakfast area wasn't quite big enough to handle the crowds. The staff was courteous and helpful. Nice workout area and pool. All in all, a good value for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Construction and traffic in the area, so, plan your morning drive time accordingly.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business