“NEVER AGAIN!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Chesapeake, Virginia
“NEVER AGAIN!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I picked this hotel because of the proximity to Tyson Corner Mall and Galleria. I travel a lot on business and I frequently stay at Marriott Residence Inn properties because they always make me feel like home. This one did not!! I suffered through this one night stay. It was freezing cold in the room and despite my efforts to turn on the heat only cold air blew through the vent all night. I ended up just turning the unit off and dealt with the overly cold room. My toilet was clogged up. I called the front desk the first time and the young lady came and unclogged it with a plunger. The next day it was clogged again. Who wants to stay in a room where you can't even use the bathroom. Not me!! The second time the front desk person told me I had to wait for the engineer to come in. I decided to just pack up and leave. Location was decent, breakfast was poor compared to others. Food did not taste good and selections were minimum. If I had of known that this stay would be like this I would have extended my stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse which was excellent.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Rm. 304!!!
Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank April M
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
April M

I would to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. This is not how I expect my staff at the Residence Inn to respond to guest requests. I would like to the opportunity to speak with you in furhter detail about your stay. Can you please contact me directly at 703.917.0800.

Afiya Miles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I feel at home in this hotel. Have stayed several times and will continue to return. Love the kitchen. Good location for a jog. The breakfast is decent, but the dining area is a bit cramped on the weekends when groups of tourists are in house. Abdoul at the front desk is very attentive and professional, and always mades my last stay so pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am glad that you find our property comfortable! Our goal is to make our travelers feel like they are at home here at the Residence Inn. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future stays with us!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Decent property in good condition, but less than attentive staff.

It can be hard to find the entrance at night (look for the short entrance drive) and I never could get anyone to answer the phone (3 calls) to give us directions.

I dialed the number a fourth time as I was standing at checkin and watched the call be ignored.

That's just not acceptable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob S
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Tys
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Noisy. Every time someone in a room below me flushes their toilet, it sounds like an explosion in my room. The Exercise Room is a bit of a joke. Food is horrible. Checking out tomorrow and finding another place to stay.

Stayed March 2014
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I would like to the opportunity to learn more about your stay. Can you please contact me directly at 703.917.0800.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed for one night. Checking in was quick and easy. Room has good size with a newer kitchen. The sheet on the pull out sofa bed was not very clean, with a few color mark. The breakfast room was too small and very crowed. Other than these, a good place for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ahu98
Thank you for feedback! I will be addressing these issues with the appropriate departments to use as a training guide for our staff. Our goal here at the Residence Inn is to have all of our guest have an exceptional stay. We appreciate your business and hope that when you are in the area again you will stay with us.
McDonald, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a great location, close enough to the mall, but away from the traffic! Rooms were clean and comfortable. We were traveling with our dogs, and the staff were very accommodating in placing us in a room close to an exit. The breakfast area was clean and the food was fresh. I really can't say anything bad about our stay. We come to the area about 6 time a year, and this will definitely be our hotel from now on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room was a typical Residence layout which is nice. The staff was pleasant. It is great that the food is included for some meals, but to me it was unappetizing and I went elsewhere. The equipment in the Fitness Center was older and not in great working condition. It was hard to get into the hotel during rush hour traffic. I had to go past the hotel and u-turn . I thought the internet was slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner
#4 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.5 of 5 stars 447 reviews
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
Extended Stay America - Washingt...
#12 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
#11 of 14 in Tysons Corner
3.0 of 5 stars 239 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!