“Terrible wifi, great hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible wifi, great hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed 5 nights - loved my room(s) and the hotel but hated the wi-fi. Started my stay on the sixth floor and suffered there for 2 nights with ZERO wifi access before moving down to the second. And - how has this not been mentioned by other reviewers? - even on the second floor when I was able to get online it was at a snail's sad slimy crawl speed. Forget streaming Netflix even on the lowest resolution setting. At least the front desk tried to respond and correct the issue, even if unsuccessful.

Reasonable - well, barely acceptable - work out room (read: closet) but they do have a barely advertised option to workout at an outside facility. I didn't take advantage.

Breakfast is the typical hotel stuff but the evening reception is very good and includes free draft beer and wine.

Pricey stay and if I'm back in the area I will not stay here again unless the internet speed/connection is upgraded significantly.

Room Tip: Avoid the wifi black hole sixth floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GoGetemTiger
Afiya M, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Go Getern Tiger

Thank you for the review on our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy most of the amenities of the hotel . However, I would like to apologize for the internet issue that you had in your guestroom. We did just complete an internet upgrade to prevent these issues from occuring. We have increased our speed and now you can connect up to 5 devices in the room at no charge. I am sorry that I did not get a chance to address this issue while you were here. This is not the a normal occurance and I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed here on business a number of times. Great location for business in Tyson's Corner area. Rooms are nice size, clean and quiet. Location is also good to some good and diverse options to eat. Recommended for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank philly099
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad we could accommodate your travel needs while on your business trip. We look forward to having you back on your next trip!
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed for a weekend to visit with family and found the accommodations roomy, clean and centrally located to local attractions and to DC. Very high value with the Marriott brand behind it. Complimentary buffet breakfast and wireless Internet connection included in the price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service, to enable you to get around the Tysons area. I will be sure to pass on to my staff that you enjoyed the breakfast and dinner meals. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Tysons area.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently had a three week stay here and it was great. I was impressed by the different services offered, breakfast and limited dinner during the week, shuttle van in the mornings and afternoons. The staff is also very friendly and assisted me with anything that I asked. I can honestly say that I have stayed more expensive hotels but their service was not on par with this one. Overall great stay.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Shuttle Bus as well as the breakfast and dinners.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! We were so pleased to have you as our guest for several weeks. I'm delighted to hear that you were able to take full advantage of our Shuttle serivice and the Breakfast and Evening Dinner hour. We are looking forward to your next trip to the Tysons Corner area!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn one night while on business. I had been at a different hotel in D.C. the night before that ran for twice the price. This hotel blew the other one away.The service, friendliness, cleanliness, food, and atmosphere were excellent. I plan on staying there every time I am there for work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Again, the Marriott Residence Inn brand is consistently way above average. The entire service staff was friendly, accommodating and focused on providing a home-like feeling. Absolutely clean, orderly and roomy; you are not squeezing into a tiny room. Huge plus are the Mon-Thurs social meals, so that you can relax if you have spent all day traveling or working. My favorite Marriott brand that really allows you to unwind at the end of the day. Great job by the whole team!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to make your stay so memorable and that you were able to take advantage of our Evening Social Hour! We are looking forward to your next stay!
International Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been going to this property now for about 10 years..... I have seen their transitions and improvements over the years - and they have never been better. The GM is the type that gets to know you by name - the staff is friendly and engaging - and the service is commensurate a five-star property. Realistically - Residence Inn properties are not supposed to compete with the JW Marriotts ... or the Ritz Carltons of the area - but this property does a legitimate job in seducing the business traveler because the amazing amenities they offer - which are
unparallelled in the area - really give reason to keep going back.

Sure, the TV channels skip out when there is a thunderstorm ... the new flat-screen TVs are a little large for my personal taste given the proximity to the bed - sometimes my shower curtain rod is not perfectly level (the travesty!!) ... and sometimes the amazing breakfast draws so many people its hard to find a seat in the newly rennovated lobby... but I can live with the incidental flaws based on the fact that the breakfast actually CHANGES each day - the dinner is a proper meal (also changing each day) where i don't have to find something else - the free, select adult beverages give the feel of a happy hour (how many hotel lobbies have you been in that can say this??) - and the people are actually enjoyable to talk with. My challenge to all who stay here is to figure out which of the employees just recently worked at a luxury car dealership as a lead service rep.

As for the numerous positives of this property - I only regret that by writing a positive review of this secret oasis in the Tysons Corner area that availability will decrease with more people wanting to stay there. Thank goodness Marriott offers the 'Platinum Override' where I'm guaranteed a room for their 'frequent stayers' :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your amazing review! We truly enjoyed having you as our guest and I'm so glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast and the Evening Dinner Hour with beverages! We are looking forward to your next visit to the Tysons Corner area and hope to see you back again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tysons Corner
Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner
#4 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.5 of 5 stars 447 reviews
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner
Extended Stay America - Washingt...
#12 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
Quality Inn Tysons Corner
#11 of 14 in Tysons Corner
3.0 of 5 stars 239 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner Mall? Share your experiences!