“Best restaurant in the Tysons Area”

Chef Geoff's Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: International Drive
Description: Chef Geoff’s newest restaurant is in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best restaurant in the Tysons Area”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

All of the Chef Geoffs locations are great but this one is my favorite. Great decor and ambiance and I have always had consistently good service here. The food is delicious at all of his restaurants. My favorite has to be the parmesan truffle popcorn; its a must. The Tysons area doesn't have the best dining options so Chef Geoff's is definitely my favorite restaurant in the area.

1 Thank LizVandy

Bristow, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hoping for exceptional got just very good.”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We love checking out top chefs and were excited to find Chef Geoff's, we had two appetizers,
Calamari ( excellent) and Popcorn with Truffle oil and herbs. (hard to eat, tough) We have had a version of the popcorn at the "inns at little Washington" I was so excited to have something similar and was very disappointed. It felt like the popcorn was cooked with too much oil. I ordered the special with was Halibut, my husband had the NY Steak and my daughter the Fish Tacos. My Halibut was flavorful but over cooked, my husband's steak was over cooked and my daughter's fish taco... she didn't like at all. Although she has a developed palate she is only 10 so I can't hold that against the restaurant. I think it might have been an off night for the chef.

1 Thank jtzim4
Reston, Virginia
“Pretty good all around”
Reviewed December 5, 2009

Chef Geoff's replaced Colvin Run Tavern with a fresh new restaurant. It has a decent happy hour and good menu all around. The Sunday brunch is a bit on the pricey side though.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good Place for a Weekday Lunch or Dinner - Nice Ambiance, but food is just OK”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I went for restaurant week and it was nice that they offered the entire menu. We sat at a lovely table outside - really nice tables and chai...rs. The inside is pleasant and open with modern decor. The calamari and gnocchi were good although not really that warm temperature wise. The shrimp and grits were quite good although the crab cakes were just OK. The star of the night was the chocolate truffle cake; it was truly to die for. I would go there just for that if you ever need a chocolate fix. There are limited dining options in Tyson's - Chef Geoff's is a nice spot to meet for lunch or a weekday dinner, but don't go there for the food. It's just OK but satisfying.

Northern VA
“good service, terrible food”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Food was very bad..... fried chicken salad: the chicken was dry, overcooked and tasteless; lettuce was bitter and limp. Desserts were not good either -- strawberry shortcake was dry and bland, the strawberries were not fresh. Chocolate truffle cake was mushy and thick. Just about inedible. On the plus side, the service was very good. The waiter was responsive to our issues, the manager came over and comped the salads, desserts, AND deducted our $10 coupon too. But, I will not return... food was just too bad!