“I know you don't know me but please do me a BIG favor and DON'T come here for Restaurant Week...”

Chef Geoff's Tysons
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's Tysons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 100 Restaurants in Tysons Corner
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: International Drive
Description: Chef Geoff’s newest restaurant is in the heart of Tysons Corner. Our expansive menu is designed to please. Try some of our favorites like Big Shrimp and Very Gouda Grits, the tender Filet Mignon with Warm Bacon Relish, or our handmade Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Truffle Butter. Join us on Sundays for brunch and every Monday for half price wines. Enjoy our ever-popular happy hour daily from 3pm to 7pm and all night on Monday and Tuesday. An eighty seat patio provides some of the best outdoor dining in the area. We truly have something for everyone and look forward to welcoming you. Cheers! Chef Geoff.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Went with friends and had a GREAT time.
It is a beautiful restaurant with wonderful Contemporary American style food and excellent service.
All of the appetizers we had were great and I really enjoyed the Crispy Calamari. It was served with three dips--sweet chile sauce, marinara and lemon aioli.
I had the Short Ribs, my wife had the Madras Curry Chicken (I ate almost half of hers--only because there was more than she could eat and was saving room for dessert!) Another friend had the Steamed Mussels. It too was a large serving so I "helped her out" by eating some of hers (hey, what are friends for?? haha) Our other friend also had the Short Ribs.
My wife said the Madras Curry Chicken is one of the best chicken dishes she has ever tasted.
For dessert, I chose the Lemon Pudding Cake, which is excellent and very lemony.
Two of the others got the Banana Tres Leches Cake and it is incredible.
The last person was very happy with his combination of three scoops of sorbet.

I hate to say that we went during Restaurant Week and the way they have their choices from their regular menu is the way I wish ALL participating restaurants did it.

The reason I hate to say this is because we will always be coming back to this place, ESPECIALLY for Restaurant Week and I know it will be even harder to get a reservation during those seven days! What an incredible deal--and one you should check out for yourself.

Kara C, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you so much for joining us during Restaurant Week and posting a great review. We are always pleased to hear that our guests appreciate our offering the full menu. We truly believe that is what restaurant week is all about....showcasing your menu! Why limit it!?

We appreciate your continued loyalty and hope to see you again soon. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with a reservation or special requests.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Kara Carmichael
Guest Relations
karac@chefgeoff.com

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was the most delictible and perfectly presented dining experience we've had in years. [We've been to this Chef Geoff's a few times over the past several years, hence chose this venue for an early New Year's Eve dinner.] The shrimp and pork appetizer had a remarkable flavor, along with the sause. The butternut squash bisque was particularly tasty. The ceaser salad was more interesting and tasty than any other I've ever had. For a main course, we went with the recommended special -- 3 peppercorn crusted beef medalions with the best creamed spinach we've ever experienced (not very creamy, no bitterness), had lobster chunks in the mashed potatoes, and more. All expertly prepared, top chef quality dining. The server was knowledgeable and attentive. We felt a bit of a rush, but then again it was New Year's Eve early dining. Their regular dinner menu (printing and content) is not what one would expect to see at what years ago had been such an upscale restaurant, and no longer expect white table cloths where they deemed wooden tables in booths as being adequate. So absolutely, you can still expect most excellent food, excellent service, top but reasonable prices, in this somewhat more relaxed ambiance. We would definitely go back for the food. An all-time winner.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your nice comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Cheers,

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This restaurant has great specials, gret food, great servers . It's a great find
When you are a visitor to ths area.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Good evening Barbara,

Thank you for dining with us and for your nice review here on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may ever assist with special requests or reservations.

Cheers,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We get to NoVa a couple of times a year and this used to be one of our favorite brunch places. It's really slipped. Gone are the muffins and fresh fruit that used to be served with the brunch. Worse yet, all the egg dishes (which sounded good on the menu) were bland. The sauces were heavy and pretty much tasteless. While there were a good number of servers they seemed to be best at ignoring the table. Any special request seemed to be too difficult to do and we had to wait for our coffee until halfway through brunch. Three stars is a generous rating.

Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's Tysons, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Good afternoon Steve,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your last visit. Please allow me to apologize for the bland food and inattentive service. I reviewed this note with our chef and management teams and we are taking steps to address our mistakes. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for sharing.

I sincerely hope that you will dine with us again. Please allow me to assist you with a reservation so that I can personally ensure your next visit is great.

Best,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Chef Geoff's at Tyson's needs a makeover in the kitchen and a change in menu management. We recently had dinner and were stunned with dramatically reduced portions especially edamami. A order of Tuscan mussels arrived cold and without the sausage identified on the menu. Chain restaurants should have consistency and dependability if nothing else. Tysons' Chef Geoff's has neither.

Good afternoon Dick,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food during your visit. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the entire team. I reviewed your comment with our chefs and we are taking steps to ensure we're executing those dishes correctly every time. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for sharing.

I sincerely hope that you will dine with us again. Please let me know if I may ever assist with a reservation or special request.

Best,